Mirko Crocop possible comback to UFC after tournament win.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Universal Kombat, Dec 31, 2016.

1. BlackPhillip

BlackPhillip Blue Belt

Yes, cause nobody in the US takes PED's, and obviously only Cro cop get's to take it. Not like it is an even playing field or anything.

Universal Kombat and cobrinski like this.
  2. Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

it is stupid that people claimed Cro Cop's decline was due to being off vitamins. If Ubereem can fight in strikeforce and UFC, do you think Cro Cop couldn't use any vitamins?

Universal Kombat likes this.
  3. Universal Champion

Universal Champion Green Belt

Point being he'd be tested in the UFC therefor would'nt be same. He beat cans & a bloated LHW in this tourney, kudos.

4. Hi chael.

And as far as kneeing big guts is concerned, fat is not a layer of protection. I know it's "funny" (to the 12 and under crowd) to say "lol he can't even feel it, he's soooo fat!". But it's not true.

And the sumo is... a sumo. He isn't used to getting hit. And if you watch his previous fights, he wants hit (effectively).

So in closing, you're an idiot

5. Mo was last year's open weight tournament champ. He was 9-0 at heavyweight. Beat Kongo with ease.

The sumo was a gimme but amir was the favorite to win the whole thing before it started.

So in closing, you're an idiot

6. He WASN'T hit (effectively)

cobrinski likes this.
  7. Mike

Mike RIP Frankie

People are getting a little excited about crushing some cans and a fringe LHW. I like Crocop but it isn't that impressive. I mean come on.

8. Mike

Mike RIP Frankie

Kongo is a fucking bum cmon son.

9. That fact that people think that 99% of the UFC isn't on something boggles the mind. The fucking women are on roids for fucks sake. You're all clueless

cobrinski, FierceHitman and tatanos like this.
  10. You're a fucking bum

cobrinski and FierceHitman like this.
  11. Universal Champion

Universal Champion Green Belt

Mo's mediocre @ any weight,"Beat Kongo with ease" he beat Kongo(an aging journeyman) via split decision ?!, Using your idiotic MMA math Emanuel Newton is a world beater, due to beating Mo twice very easily lol.

Aimr Aliakbari's only notable MMA win was Heath Herring lol him being a "favorite" just shows you how weak the card was.

So in closing STFU son.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  12. Mike

Mike RIP Frankie

Fascinating counter argument. Kongo is a journeyman, and past his prime as well. It's not that impressive.

13. moreorless87

moreorless87 Disarming Posting

Ironically Crocop today is actually carrying MUCH more muscle than he ever did in Pride, he's what 10-15lbs heavier now whilst still being lean.

The period he really changed physically and put on this muscle was actually during his second UFC run as well not when fighting elsewhere.

No idea whether its down to PEDs or not but my guess is it was a tactical choice. During his peak years Mirko depended a lot on his speed so probably didn't want to gain too much muscle mass where as over the last decade obviously his mobility has dropped off a lot with or without the extra muscle.

I think you can see it on the way he's hurting people now and then. Back in the day my guess is Mirko actually hit harder overall but that was because he could get his entire body behind his kicks and punches. These days he can't do that anymore(no LHK and body kick as death moves) but you are seeing him hurt opponents in a "Carwin" like fashion, short punches, knees and elbows with less obvious buildup.

He has definitely adjusted more to his strengths today and could potentially have some success in the UFC as a result although I still think opponents with powerful striking would prove to be a weakness.

cobrinski and FedorRoks like this.
  14. I think you're past your prime. I'm a journey man and I just beat you into submission

cobrinski likes this.
  15. Cro cop > emanuel "fig" newton

16. Beating 3 younger guys in a 3 day span isn't impressive? Do we need to list the names of the UFC championship and top 5 fighters who haven't even fought 3 times in 2016?

It is impressive. Winning 4 fights ķ all finishes) in 3 months is impressive. Not getting injured (or more likely, fighting while injured) is impressive.

I'm closing, you're still an idiot

17. Let's see your favorite ufc fighters enter a 1 night tournament. Only one with the balls would be cowboy

cobrinski and FierceHitman like this.
  18. Ramon Antonio

Ramon Antonio Brown Belt

They don't do that for tournaments because they don't want fighters to have huge cuts when they have to fight 2 more times. There already have been fights with elbows in Rizin.

cobrinski likes this.
  19. ScrillaXL

ScrillaXL Blue Belt

Fat boy Baruto looked like he dived , I know CC hits hard but it looked suss

20. What if he did? Are you saying he was paid? And if so, cc was in on it?

IF he took a dive

A. It could've been cuz he's a fat pussy

B. The promoters paid him, unbeknownst to cc
    .c. he dove and cc knew he was gonna do it.

I'd believe a and b before I believe c