Mir vs Schaub?

Jrey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think this is a good match up right now, Mir coming off a (controversial?) loss vs. Brendan coming off a win but through a lower ranked opponent. We could see where Schaub stacks up in the HW division and we have to great BJJ players going at it.

I'll have Schaub getting dropped in R1, but then eventually submitting Mir with a triangle armbar combo. How does everyone else have it here?

I don't really see Mir getting submitted especially after what happened to Nog if anyone has him rocked they would be smart just to keep decking him because lets face it Mir's ability to take punches is worse then it's ever been IMO. I don't see Schuab submitting Mir in any circumstance.

I could see Mir winning by TKO. I could also see Mir losing by TKO though. I would still give the edge to Mir despite recent performances.

Would be a much better fight than Mir vs Overeem.

I think Mir should have fought winner of Schaub/Mitrione.

I like Mir, he's one of m y fav HW, but Shaub could probably knock out Mir because of his speed. Mir seems to have trouble against guys who are fast and aggressive. I think I first noticed this was the 2nd Noguiera fight and then now against Barnette.

This Schaub BJJ Phenom gimmick is getting old really fast...

The fact that Brendan himself still drags this on doesn't help.

They should call this one "Shattered Glass". I'd buy it because one of these dudes would be brutally KOed for sure.

Mir is awful, any guy worth his salt should take him.

This Schaub BJJ Phenom gimmick is getting old really fast...

The fact that Brendan himself still drags this on doesn't help.

Idk, it's one of my favorite jokes in MMA at the moment.

It makes listening to him talk even more hilarious.

I want to see this just for the pre-fight trash talk & interviews. The world as we know it would cease to exist from the smugness.

I want to see this just for the pre-fight trash talk & interviews. The world as we know it would cease to exist from the smugness.

Good point

They are both known for talking out of their @ss

Won't happen TS.

Odds on Mir gets cut after he loses to Reem.

I think it would be a better fight than Overeem (both from Mir's and a spectator's point of view).

Back