Mir vs Oleinik

Double 99

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I wish Mir would chill out a bit and accept some lower-ranked opponents rather than just trying to fight top 5 all the time. There are a lot of people I'm sure would be interested in fighting him and a lot of interesting fights for him. For instance Oleinik. Mir could get some more Ws under his belt, polish his skills, earn some $$$ and work his way back up.

Oleinik is no joke.
50-9-1

11-fight win streak all via stoppage, no decisions.

2-0 UFC record with a KO and a scarf-hold neck crank submission. He has awesome subs, multiple Ezekiel chokes, and has tons of finishes.

jkn_2_0_0.jpg

OleksiyOliynyk_Headshot.png

Jxh9M1HyMTE.jpg

7972481.jpg

Alexey%2BOleinik%2BCrushes%2BJared%2BRosholt%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B57%2BAustin.gif

Oliynyk I think can win. He has awesome subs and bombs in his hands. Sloppy striking, but his cranks/chokes are lethal.

giphy.gif

Oliynyk I think can win. He has awesome subs and bombs in his hands. Sloppy striking, but his cranks/chokes are lethal.

giphy.gif

Yeah, but Mir's ground game is on a different level than the guys he's been ezekiel choking. I could see Mir getting a submission, too. It is a good fight--both older guys with strong submission games. I'm not a fan of Mir, but I still don't want to see him fight another stronger/more athletic/elite fighter. This is the kind of fight he needs.

Mir is just fighting to entertain and close out his career now. He's been my favorite fighter since his "Mir-lock" win over Pete Williams but his days of competing for a title shot are over.

He has an (estimated) net worth of about $10m so money isn't going to be the major motivator (can always use more but he sure doesn't NEED to fight to get paid anymore).

Yeah, but Mir's ground game is on a different level than the guys he's been ezekiel choking. I could see Mir getting a submission, too. It is a good fight--both older guys with strong submission games. I'm not a fan of Mir, but I still don't want to see him fight another stronger/more athletic/elite fighter. This is the kind of fight he needs.

Oliynyk KO'd Rosholt, and I'm not sure at this point in his career Mir would be able to handle Rosholt that easily. A bit of MMA Math, I know but considering Oliynyk's streak and the power he's been able to really show I think I would favor him over Mir.

He might have a better shot against bigfoot at this point.

Oleinik would crush both Mir and Bigfoot at this point. Both of their steroids aka trt which brought them their success in recent years.

Eh not a good idea if you want Oleinik as an easy opponent. He has a good chance of winning, this isn't a lock for Mir by any stretch.

i get that warm icky pleasure of seeing mir fight the top and getting his ass handed to him.

Back