Mir vs Dos Santos should have been stopped after round 1 ?

I think he meant prime JDS (before the two Cain beatings) vs. Ubereem. It was scheduled but cancelled due to Overeem's failed drug test. JDS was definitely not the same fighter by the time he fought Overeem a few years later.
aha

Those Cain fights were brutal

UFC 146 , Mir vs Dos Santos , MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas .

Mir was already hurt at the end of round 1 .

During the rest period after round 1 when they asked Mir does he know where he is , he said he was at Mandalay Bay .

In the round 2 he was KOd.

ufc_146_mixed_martial_arts_221755411.jpg
Here you go TS.
sad1.gif

i dont think i was ever more sad in a mma fight when mir lost that night.i thot mir would tank jds shots and sub jds later on.

I don't recall Mir being hurt THAT badly. I thought the stoppage was perfect.

I don't recall Mir being hurt THAT badly. I thought the stoppage was perfect.

He only gets beaten and hurt badly if hes getting press against the cage and gnp. 1st round Jds rocked him once with 1 punch and wild flurry but he held on. 2nd round it was just a decent punch but not really bomb of a punch and mir went down and a few punches and that was it. JDS still outclassed him but I'm sure Mir was fine after.

Mir was originally post to fight Cain that event and I think Cain would of hurt him more just cause of his style

Is there any rule that he actually needs to know which arena he's fighting in? They probably figured that it was close enough and that he knew he was in the middle of a fight. Some of the details get fuzzy when you get slapped around like that. Imagine Maynard rocking Edgar multiple times like he did and then the fight gets stopped just because Edgar fucks up the name of the venue. It's a ridiculous standard.

You could be winning a fight, exchange some blows, and forget the name of the venue. Seems pretty easy to do.
True, all the hotels and arenas in Vegas look the same. Except Circus Circus, that place is dope!

Too bad we never got to see Carwin vs JDS

Am I the only one that thinks Mir's devastating losses overshadow his meh to average wins
He has some fantastic fucking wins. But he is one of those guys that will get destroyed if he loses haha

Back