Mir is going to destroy Cormier (Part 2)

I love Nog, but come on. He's not even top 10 at this point. He's also relying more on his striking than his BJJ, which is what got him to the top back in PRIDE. This is a sloppy argument at best.

DC destroys Mir standing and on the ground. Lesnar annihilated Mir, and Cormier is a better wrestler (US Olympic Team Captain better). No way Mir wins this fight, or any fight against any top 10 HWs. Mir's days are numbered.

You're probably right, but I'm sure Mir will test his sub defence like no one has so far, will be interesting to see, Mir could sub him.

Mir's been ko'ed and battered a bit much as of late... Cormier is nothing to write home about either, but at this point Cormier wins.

cormier's wrestling imo would allow him to dominate mir even on the ground. His stand up however is solid but not spectacular but i believe he has the power to stop mir first or second round tko.

I don't know why people are saying last night was a bad showing for cormier he fought a huge underdog in peoples opinion and imo he dominated.

This thread is a work and all these little kids need to get of Mir's sac.. He is GREAT at ONE martial art and below average at the rest.

Mir wouldn't have let a guy like Starling get to the second round, flu or not.

And that has any bearing on the stylistic matchup of Cormier vs Mir how exactly?

I hope you're just counter-trolling because your point is dumber than the logical fallacy of pure MMA Math algebra. It's like MMA Math in a hospital ward...

Compelling argument.

Mir looked good against a well past his prime Cro Cop.

And Cormier didnt have his best performance.

Therefore Cormier can't beat Mir based on that?

Hahaha Genius!

I don't know why people are saying last night was a bad showing for cormier he fought a huge underdog in peoples opinion and imo he dominated.

Everyone on the main card fought basically set up fights. Except the main event, all the "opponents" had no chance. How that hobo got out of the first round is what has people talking about Cormier.. I mean the guy never threw a punch in 2 rounds.

But Cormier will have very little trouble with Mir at this point.

dumb logic. Cormier gets an easy opponent and doesn't go all out so he's going to lose to Mir? Seriously ?

And that has any bearing on the stylistic matchup of Cormier vs Mir how exactly?

I hope you're just counter-trolling because your point is dumber than the logical fallacy of pure MMA Math algebra. It's like MMA Math in a hospital ward...

MMath in a hospital ward < mental ward.

This thread is a work and all these little kids need to get of Mir's sac.. He is GREAT at ONE martial art and below average at the rest.

I agree submissions are his strong suit but mirs takedown defense is lacking partially because he does not mind fighting off his back. If lesnar can keep mir down and tko him so can cormier.

Mir was and is a great fighter. But just look at his performance vs Shane Carwin, and his two fights against Lesnar (Lesnar was VERY inexperienced in the first fight and was dominating until he got hit with the heel hook).

Mir does not do well with top-end wrestlers. And although Cormier is significantly smaller than either Carwin or Lesnar - he is a probably the best wrestler of the bunch. It is possible Mir's size advantage would help him... but I suspect Cormier would just tie him up for the first round to tire Mir out - and then finish him in the second via GNP

Why? Allow me to resort to impeccable logic not uncommon here: Mir looked absolutely fantastic against Cro Cop. Granted, Mirko was well past his prime, but still...

That incarnation of Mir is *obviously* superior to Daniel Cormier, who had a horrendous showing last night. I think Cormier's performance against Starling is a compelling evidence that shows why Cormier loses to Mir

Much like when Matt serra fought GSP,I remember someone saying Serra's only chance was the lighting to fall on GSP and knock him out. Look what happened and there are no gaurantees or sure things in mma.

lol I can tell you're a professional debate wizard.

I was simply stating that Mir would not let a fighter of Starling's caliber, who was called in at the last minute, get to the second round.

Everyone on the main card fought basically set up fights. Except the main event, all the "opponents" had no chance. How that hobo got out of the first round is what has people talking about Cormier.. I mean the guy never threw a punch in 2 rounds.

But Cormier will have very little trouble with Mir at this point.

I totally agree cormier imo should have been able to finish staring in the first but other than that not a bad showing.

It'll be fun to watch Mir get outclassed on the feet and fail to get a sub on the ground. Would be allot more fun to watch him take home an appendage, but it ain't happnin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back