Mir and Arlovski on fighting & being friends

Can't Friggin wait.. hoping Mir wins but this was honestly the last fight I wanted to see them in.

I remember loving AA as a kid in 4th grade, same with Mir. It's hard to believe their careers are continuing and they are fighting each other in 2015, but also very appealing to the kid in me.

Seems like the HWs have to fight their friends more often than the other weight classes.

I remember loving AA as a kid in 4th grade, same with Mir. It's hard to believe their careers are continuing and they are fighting each other in 2015, but also very appealing to the kid in me.

Yeah Arlovski is one of the first fighters I learned about when I was just getting into mma. I remember seeing a UFC hype trailer for his upcoming fight that said something to the effect of of how unstoppable he was and wondering if he would ever lose. Lol. Same with Diego.

I completely agree with Mir. This fight deserves more buildup, and from a personal perspective I see where he's coming from. I'll be watching of course, but I hate to see one of them derail the other given their history in the sport. Hopefully it's a close decision.

Edit: Either of them is an interesting matchup for Werdum as well (assuming he is stays champ and one of them gets a title shot against him of course).

Last edited:
Tough spot to be asked to fight your friend, but it is what it is. They're both long time professionals so I doubt it will be an issue in the ring.

And yah, they deserved a bit more notice for a better build up.

How old are you, homie?

Back