Miocic weight at UFC second, third fight with dc

KillaZs

Karlos "The MASTURBATOR" Vemola
Banned
Reaction score
Do you think it was his plan to be faster and have better cardio? He said he didnt mean to loose any weight, but you cannot know ..
Anway, he got some disproportionate strenght for his weight some fighters are just blessed with it, Cormier didnt attempt another takedowns, because he felt Stipe is strong and its hard to take him down and hold him there.
Do you think hes gonna come at 230 range against Ngannou?

I think he'll do well in coming back in the same shape as with DC 3.

Francis has probably improved enough and Stipe has possibly been worn enough by damage and time for the last fight not to replicate itself, might as well stick to the improved speed.

Do you think it was his plan to be faster and have better cardio? He said he didnt mean to loose any weight, but you cannot know ..
Anway, he got some disproportionate strenght for his weight some fighters are just blessed with it, Cormier didnt attempt another takedowns, because he felt Stipe is strong and its hard to take him down and hold him there.

I did a thread on this..... .

The best weight range for HW champions are between 235 and 245lbs...if he comes within this he will be in optimum performance range for past champions in the UFC...

So id expect him to be in that range..i also expect jones to be in that range...only Brock has been champion weighing close to the limit like ngannou...only 1 champion in the history of Hw division...

For reference

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-heavyweight-championship-by-the-numbers.4153046/

The best weight range for HW champions are between 235 and 245lbs...if he comes within this he will be in optimum performance range for past champions in the UFC...

So id expect him to be in that range..i also expect jones to be in that range...only Brock has been champion weighing close to the limit like ngannou...only 1 champion in the history of Hw division...

For reference

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-heavyweight-championship-by-the-numbers.4153046/
I dont think its gonna be a rule, the newest HW fighters are heavier and heavier, look Volkov he was around 240 then he went 265+ and hes different beast now, Lewis is 265+ too, Ngannou 260 now, I dont think there will be many light champions anymore.
Stipe is ok with 230 (235 at fight night), because he is so strong and is technical, but mostly these dudes are hard KO punchers.

That 230 range is where he should come in. I just don't see a lot of gains to be made coming in a lot heavier. He may need that cardio and speed this time around.

I dont think its gonna be a rule, the newest HW fighters are heavier and heavier, look Volkov he was around 240 then he went 265+ and hes different beast now, Lewis is 265+ too, Ngannou 260 now, I dont think there will be many light champions anymore.

Lewis got dummied by D.C... a guy much smaller

Ngannou already lost to the lighter stipe

Volkov is the only potential outlier..but even if he won the belt he still be only the second guy to be that heavy to be champion...still very rare...

I like Stipe but regardless of weight he comes in at he is getting KOed by Ngannou. Stipe is old and on the wrong side of the Prime bell curve. I hope he does not get hurt badly in this fight.

Volkov is the only potential outlier..but even if he won the belt he still be only the second guy to be that heavy to be champion...still very rare...
Cormier was 253 pounds against Lewis, but Lewis had worse tdd than now(lets not fool ourselves) I said there wont be more light champions so dont count stipe/DC.
Its good to be lighter in hw especially in championship fights, but you have to be genetic freak to be able to ko much bigger opponent and have enough strenght to dont get ragdolled.

Cormier was 253 pounds against Lewis, but Lewis had worse tdd than now(lets not fool ourselves) I said there wont be more light champions so dont count stipe/DC.
Its good to be lighter in hw especially in championship fights, but you have to be genetic freak to be able to ko much bigger opponent and have enough strenght to dont get ragdolled.

D.C was 253 no cut...lewis was 265 with a cut..

Again Much smaller... both height and weight and dealt with him easily..and would deal with him.easily again...no amount of tdd lewis has gained stops D.C takedowns lol... The dudes an Olympian

Stipe is ok with 230 (235 at fight night), because he is so strong and is technical, but mostly these dudes are hard KO punchers.

That was not really a "rule" but rather a historical consideration. Smaller HWs have typically dominated larger HWs.

None of the guys you mentioned are or were ever champions and in fact two of them (Ngannou and Lewis) lost their title fights against smaller opponents (Stipe and DC), so I am not sure that proves the point you wanna make.

For reference

Gane is the futur dominant UFC HW champ for the next 10 years and hes 250

Gane is the futur dominant UFC HW champ for the next 10 years and hes 250

Yeah...ill believe it when i see it..

Guy was impressive with his movement saturday but hes untested and seems to be opposed to grappling as he likely could of stopped rozen if he took him down after controlling him on the feet for several rounds...

Jones beats Gane currently

Yeah he was definitely working on speed, cardio, and movement. His body type shows what kind of training he was focused on. You don't need to be overly muscular to have strength, especially sustained strength to last throughout the fight. Just look at Khabib's body type.

Stipe was 15 pounds heavier when he fought Ngannou than when he fought Cormier

Stipe was 15 pounds heavier when he fought Ngannou than when he fought Cormier

Ok.. meaning?

Ngannou was likely 275 to 280+ ....he cut to make 265

Stipe was still smaller and was closer to the weight i described then ngannou..

Whats ur point

Ok.. meaning?

Ngannou was likely 275 to 280+ ....he cut to make 265

Stipe was still smaller and was closer to the weight i described then ngannou..

Whats ur point
Well thing is that you said 235-245 range is best, but Stipe was 248 at weigh ins at morning so he was around 251 at fight against Ngannou.

230-240 seems to be the point of diminishing returns at HW.

above that the loss in speed and cardio outweighs the “gain” in weight and power.

D.C was 253 no cut...lewis was 265 with a cut..

Again Much smaller... both height and weight and dealt with him easily..and would deal with him.easily again...no amount of tdd lewis has gained stops D.C takedowns lol... The dudes an Olympian
Forget about Stipe, Cormier I said there wont be many ligh HW champs anymore +253 pounds isnt small at all.

230-240 seems to be the point of diminishing returns at HW.

above that the loss in speed and cardio outweighs the “gain” in weight and power.
Well, but look current top 5 HW....
Thing is, you can be succesfull with lighter weight in HW, but you have to be world class athlete, for example in ACA there was fight between Martinek and James (martinek was 235 pounds, james 290+) and once James got Martinek on cage it was over..

Back