Miocic vs Rothwell @ UFN 76 Dublin

Fox by the Sea

Lighthouse Keeper
Platinum Member
Reaction score
A strange matchup, seems like they do not know what to do with Stipe while everybody waits for the werdum-cain rematch.

A heavyweight matchup with title implications is headed to Dublin for UFC Fight Night 76.

Stipe Miocic (13-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC) and Ben Rothwell (35-9 MMA, 5-3 UFC) will meet on the Oct. 24 card headlined by a lightweight matchup between Dustin Poirier and Joseph Duffy, multiple sources confirmed to MMAjunkie.

The sources requested anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the booking publicly.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/heavyweights-stipe-miocic-and-ben-rothwell-targeted-for-ufc-fight-night-76-in-dublin?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

When the news of this broke earlier today, I was so annoyed at the matchup because it made it pretty much a guarantee that Cain was getting a rematch.

I like this fight.
Looks like an easy call for Stipe, but don't sleep on Big Ben.

Miocic by having talent. The only time Rothwell wins over someone good its cause there chinny, Stipe isnt

This means if Arlovski beats Mir without taking damage he'll likely get the title shot when Cain pulls out of 194.

good fight. tough to call. stipe has better technical boxing, while big ben has that power. im intrigued.

Not sure who they are trying to set up as number 1 contender because if both AA and Rothwell win, that's a solid case for either.

Not sure who they are trying to set up as number 1 contender because if both AA and Rothwell win, that's a solid case for either.

if rothwell wins, we'll never hear the end of "Miocic was overrated, therefore JDS is overrated"

Stipe has a better case than Rothwell. Even if Rothwell won the Mir/aa or Reem/jds winner would get the title shot. Mostly because Rothwell would get embarrassed by Cain or Werdum

Want Rothwell to win so I can see Evil Rothwell in the post fight interview.

Anik will probably make it awkward again though.

This fight makes sense but Arlovski should be fighting Werdum for the belt and Cain should be at home nursing an injury. I have absolutely no desire to see him fight for the title ever again considering we just escaped his record-settingly bad reign

Big Ben TKO 1
VyQyyZ.gif

Back