Miocic vs rothwell confirmed. Who takes it? (and HW landscape)

Miocic will beat up Rothwell pretty badly for 3 rounds. Rothwell is too slow for Miocic.

It's a joke that Cain got the next title shot but I'm glad Stipe didn't get it either. While he's improving all the time, he hasn't had a single legit win in the UFC save for a declining 40-something Hunt.

He lost decisively to Junior, and has only really beaten cans like Gonzaga (barely) Big Country, the LHW Maldanado, Beltran and Phil de Fries.

Andre deserved the shot big time imo.

It's going to be interesting and funny if Rothwell does win the fight. With a division of JDS, Overeem, Arlovski, Miocic, Hunt, Mir, Bigfoot, Barnett it will be Ben who will have 1 of 2 top contender status. And thats if Andrei beats Mir, if he doesnt then Big Ben will stand alone as the clear top contender. I would have never expected that a year ago.

It's a joke that Cain got the next title shot but I'm glad Stipe didn't get it either. While he's improving all the time, he hasn't had a single legit win in the UFC save for a declining 40-something Hunt.

He lost decisively to Junior, and has only really beaten cans like Gonzaga (barely) Big Country, the LHW Maldanado, Beltran and Phil de Fries.

Andre deserved the shot big time imo.

I always get a laugh out of posts like this and the perception from some fans of what "legit wins" are. Calling guys like Nelson and Gonzaga cans and not legit wins is a pretty stupid thing to say. I guess you're one of these guys that claims a legit win is only a top 5 fighter who's on a good winning streak? By your definition there are maybe 5 guys at HW in the world you would consider a "legit win"

If a fighter is competing in the UFC and is in the top 20/25 in a division, that is world class talent. Hw has 30 some odd fighters which is much less then other divisions, if a HW is top 20 that is world class level and as legit as it gets.

Every weight class above Middleweight really needs new fighters as soon as possible.

Heavyweight barely has any fish in the sea up there now...

I think Miocic is the better fighter but Big Ben just finds a way to win.

this. i always bet against him and he always finds a way to pull it out. not going against big ben again. he's just tough as nails.

Weird ass Ben will absorb eventual punishment and get the TKO. Miocic doesn't impress me at all.

Rothwell is too slow for Miocic.

you could say that about anyone rothwell faces though (schaub / vera / overeem etc), he's one of the slower fighters in the division. speed isn't the only thing that matters.

Rothwell via something crazy ;)

Go watch another sport. This is the heavyweight division. Rothwell hits plenty hard to catch Stipe and get a KO but Stipe is by far the more skilled fighter and the smart money is on Stipe.

Keep on licking the balls of Miocic and miss actually watching fighters instead of hating on them. The smart money is actually on Ben. We will see who gets beat and come back to these posts.

This is the heavyweight division.

Man people who can hate on Rothwell can hate on anyone

Hope he keeps the streak going and KO's Stipe but it won't be easy

Hoping for another spectacular Rothwell win. Feel much less than 50% certain that is gonna happen, though. :(

Miocic should win this via having better combos and movement.

That being said, anyone in the division better be wary of Ben's power, especially early in the fight.

Miocic.. He is better fighter technically. But I want Ben to win with a come from behind KO this dude has been interesting to watch and I want that streak to continue. HW is starting to get fun again.

Another showcase fight for Miocic in my opinion. It is cute that everyone loves Rothwell, but Mitrione gifted him a submission with the ill timed shot, and KO'ing Overeem isn't exactly the hardest thing to do.

Werdum vs Cain is not a terrible match up.

People just don't like Cain as champ so they pretend Werdum just mauled Cain to insinuate Cain won't do well in a rematch.

Another showcase fight for Miocic in my opinion. It is cute that everyone loves Rothwell, but Mitrione gifted him a submission with the ill timed shot, and KO'ing Overeem isn't exactly the hardest thing to do.

Gifted him a submission?

Miocic got frustrated on the feet because nothing was landing clean for him so he shot a TD and got choked.

Gifting a submission IMO implies they gave them the choke knowingly. Which is fucking stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back