Miocic vs Nelson Free Fight

MMAth. Nelson and Maldonado are different fighters. Both have solid chins and can take a beating. Nelson probably has more 1-punch power but Maldonado is the more technical striker. He's also a little bit taller with 2" of reach on Nelson (Micioc still has 5" reach advantage), and seems to have an easier time going 15 minutes than Roy.

Miocic looked great against Roy and has faced better competition at HW, but it would be a mistake to assume Fabio can't be competitive just because Roy got picked apart on the feet before gassing.

MMAth. Nelson and Maldonado are different fighters. Both have solid chins and can take a beating. Nelson probably has more 1-punch power but Maldonado is the more technical striker. He's also a little bit taller with 2" of reach on Nelson (Micioc still has 5" reach advantage), and seems to have an easier time going 15 minutes than Roy.

Miocic looked great against Roy and has faced better competition at HW, but it would be a mistake to assume Fabio can't be competitive just because Roy got picked apart on the feet before gassing.

Maldonado has much less power in his strikes. He's a volume puncher and mainly throws arm punches. He also doesn't use his reach, is slow and plodding. His grappling is also rather weak and Miocic can easily take him down.

I am happy that so many people believe in Fabio, but it's not gonna happen. He's barely a mid tier LHW and he's facing a top 10, arguably top 5, heavyweight who's not only some 30 pounds heavier, but faster and all around better.

I think Fabio is so crazy and ballsy that he loves brawling and if he gets his ass kicked in the process, it's still fun for him. If it wasn't fun, he would move down to MW instead of taking a HW fight. I don't think he dies because even though Stipe is a HW, he still isn't as big of a hitter as Glover is, I remember watching that fight and fearing we really were going to see a death in the Octagon.

A post from another thread proves it how crazy Fabio is -

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2014/05/em-primeiro-encontro-com-miocic-maldonado-fica-pequeno-na-encarada.html: in portuguese.

"I promise a lot of blood and, either I win or I leave after fainting. My strategy is to look for a bloodbath, if 80% of the blood is mine, it's all good."

maldonado-x-miocic2.jpg

war F

Last edited:

I don't think you know what MMAth is.

Maldonado has much less power in his strikes. He's a volume puncher and mainly throws arm punches. He also doesn't use his reach, is slow and plodding. His grappling is also rather weak and Miocic can easily take him down.

I am happy that so many people believe in Fabio, but it's not gonna happen. He's barely a mid tier LHW and he's facing a top 10, arguably top 5, heavyweight who's not only some 30 pounds heavier, but faster and all around better.

GTFO with your silly ass facts.
Maldonado has toughness over Miocic, and that will make it a fight!

D:

I'm not bullish on Fabio's chances, just trying to be objective. He has a 22-0 record as a professional boxer, with 21 KOs. His boxing record is full of wins over inexperienced fighters and fighters with losing records, but he has a couple of legit wins and was never beaten.

Also not sure how valid it is to compare the divisions. Stipe has faced stiffer competition at HW and his win over Nelson was huge, but what does it mean to beat Gonzaga these days? How does getting KTFO by Struve compare to a 2nd round doctor stoppage against Glover? Stipe was a lot faster than Nelson and Gonzaga, but what about an opponent who may be 30 lbs lighter than Roy and 40 lbs lighter than Gonzaga?

If I had to put money on the fight, I'd pick Stipe, but I'm very interested to see how Fabio handles this on short notice with 2 months between fights. If nothing else, you have to respect the guy's heart and willingness to step up.

Nelson just spammed that haymaker there. I remember the fight, wasn't impressed by the big guy

I'm just excited to see Maldonado fight. Dude is a total baller. Stipe aint no slouch, either. I think we can get a good show out of this.

Miocic looked so good there, I was disappointed with his fight against Gonzaga. He came off a pretty long layoff though

Ah, awesome! 161 was the only PPV I haven't ordered in the last couple years, great to see a fight from it.

That was a friggen beating by Miocic!

Back