Miocic next opponent?

Schaub is on a 2 winning streak so i think he's an option while we can wait for results of hunt/bigfoot gonzaga/jordan and others

Barnett if you want Stipe to lose.
Schaub if you want Stipe to win. Schaub might pull it out though. I did not expect him to choke out Mitrione.

lol accomplished all that beating guys like Bobb Sapp (barely). When he came to the UFC, he could barely string together two wins in a row. his biggest accomplishment is developing a rivalry with Frank mir in which he had his arm broken and was KO'ed

How low has Sherdog come for such blatant fighter bashing becoming the norm?

Change that H in your user handle to a Z...

Looking forward to his next fight to see if he can build on the Nelson fight. He's tricky to judge though, KO'd by Struve but tools Nelson. Admitedly Nelson is the perfect opponent for any decent striker with good speed/movement. If Roy cant land the cheeseburger bomb he's pretty much useless now that he thinks he's a boxing Champion and ignores his grappling.

It's not fighter bashing to say he is not a good fighter in my opinion. We don't have to pretend every fighter is great. He is not a worthy opponent for Stipe

There's only gonna be more of that. I said it before and I say it again; MMA fans are the worst pieces of garbage that I've ever seen.

NOBODY wants to fight him. That's the real problem. He's one of the best guys in the division yet not many people know him. He will beat most of the division and, to be honest, I think the UFC knows it and doesn't want to push him onto the division too hard before developing hype which they are taking their sweet time doing. The guy is a very skilled, very dangerous fighter for anybody in the division

Big Nog is a shot fighter who was never any good to begin with.
2502762-6278897736-no-no.gif

lol accomplished all that beating guys like Bobb Sapp (barely). When he came to the UFC, he could barely string together two wins in a row. his biggest accomplishment is developing a rivalry with Frank mir in which he had his arm broken and was KO'ed

How about guys like Mirko, Ricco, Sergei, Barnett, Werdum, Sylvia, Herring, Coleman, Schilt, Henderson, Schaub, Randy...

I don't understand the UFC's logic in having a healthy fighter in their prime sitting on the shelf, after that fighter is coming off a top ten win, in a division that needs more contenders to be established. The only thing I can think of is that they're saving him in case of an injury. That is fine, but he still should of had a fight scheduled by now, even if it is a bit of a step down. I wonder if the UFC knows something about another HW having trouble getting ready for their fight or potentially having something going on that might keep them out, and they have Stipe as insurance. Otherwise, I have know clue what they are doing. Give him Schaub or Nog in January. I don't see what is so hard about that.

I personally think he needs another fight against a lower level fighter before he will be able to take on the very best. In many of his fights he has allowed his opponents to dictate the distance and pace of the fight and has struggled with making necessary adjustments early in the fight. He is super talented and rushing him against better competition could screw with his confidence and momentum. Hopefully, they put him against Daniel Omielanczuk or Nikita Krylov. One more training camp, one more fight experience in the cage, one more opportunity to fix his flaws and then send him in there against Browne, Palelei (is he beats Barry) or winner of Mir/Overeem.

Big Nog is a shot fighter who was never any good to begin with.

Give him Barnett. That's a real test

Nog has name value and has proven to be a good gatekeeper in the late stages of his career (beating guys like Schaub proving he wasn't ready, yet getting beaten by Cain who clearly was ready). Nog could be a great test for Stipe, and would force Stipe to make sure his BJJ is given proper attention.

It's not fighter bashing to say he is not a good fighter in my opinion. We don't have to pretend every fighter is great. He is not a worthy opponent for Stipe

Your opinion is dead wrong. Big Nog has been a Champion in RINGS, PRIDE and the UFC. Those are the facts, despite your blatant disrespect for his legacy. Big Nog may not be in contention for the UFC HW strap these days, but that takes nothing away from his all-time greatness. Fight "fans" like you are exactly what is wrong with modern MMA.

How about guys like Mirko, Ricco, Sergei, Barnett, Werdum, Sylvia, Herring, Coleman, Schilt, Henderson, Schaub, Randy...

They are all clearly no-good. Also, anyone they beat is no-good. No one in MMA is any good.

Guys can we get back on topic, good job to all pride fighters for the past accomplishments now lets move on to 2013. Actually 2014 in Stipe's case...

Back