Minotauro came to my restaurant!

Did you give him a senior discount?

Hes a super nice guy, and is a big guy..he was awesome back in the day, and still is as far as a person. That bob sapp match I will never forget. How he survived that slam is beyond me. Sapp was a scary guy. Thanx for sharing. ..did he tip well?

I really dislike bothering people, but for the first time I couldnt help it, so as I delivered their food, I told Minotauro I was a huge fan and used to stay up with my friends till 12pm to watch him fight in PRIDE. He shook my hand and we talked for a bit. The legend was a complete gentleman and even spoke some japanese to us.
He told me "Omedetou!" after his meal, which made me very proud. Later on, "Domo Arigato".
He posted a pic on his instagram which was nice.
He's bigger than I imagined. Taller and wider. Also super soft spoken. Very nice, discrete and polite.

Also:
He's working on a book about the history of Jiu Jitsu. He told us a bit about how it came to Brazil with the japanese imigration, which was over 100 years ago from this one great master in "Belém do Pará" and the gracies learned from him and so on. I'll definitelly read it.

I'm very glad and proud he had some good hours at my place. First time I get to cook for a personal idol.

OpkljyI.jpg
I ran in to him at the Juice bar back 2010 in Rio - when I went back for a month to train.

Very nice humble guy. Was my favourite fighter and that is why I bothered him otherwise I'd have left him alone but how many times would I have had the chance to talk to Minotauro?

hat covering hairline, so can't comment on OP thoroughly

Big Nog is the man!
I haven't been to Floripa in a couple years, TS, but if you give me the name of the restaurant I might show up next time I go. I love me some sushi.

Ok so judging by the asian lady Im assuming this is a Japanese restaurant. Meaning Nog is likely sitting on the floor here, while OP is standing. Nog is billed as 6'3" so he'd be approximately 3ft sitting cross legged here, ill give OP the benefit of the doubt and assume Nog is on his knees (putting him at about 4ft). OP looks to be about 6inches or so taller in background here, but he is crouching slightly, so ill be generous and say about 8inches if he were upright. Leaving OP standing at approximately 4'8".

Great analysis. Also, the sign on the window says, "Fechado" (meaning "closed" in Portuguese), so this is probably a Japanese restaurant in Brazil.

I really dislike bothering people, but for the first time I couldnt help it, so as I delivered their food, I told Minotauro I was a huge fan and used to stay up with my friends till 12pm to watch him fight in PRIDE. He shook my hand and we talked for a bit. The legend was a complete gentleman and even spoke some japanese to us.
He told me "Omedetou!" after his meal, which made me very proud. Later on, "Domo Arigato".
He's bigger than I imagined. Taller and wider. Also super soft spoken. Very nice, discrete and polite.

Also:
He's working on a book about the history of Jiu Jitsu. He told us a bit about how it came to Brazil with the japanese imigration, which was over 100 years ago from this one great master in "Belém do Pará" and the gracies learned from him and so on. I'll definitelly read it.

I'm very glad and proud he had some good hours at my place. First time I get to cook for a personal idol.

OpkljyI.jpg
How come you’re white

Im a sushi shokunin, lifelong chef.
First and best poke restaurant in Brazil.
Also best sashimi in town. Our ramen is not too shabby either with artisanal noodles and the broth itself takes over 12h of prep.
Im proud of everything we serve. Regarding the food, no cost cutting whatsoever, everything is as good as possible.
Thats awesome mate! Where in Brazil are you? I have been all over the coast plus the Amazon. Would def come check it out when I'm over that way next.

Also:

OpkljyI.jpg

That's awesome!

Congrats!

Fuck yeah. Chefs FTW.

I'd forget there were even other customers were there in Nog walked into a place I was serving... "oh, your steak? I gave it to Nog... Oh you ordered champagne too? Yeah, Nog's drinking it - go ask him for it back... I gave him your apple pie too, so dont even ask..."

Who the fuck is not a massive fan of Big Nog? Probably one of the most universally loved fighters in MMA history.

Awesome story TS, thanks for sharing.

That’s a great story.

But what’s your take on tipping? Should customers do it?
I do tip because waiters don't make anything without tips and the system is not their fault. But it's kind of ridiculous that when you go to a restaurant you have to pay for the food and then pay their staff.

Big Nog in his pride days just seemed indestructible, he was in Australia with Meisha and Pearson and someone asked him about the carrot and the bus, he actually took it really well. I think there is a video.

Back