Minotauro "Big Nog" wants rematch with Cro Cop as one of his final fights

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Source: UOL

As soon as UFC announced that Cro Cop was back, Minotauro Nogueira said he wanted to be his first fight, but that didn't happen. He talks about fighting Struve and then Cro Cop in Brazil as his last fights before retiring from MMA.

"There was that talk about me fighting Stefan Struve, yeah. And now there's Cro Cop. It would be a very interesting fight for me. He's a guy that doesn't have the best results, historically, but he is a legend and a rematch from Pride would be very interesting"

Minotauro said he just recently rewatched his fight with Mirko for the belt in 2003.
"That's one of the fights I think is the most relevant in my carrer. It was at Tokyo Dome, for 67k people, for the belt, and there was also [a big brazilian TV company] covering it. It was the first time MMA got covered like that on open television and that's when a lot of people got to know our job"

Nog_CroCop_display_image.jpg

MAKE IT HAPPEN, DANA!!!

I don't wanna see that fight again, mostly cos I don't wanna see Big Nog keep fighting like this :( Cro Cop probably KO's him

Awesome. Finally get to see Cro Cop KO Nog like he should have and probably would have had they fought again.

Nog vs Crocop might be in my top 5 favorites ever... but right now they should be fighting over who gets to use the shuffle board court.

Fight make sense at this point. They're both spent. Might as well collect a nice check.

i feel sad now every time nogeuira gets in the ring. the guy's an all time legend and seeing him getting thumped pillar to post is not a nice experience... and i believe cro cop could do that.... however the guy is going to continue to fight and if he is, this is a fight that is relevant and interesting to both parties and the fans, and would make a great fight for the ufc on a card in japan

Would have preferred this fight instead of the Gonzaga rematch.

Now this is a fight that makes sense, both towards the end of his career, both are shadows of his former selfs. Right now i'll give the nod to CC, Nog's grappling and wrestling are non existent in the present and even without his clasical speed advantage, CC could ko him.

Mirko is not back for Big Nog but for Verdum and Cain

What a sad fight that'd be. Crocop tentatively circling, Zombie Nog lumbering forward, and not much happens until a sudden finish.

That is one of the few winnable fights for Mirko in the UFC.

Make it happen after Gonzaga finishes CC.

Nog vs Loser - Gonzaga vs Nogueira would be intesting and he could fight CC after or he fights CC and hangs it up
I really wanted to see Nog vs Barnett again

Back