Economy Minimum-wage foes were wrong, forced to revise their understanding.

The bigger question, what does this do to people who make 25 bucks an hour now? Journeymen electricians, plumbers and the like. Do they get another 10 bucks/hour suddenly? Or are these skilled laborers evened up with fast food employees?

They should ask for a raise. If employer feels nah, I can get some ones else, then too bad.

A reasonable minimum wage increase should not put minimum wage workers on par with workers that are normally in higher pay grades.

Or now that many more customers are earning more money, the employer can charge more. Now if he wants to keep his current employees real bad, he will also increase the pay. Or maybe these employees can break off and start own business now that people have more disposable income and perhaps market for said services has expanded.

Last edited:
Why should I be compensated less for the same work based on geography? What if I travel to a city but live in a rural area? Is this based on zip code or just where I happen to work?

Why would someone work for me if they can make 3 more dollars an hour just over the town line?
It will probably be based on where you work, not where you live.
All of this can be taken into account to reach a suitable number. Of course if you can travel in 1 hour and make a shitload more money people will have trouble hiring, but if it's in a more remote location it could be fair, as a remote location has less money and business owners may not have as much money to pay there but living costs are also lower.
Also depends on the economic situation, sometimes there are just so many jobs and all the fast food restaurants at the rich place are already full.
Experience also shows that people take things like proximity to home in consideration when looking for a job. So people don't just all move to the big city to work, you can also see this in the EU. Yes, a lot of people commute between countries to make more money but most remain.

A franchise isn't a small business. A franchisee is using their own money to be the caretaker of a behemoth's business model and work practises, with zero room for any kind of creativity and flexibility, literally every aspect of critical thinking is being outsourced to corporate. A small business can adapt to a local market, change strategies, introduce changes and do whatever the fuck it wants. A franchise is a bitch to an inflexible corporate structure, it's set up to fail when changes occur that the rigid guidelines didn't account for. Lol @ franchisees calling themselves business owners, they're too dumb or scared to open their own business.
Fair enough. From my understanding, how you described a franchisee's position is spot on. It was my mistake for applying his position to legit small businesses. I humbly accept your perspective and hopefully am now more educated on the topic.

Do you even know what you're typing any more? It's not fair to me to keep lowering your intellect when I try to come down to your level.

What I don't understand is why you're stinking up your own thread with a subject that's gotten pretty sensitive around here.

What I don't understand is why you're stinking up your own thread with a subject that's gotten pretty sensitive around here.

I haven't been reading much on Sherdog for the past many months. I know Homer got banned for reporting people to Crave who called him a pedophile. Is that what you're referring to?

In answer to your question, it was the first stupid alt-right talking point I could think of that was on the level of "poor people spend all their money on weed, video games and junk food".

I haven't been reading much on Sherdog for the past many months. I know Homer got banned for reporting people to Crave who called him a pedophile. Is that what you're referring to?

In answer to your question, it was the first stupid alt-right talking point I could think of that was on the level of "poor people spend all their money on weed, video games and junk food".

I get you. But it's an otherwise worthwhile thread so I figured I'd try to encourage you not to derail your own good work. :)

I think the argument was more about Fortune 500 companies playing the lame duck role and not wanting to up their pay.

Not mom and pop shops and shit.

Yall really sat up here and tried to say the people that have to tolerate yalls undersexed and overstressed wives on a daily deserve less than 11 an hour...

Fuck outta here.

Thats not really accurate. I called him a pedophile and that was after baiting me to do so. He complained to mods so I did so in turn. He got dubs and I didn't. Then he went on a reporting spree and mods got tired of it.

Good riddance. Never saw a poster get so many second chances as that retard.

They should ask for a raise. If employer feels nah, I can get some ones else, then too bad.

A reasonable minimum wage increase should not put minimum wage workers on par with workers that are normally in higher pay grades.

Or now that many more customers are earning more money, the employer can charge more. Now if he wants to keep his current employees real bad, he will also increase the pay. Or maybe these employees can break off and start own business now that people have more disposable income and perhaps market for said services has expanded.
"They should ask for a raise."

<{MingNope}>

You people are so out of touch with the working class that it blows my mind.

Why is anyone going to go to technical school and learn a trade to make burger flipping money?

"They should ask for a raise."

<{MingNope}>

You people are so out of touch with the working class that it blows my mind.

Why is anyone going to go to technical school and learn a trade to make burger flipping money?

There are already plenty of who pay more for college and end up flipping burgers or something for less money. Whatever schooling you decide to pay for is a risk you take yourself. How much money you make is not set in stone unless it is the minimum of course. We dont set pay grades per job, we only set the minimum for any job.

I dont know why people bring up other people's salaries when talking about minimum wage. Its as if you people think its relevant to what the minimum should be. The minimum is the floor. An electrician, doctor, a banker cannot be paid less is what a minimum means . If they think they deserve more, well, its entirely up to them to try and get it however they can.

Actually people should be grateful there is minimum. Because in case you lose your current job you can now go find a minimum wage job, and you know just how high the pay is. Instead people try and find the negative when they should be looking at the positives. The guys making $30/hr now only making $15/hr more than the guy now making $15/hr is not as bad for the economy as people think. It only bruises people's egos.

Plus I dont think you need to go to school for trade. You can just work underneath someone, and then take the tests, and get licensed. But who cares? That has nothing to do with minimum wage should be.

Last edited:
I think the argument was more about Fortune 500 companies playing the lame duck role and not wanting to up their pay.

Not mom and pop shops and shit.

Yall really sat up here and tried to say the people that have to tolerate yalls undersexed and overstressed wives on a daily deserve less than 11 an hour...

Fuck outta here.
I wish for once you would talk properly with normal English instead of that ghetto accent you intentionally adopt. We get it your black, no need to stereotype yourself.

I wish for once you would talk properly with normal English instead of that ghetto accent you intentionally adopt. We get it your black, no need to stereotype yourself.

"Yall" is regional not racial.

You want me to type/talk in a specific manner?

Then pay my internet bill.

Or you can hug yourself around the shoulders and do a backflip onto your face.

I would like to be The Mooch of your administration. Except, you know, with job security.

You gotta earn your way in by pitching a great sticky-thread idea. Personally, I like a prime, motivated Dredd's chances.

You gotta earn your way in by pitching a great sticky-thread idea. Personally, I like a prime, motivated Dredd's chances.

Sure thing, boss. I'm not one a these cock suckers who just sits around sucking their own cock. I'ma get back to you with an idea that's going to blow your ass.

Back