Minimalist training (Jeff Nippard)

Phlog

Sgt Sprinkles
@Gold
Reaction score
This article has been blowing up un surprisingly and it's peaked my interest because I've been struggling to get anything more than a couple of sessions in a week.

I'm a big fan of Jeff nippard, I think his science-based approach to lifting is legit.

Quoting the barbend article.

"Just one heavy set, done one to three times per week, will be enough to induce significant strength gains for most people,” says Nippard, referring to a 2017 meta-analysis that showed 81 percent of participants were able to increase their strength with just one to four heavy sets per week. (1)

“So, if you wanted to increase your squat max, as time efficiently as possible, you could do something like this: squat two days per week, and on each day, you just do one heavy working set for one to three reps.”

Last edited:
This article has been blowing up on surprisingly and it's peaked by interest because I've been struggling to get anything more than a couple of sessions in a week.

I'm a big fan of Jeff nippard, I think his science-based approach to lifting is legit.

Quoting the barbend article.

"Just one heavy set, done one to three times per week, will be enough to induce significant strength gains for most people,” says Nippard, referring to a 2017 meta-analysis that showed 81 percent of participants were able to increase their strength with just one to four heavy sets per week. (1)

“So, if you wanted to increase your squat max, as time efficiently as possible, you could do something like this: squat two days per week, and on each day, you just do one heavy working set for one to three reps.”

yes he is correct about this. I enjoy his takes to.

I mean, there's nothing revolutionary about any of this. There are programs and training methodologies built around this that have been around for literally decades.

And who were the participants in the quoted study? Training age and background? That's hugely significant in this case.

I mean, there's nothing revolutionary about any of this. There are programs and training methodologies built around this that have been around for literally decades.

And who were the participants in the quoted study? Training age and background? That's hugely significant in this case.

What difference does it make if it is "revolutionary" or that its been around for decades?

I'm a huge fan of minimalist training, though I don't know anything about Jeff Nippard.

There's a bizarre mindset that everything needs to be "optimal" and a lot of good programming is being ignored these days by idiots with a severe FOMO complex. No, get your gains any way possible because it's a long-term process and life is going to throw obstacles at you. Worry about "optimal" when you're a beast.

Back