Mind blowing thought: why not practice proper defense against illegal techniques?

J

Jpenwell14

Instead of just whining about them or being ignorant to the high incidental rate of such techniques and the effect they have on the fights.

Hello? Don't leave the back of your head open to get punched. Etc etc etc

Thoughts?

Edit: i forgot people on here are dumber than a box of rocks. Same kind of people that think you should be able to walk down a dark alley with money falling out of your pockets and not get mugged.

These people don't understand some basic concepts. Personal responsibility and reasonable preventive measures. And the fact that turning with the back of your head facing your opponent should not be a viable defense just because its illegal in a sport to be hit from that position.

Idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid. Illegal techniques are illegal for a reason.

How can you defend against a guy isolating your fingers and breaking them?

Goggles vs Jones.
Putin knows.

1jegmx.jpg

That's moronic, you only have so much time to train, why train to defend against things that are not supposed to happen? Soccer players don't train to catch the ball with their hands unless they are a goalie cause it's illegal for them to do so which would make it a waste of time.

Please change your name to JShitPoster14.

Thanks.

Yeah, leave areas which aren't illegal to strike open so you can protect the ones which are illegal to strike, good idea.

Completely aggree. I'm sick and tired of fighters complaining, i.e., by getting kicked in the balls. Well, if it's such a huge problem to you - get your balls removed. Do you even wanna be a fucking fighter?

Instead of just whining about them or being ignorant to the high incidental rate of such techniques and the effect they have on the fights.

Hello? Don't leave the back of your head open to get punched. Etc etc etc

Thoughts?

I agree and kevlar vests should also be worn in case of knife attacks ufc is as real as it gets

But, how do you defend against accidentals?

Illegal moves are not something you should prepare for.

It's the refs job.

Completely aggree. I'm sick and tired of fighters complaining, i.e., by getting kicked in the balls. Well, if it's such a huge problem to you - get your balls removed. Do you even wanna be a fucking fighter?
<{jackyeah}>{<Mcgoat}
Kinda why I'm getting into bare knuckle lately!

"I can't let you get close." The Gangster from West Linn

Grab his fingers and break them back

It's not hard, doofus

Easier said than done. Stuff like fence and shorts grabbing are things you can't really do too much about without opening yourself up. You can train to avoid shots to the back of the head but if your opponents keeps forcing your head into that position than you're still going to eat shots. Eye pokes are sneaky and can be thrown from a punch.

Just because you train a defense does not mean that the defense will work it just means that it MAY work sometimes. There is still a margin of error where serious injury can occur.

Besides many illegal blows would just lead to boring stops to fights.

Back