Minakov vs.Maciejewski.Fight video.Fight Nights Sochi.

KAREL

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Vitaly Minakov vs. Adam Maciejewski.MAIN EVENT .Fight Nights Sochi.
[YT]pI16Te0zggc[/YT]​

Last edited:
Rasul Mirzaev(11-0-0) vs.Ronni Gomes. Fight Nights Sochi.
[YT]IzWMwUOu7A4[/YT]​

Sergey Pavlovich vs.Vladimir Daineko.Fight Nights Sochi.
[YT]fJiNaQU1fMo[/YT]​

Thanks for posting it.

Thanks, Minakov made it look easy.

Not a fan of stoppages where the guy is clearly intelligently covering up and defending...

But either way Minakov is a beast would love to see him in Bellator by the end of the year!

No reason this fight should have taken place but now that he got fighitng in Russia again out of his system its time to come back and defend your title in Bellator.

I saw the video was like ten minutes long... I left dissapointed.

Minakov is such a beast. Glad to see him fight but he should be fighting better competition.

Last I heard he didn't want to come back to Bellator. Any news on that front?

Last I heard he didn't want to come back to Bellator. Any news on that front?

Well for one he IS now an official politician in Russia which is pretty much his full time job. His teammate and former UFC title challenger Ali Baguatinov is also now involved in politics in Russia.

So he has something to keep him busy.

I don't know what his future is 100% but the rumors in Russia are that he only wants "1 or 2" more fights.

Idk if the fight that happened today counts for that, but I think the writing is on the fall that Minakov's future in the sport will be short.

I think a fight for the title against Bobby Lashley in Bellator would do big numbers and something that he would strongly consider.

Unfortunately, I am sure that he is still on his original low-ball Bjorn deal so I'm not sure he would do it and leave his political work in Russia unless Coker would offer him a substantial bonus.

Just my 2 cents

As I understand it, he's not really a "full-time politician", but rather has a regional councillor type position.

Clearly a BS stoppge, which sucks. Fan of Minakov; wanted to see him finish it legitimately.

Shame Rasul Mirzaev probably ain't getting signed by the UFC due to being convicted of manslaughter.

Here is interview with Minakov's manager (in Russian) : http://www.valetudo.ru/mma/news/784...-iz-etih-talantov-do-sih-por-pasli-by-baranov
He said that maybe Minakov will fight at Fight Nights event in September. Also he said that he thinks another fight with Kongo or Volkov "doesn't make sense" for Minakov. So at the moment they are just waiting for an offer from Coker.

Thanks for the info.

Minakov is something of a mystery to me. Dude, who is quite talented, wins a belt and then more or less disappears for awhile before popping back up in... a Russian org.

Well Kongo is the most deserving guy in the division! I mean maybe have Johnson v Kongo for a shot at Minakov? Or have Mo, Newton, Davis, or McGeary bulk up? If Fedor goes to Bellator have him fight for it (though that could be dangerous as Fedor should be starting around Volkov).

Back