Minakov is great prospect, must sign with the ufc, asap

He’s not a prospect, he looks to be declining. Should’ve come to the UFC 3-5 years ago.

He doesn't look done, just a bit unmotivated.He was winning the whole fight before he snapped the finger.
I’m not sure he was winning this. Besides the 1st round, he was getting outstrucked. But the fight was in Russia, so yeah, he would have won the decision.

"The UFC should sign this ex-Bellator HW champion and 36 year old prospect..."

Ben Askren - a few months shy of 35 years old. Been competing for 10 years already. Hadn't competed in nearly 2 years.

Eddie Alvarez - 30 years old, already competed for over 10 years and been in several wars. UFC shills loved it when Cerrone beat him down. Still became UFC champion anyways.

Michael Chandler - 35 years old. Competed over 10 years already. Been in several wars and KOd a handful of times already.

Askren didnt come from Bellator and the other 2 were put into title fights quickly.

Whats the problem?

Do Volkov and Black Beast count?

Based on his last performance I hope he doesn't go anywhere near the UFC as I don't want performances like that to be how people remember someone who was a genuinely great HW in his prime.

Exactly. That's how they did Will Brooks.
They gave Will Brooks Alex Oliveira who come in 7 pounds overweight

They will bring in Minakov in two years after he runs out his contract when he is 38 and even worse.

Then people will foam at the mouth how the Bellator champs are losing to low ranked UFC fighters. Don't be surprised if they bring in Lima if he strings together some wins to end his contract

They will bring in Minakov in two years after he runs out his contract when he is 38 and even worse.

Then people will foam at the mouth how the Bellator champs are losing to low ranked UFC fighters. Don't be surprised if they bring in Lima if he strings together some wins to end his contract

tbh as much as people say this the only clear cut example I can think of them trying to make a Bellator champ look bad was Lyman Good on TUF. Other than that I don't think they tried to make Chandler, Volkov, Soto, Lombard, Askren, Brooks, Alvarez or Makovsky look bad really.

He was a GREAT prospect half a decade ago.

That has long passed sadly.

Reactions: MT7
Ben Askren - a few months shy of 35 years old. Been competing for 10 years already. Hadn't competed in nearly 2 years.

Eddie Alvarez - 30 years old, already competed for over 10 years and been in several wars. UFC shills loved it when Cerrone beat him down. Still became UFC champion anyways.

Michael Chandler - 35 years old. Competed over 10 years already. Been in several wars and KOd a handful of times already.

Nah, those were all good signings and none of those guys were over the hill, the UFC signed em at the right time. And they signed em to give them opportunities, not to make em look bad. No one signs fighters to big contracts and multi fight deals and want the to lose lol. This what you call signing an established top fighter free agent signing. Nothing different than when signed Overeem, Mousasi, Volkov, Melendez, Gomi, etc.

This a big part of the sport, signing top fighters from other organizations. You're talking about something different. The UFC doesn't really sign those type of fighters you're referring to. The smaller organizations tend to do that.

Nah, those were all good signings and none of those guys were over the hill, the UFC signed em at the right time. And they signed em to give them opportunities, not to make em look bad. No one signs fighters to big contracts and multi fight deals and want the to lose lol. This what you call signing an established top fighter free agent signing. Nothing different than when signed Overeem, Mousasi, Volkov, Melendez, Gomi, etc.

This a big part of the sport, signing top fighters from other organizations. You're talking about something different. The UFC doesn't really sign those type of fighters you're referring to. The smaller organizations tend to do that.

The idea that they signed Chandler to make him look bad is laughable tbh. I don't remember the last time they rolled out the red carpet for someone like they did for him. He was instantly treated like a superstar.

The idea that they signed Chandler to make him look bad is laughable tbh. I don't remember the last time they rolled out the red carpet for someone like they did for him. He was instantly treated like a superstar.

Yah exactly, he beat Hooker and got a title shot. And now he's back in a possible #1 contender fight. They've invested big $$$ into him and wanna make sure they get their monies worth.

They didn't know Oliveira was going to come in so heavy, and regardless of who he is, the UFC doesn't discriminate on pressuring fighters to take CW fights if needed.

They also gave him some softballs like Pearson and Lentz, hell even Charles could be called that during that period. As a fan of Brooks, and someone who thought he could at least be a top 10 guy, his falling apart shouldn't be blamed on the UFC.

Yah exactly, he beat Hooker and got a title shot. And now he's back in a possible #1 contender fight. They've invested big $$$ into him and wanna make sure they get their monies worth.

Yep, plus he got interviews during ppvs months before he debuted, he got to be the the face of black history month, he got a spot at the desk. Just everything, anyone who watched the embeddeds leading up to the Oliveira fight could tell who the UFC really wanted to win that fight.

Forgot to add he also debuted as a co main on a Conor Mcgregor card.

Reactions: JKS
I thought the issue wasn't that he couldn't get one but that his old manager has a judgement against him in America that garnishes his earnings on US soil. Correct me if I'm wrong and you have more info.
Minakov said that everything is settled regarding that. His old manager is the manager of Shlemenko and Koreshkov and was there during all this Bellator media stuff in Russia. They even shook hands in video (I think it was interview with Minakov).
Minakov not getting American visa is a separate issue.

minakov vs juan espino 2, make it happen dana

Based on his last performance I hope he doesn't go anywhere near the UFC as I don't want performances like that to be how people remember someone who was a genuinely great HW in his prime.

He was a GREAT prospect half a decade ago.

That has long passed sadly.

Jan, champ at 38, Tesheira at 42. Its not too late, for a HW

Back