Crime Millennial Couple Bikes Through Tajikistan Posts ‘Humans Are Kind’...They Were Killed

GetTheseHands

2 For 1 Deal
Banned
Reaction score

"Evil is a make-believe concept we've invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans."

An idealistic young American couple was killed in an Islamic State-claimed terrorist attack last month while on a cycling trip around the world.

Jay Austin and Lauren Geoghegan, who were both in their late 20s, last year quit their office jobs in Washington, DC, to embark on the journey. Austin, a vegan who worked for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and Geoghegan, a vegetarian who worked in the Georgetown University admissions office, decided that they're were wasting their lives working.

The two Americans killed in an ISIS-claimed attack in Tajikistan over the weekend were a couple from Washington D.C. who left their lives in the nation's capital to see the world together by bicycle. According to Lauren Geoghegan's parents, the year-long cycle adventure was typical of their daughter's "openness to new people and places, and her quest for a better understanding of the world."

Robert and Elvira Geoghegan confirmed in a statement sent to CBS News that Lauren and her boyfriend Jay Austin, both 29 years old, were killed in the attack on Sunday as they rode through Tajikistan with a group of other foreign cyclists. A car rammed into the group and then five men got out and attacked the tourists with knives. A Dutch and Swiss national were killed along with Geoghegan and Austin.

Tajik authorities blamed a domestic Islamic separatist group, but ISIS followed an initial claim of responsibility in print with a video showing the five purported attackers pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

https://www.pluralist.com/posts/182...umans-are-kind-and-gets-killed/partners/44433

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washin...-tajikistan-isis-lauren-geoghegan-jay-austin/

Left their sweet comfort bubble of existence and got a lethal dose of reality.

I feel bad for their family but...

tumblr_n0bgymeeCA1r5ynioo1_250.gif

THE FUCK YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN IN ONE OF THE SHITTIEST PARTS OF THE WORLD?!

Well that’s what happens when you have no experience with places like that yet think you know everything about people.

"Evil is a make-believe concept we've invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans."

An idealistic young American couple was killed in an Islamic State-claimed terrorist attack last month while on a cycling trip around the world.

Jay Austin and Lauren Geoghegan, who were both in their late 20s, last year quit their office jobs in Washington, DC, to embark on the journey. Austin, a vegan who worked for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and Geoghegan, a vegetarian who worked in the Georgetown University admissions office, decided that they're were wasting their lives working.

The two Americans killed in an ISIS-claimed attack in Tajikistan over the weekend were a couple from Washington D.C. who left their lives in the nation's capital to see the world together by bicycle. According to Lauren Geoghegan's parents, the year-long cycle adventure was typical of their daughter's "openness to new people and places, and her quest for a better understanding of the world."

Robert and Elvira Geoghegan confirmed in a statement sent to CBS News that Lauren and her boyfriend Jay Austin, both 29 years old, were killed in the attack on Sunday as they rode through Tajikistan with a group of other foreign cyclists. A car rammed into the group and then five men got out and attacked the tourists with knives. A Dutch and Swiss national were killed along with Geoghegan and Austin.

Tajik authorities blamed a domestic Islamic separatist group, but ISIS followed an initial claim of responsibility in print with a video showing the five purported attackers pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

https://www.pluralist.com/posts/182...umans-are-kind-and-gets-killed/partners/44433

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washin...-tajikistan-isis-lauren-geoghegan-jay-austin/

I have to admire the commitment they demonstrated to their ideals. Would be nice if all American virtue signalers were more like them

RIP to her. Her blood is on his hands.

I wonder if right before they died they had a gestalt shift.

Of course their will be humor found in their naivety but this is extremely sad. They got run over and then stabbed to death. To see your loved one go like that or even hear about it is a nightmare.

I hope they rape those guys to death.

Jesus Christ.

Why were they ambushed and killed?

No intentions of robbery or rape?

Animals sometimes murder pointlessly and when they’re not hungry just because they see prey. I guess humans are often the same.

First Jay was like Yay
but then
he was like this is my last day!

But hey, cultural ignorance and naivety can be costly!

That was extremely sad to read. I just can’t help but feel the whole thing could of been avoided with some simple common sense

CF is just itching to bury this

THE FUCK YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN IN ONE OF THE SHITTIEST PARTS OF THE WORLD?!
Here is his quote. Sounds like he listened to way too many progressive lectures. Like he set out to prove that all this diversity is a good thing. Progressives need to realize that you just don't ride your bike through Islam territory. It's not like a joyride down through some country road. And it killed him and his friends.

“You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place," Austin wrote. “People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil."
“I don’t buy it," he continued. "Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own... By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

What'd they expect? Entering part of a war torn country and expecting a warm welcome? Da fuck.

That was extremely sad to read. I just can’t help but feel the whole thing could of been avoided with some simple common sense
I agree.

But there is no common sense with the progressive message that's being pushed by the Left.

And some on the left want to bring 3rd world Islam over here.

Here is his quote. Sounds like he listened to way too many progressive lectures. Like he set out to prove that all this diversity is a good thing. Progressives need to realize that you just don't ride your bike through Islam territory. It's not like a joyride down through some country road. And it killed him and his friends.

“You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place," Austin wrote. “People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil."
“I don’t buy it," he continued. "Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own... By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”
There's still better "lighter" in terms of strife places to try something like this first though.

Like, Eastern former Soviet Block countries first... Greece... parts of the more civilized/modernised areas in Africa.

But fucking Tajikistan? That's like going "I'm going to go to Chechnya to prove that being a homosexual is OK!"

Back