milk?

Woob said:
Enough. In theory aldults shouldn't drink milk. We are the only species on the plant that drinks milk past infancy. And certainly the only species that drinks other species milk.

I have a cat that's about 14 years old. She loves drinking milk.

About half a gallon a day of choco milk.

TRYHARD 2001 said:
Bingo. Everything we humans do, besides fucking and surviving, can be construed as unnatural, but it's also what makes life so amusing. The reason no other animal drinks breast milk all of their lives is because it's not practical to expect a 2,000 pound steer to get by solely on the milk of its 2,000 pound mother. The mom would be sucked dry in short order and "baby" would be left without a food source.

Because we are so superior to animals on an intellectual level, we've been successful in essentially removing ourselves from many so-called laws of nature. Thus we are able to drink many other species' breast milk, which contains a lot of viatmins, nutrients, and minerals, as well as a lot of sugar, hormones, and antibiotics, and enjoy our place at the top of the foo chain. Ya gotta love it.

BTW, I'm gonna need a link from you guys who say that if you stop drinking milk you become lactose intolerant. Never heard that one before.

Well if you wre reading supersudo is a source right there...

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/lactoseintolerance.htm

Steve Dougson said:
I have a cat that's about 14 years old. She loves drinking milk.

thats cos you keep feeding it milk. I used to feed my cat milk. then i stopped but when i went back to milk, he got the shits bad.

Woob said:
Well if you wre reading supersudo is a source right there...

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/lactoseintolerance.htm

That article doesn't say that stopping drinking milk and other dairy products will make you lactose intolerant at all. It just says that lactose intolerance is more of a genetic condition, common in most non-Northern Europeans and North Americans. Stopping eating dairy products for a spell, then ingesting them again and observing the results is just a method to detremine if you are lactose intolerant. If you weren't lactose intolerant before, you won't be after stopping eating dairy, and vice versa.

The whole anti-dairy thing was a smear campaign started by the vegetarians, anway.

I was a vegetarian for four years. I'm sympathetic to many of their causes. But PETA goes overboard so frequently and ludicrously, it's hard not to get upset. I don't think they realize they're setting us all back in the animal rights movement.

I drink a ton of milk all the time close to 2 gallons a week. Milk is Pwnage.

Noskill said:
When will people learn that what makes humans different from other animals is the fact that they go beyond whatever is 'natural' for them to do? That's called civilization man. It's not natural to cook meat, to farm vegetables, to eat bread, to fly airplanes, to try people who commit crimes, to have hospitals etc...

We do not limit ourselves to what is natural, and guess what, we damn well should not.

yep.

TRYHARD 2001 said:
That article doesn't say that stopping drinking milk and other dairy products will make you lactose intolerant at all. It just says that lactose intolerance is more of a genetic condition, common in most non-Northern Europeans and North Americans. Stopping eating dairy products for a spell, then ingesting them again and observing the results is just a method to detremine if you are lactose intolerant. If you weren't lactose intolerant before, you won't be after stopping eating dairy, and vice versa.

when i was in jr high.. i went thru 2 gallons of milk in less than a week.. milk was ALL that i drank at that time..

sometime during high skool, my mom kinda stopped buying as much milk and i believe my senior yr i went the whole yr without drinking milk... once in college.. i decided to consume a half gallon of milk with 6 bowls of cereal one day cuz i had nothing else to eat.. and let's just say i was bed-ridden.. err--toilet-ridden for 2 days bcuz of it.. not to mention i was farting every 5-10 min. the 3rd day i had to go to skool, and i missed like half my classes... i always had to be within 20 ft of a toilet or else an accident might happen! :icon_cry2

that was when i realized i became lactose-intolerant.. :wink:

o yeh, and i remember my professor in one of my nutrition classes saying that as we grow older, we gradually stop producing enzymes including the one that breaks down milk.. also that asians are more prone to lactose-intolerance bcuz cows were only introduced to asia like the past few hundreds of yrs ago, and they don't have a history of drinking it..

asians that drank milk, drank goat milk, and goat milk is much more easily digestable than cow milk :D

Well, sudo, I think that provides you with a reason not to drink milk.

Me, however, who has no negative symptoms whatsoever from milk consumption, what reason do I have to not drink it?
That's a rhetorical question guys, feel free NOT to answer. :icon_chee

I was raised on a dairy farm. I drank RAW whole milk for more than 10 years. I'm a stout bastard too. :icon_chee

Woob, what determines what is natural for your cat? The fact that it would drink milk if you gave it some, or the fact that it gives it the shits?

I went through a long phase (about 8 years) without drinking milk, but I did continue to have other dairy products like cheese.

A couple years ago I rediscovered cold cereal for breakfast, and now I eat that 4-5 times a week, and also 4-5 times a week as a between meal snack. I probably put about 6-8 oz of milk in each bowl, so I put away more than a half gallon a week. Its probably closer to a full gallon, as I add milk to my coffee and tea too. (I still don't drink glasses of milk that often though.)

Anyway, I never noticed the slightest problem digesting milk, even after being away from consumption for a long period.

If you like milk, and are intolerant, you can buy the enzymes (lactaid I think), just put that in and you are all set.

i used to drink atleast 1/2 a gallon of whole milk a day when i was bulking, now i only drink a little no fat milk on my cereal in the morining, im thinking of cutting it out completely next year.

A year ago, I used to drink nothing but milk. I would go through about 5 gallons a week, easily.

Back