Military's Special Forces in MMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because...

MMAs too easy for them
Colton-Smith.jpeg

They train with weapons and not so much hand to hand combat. There was an Israeli special forces guy who got destroyed by Mark Kerr before
That’s only because the rules restrict the full power abilities of real Krav Maga.... obviously.

They train to remove your liver with a water bottle, not roll around trying not to get T-bagged. Plus if they're in their prime, they're probably infiltrating while you sleep.
Yeah, not to mention the training is to use every advantage of weaponry and stealth at their disposal to get something done as quickly and quietly as possile. To deal with extreme adversity, physically mentally, etc. if things go wrong and improvise along the way. To the TS Spec Ops doesn't make them badass fighters, just badass soldiers.

Good call. It’s safe to say only service members know the difference between the tab and the scroll. Like the females that went through ranger school. They got a tab and went back to their units. They aren’t Rangers.
Yep difference between actually being part of the 75th Ranger Regiment (SOCOM) and graduating the hardest non spec ops school the army has to offer.

They care more about conditioning and ranger panties than they do techniques, ask Tim Kennedy.

Time allotted on hand to hand is minimal, less than 10%. It can replace some other metabolic conditioning and yes there are combative courses, but in the most part military guys who excel at it spend a lot of their own time doing it. Tim Kennedy was a pro before he enlisted or at least had more than a few amateur fights under his belt. Having a strong skill set he was afforded lots of time to focus on it, in order to train others as a subject matter expert.

According to the Jack Reacher novels, Military Police are trained in hand-to-hand combat to beat the shit out of Special Forces guys and subdue them, Green Berets and SEALS included.

Mitch Aguiar is a former SEAL who is trying to get into the UFC. He hasn't fought lately but is moving to Blackhouse in CA and plans on fighting 2 or 3 times this year. He lost his last fight but was undefeated before that.

They are still human. There's a huge difference in fighting another trained fighter and going hand to hand with some guy with little or no training. Take any GOAT fighter and they have losses. They are not superhuman, just regular people who have no quit in them.

I've always wondered why we don't see that many guys in MMA that have elite military training. By elite I mean Special Forces (Seals, Green Berets, Para rescue, Rangers, etc..). These guys have some of the most intense, vigorous, and in depth combat training in the world. You would think that after getting out of the military they would put that to use in the real world and work on becoming MMA fighters. I mean nothing they do or see in the cage can compare to what is going on in the Middle East. Obviously there have been a couple, Brian Stann and Tim Kennedy are the two big ones. I've just always thought those Special Forces guys were the pinnacle of badassery. You would just think there would have been more of those guys transitioning into MMA and making a little bit of cash with their training. What do you guys think?
i mean, they're not spending the bulk of their time on the mat....or even training to fight.

Yeah. They could use their secret technique to win with one move

By elite I mean Special Forces (Seals, Green Berets, Para rescue, Rangers, etc..). These guys have some of the most intense, vigorous, and in depth combat training in the world
I don't believe that much focus is put on hand to hand combat training in any military. There are so many skills those guys need to practice, they couldn't possibly put too much time into hand to hand combat when hand to hand is one the most unlikely skills they will use in a combat situation. Obviously they will be training some brutal techniques that are too dangerous to use in MMA anyway so some of the stuff they learn wouldn't have any use as an MMA fighter. I don't think being in special forces is as much of an advantage as people think but there are definitely some important attributes that could be beneficial as a fighter

OP, do you even reality?

Because even in special forces, guys don’t spend much time doing hand2hand anything on missions. Why would they waste time training for it very much? Especially at the high enough level to compete against mma guys?

BRB Running around with your boys, everyone has a rifle, pistol and often times a knife.

Brb, training UFC on the off chance that 1% of the time where you might kick or punch someone to get them to comply, because they aren’t enough of a threat to actually shoot or stab.

Yes there are mma fighters who served as high level soldiers, but it’s not even really a required skill in the military.

Real warriors are trained to pull the trigger and take your life, not to dance around and get punched and kicked.

They are trained to work as a unit or in small groups. It isn't MMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back