Military's Special Forces in MMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStrangler

Dont be scared homie.
@White
Reaction score
I've always wondered why we don't see that many guys in MMA that have elite military training. By elite I mean Special Forces (Seals, Green Berets, Para rescue, Rangers, etc..). These guys have some of the most intense, vigorous, and in depth combat training in the world. You would think that after getting out of the military they would put that to use in the real world and work on becoming MMA fighters. I mean nothing they do or see in the cage can compare to what is going on in the Middle East. Obviously there have been a couple, Brian Stann and Tim Kennedy are the two big ones. I've just always thought those Special Forces guys were the pinnacle of badassery. You would just think there would have been more of those guys transitioning into MMA and making a little bit of cash with their training. What do you guys think?

I wish the version of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Predator transitioned to MMA too. He was a badass.

They whine a lot

092714-UFC-Tim-Kennedy-J2-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.15.jpg

A-level athletes > military special forces
sorry

They train to remove your liver with a water bottle, not roll around trying not to get T-bagged. Plus if they're in their prime, they're probably infiltrating while you sleep.

All of them would do like Randy. Meaning they would get subbed a lot until they learned the ground game better.

Military Combatives programs are essentially watered down MMA. Your average UFC-level fighter would annihilate a Special Forces member..

I remember this Spetsnaz dude. Got mounted by some can but then ...

Then he showed up in DREAM and got pwnt by Ralek

They train with weapons and not so much hand to hand combat. There was an Israeli special forces guy who got destroyed by Mark Kerr before

I had a buddy who was a green beret. While he was serving I asked him if he had any interest in MMA when he was through. He looked at me without missing a beat and said

"I'm not trained to submit, I'm trained to kill."

Guile in Street Fighter is the closest I could come up with.

latest

I had a buddy who was a green beret. While he was serving I asked him if he had any interest in MMA when he was through. He looked at me without missing a beat and said

"I'm not trained to submit, I'm trained to kill."
A green beret? Did he ever recover from being a hat?

Why don't mma fighters put on some reebok tights and go fight ISIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back