Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

@All in the game yo
You think U.S. forces should stay past the August 31st deadline and get every American out of Afghanistan?

Last edited:
One of the marines killed yesterday had just turned 20. Think about that...that means he was born after 9/11. 20 years ago.

Biden aside. How many folks here think we should go 'balls-to-the-wall' and stay in Afghanistan till every American is rescued?
Re-open the Bagram airport. Bring in more troops. Go to war against the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, and ISIS till every American is out of the country. Tell the Taliban to co-operate or die. They can have the country back after every American is out safely.
. Taliban get in the way = they die.
. Taliban take American hostages = they die.
. Taliban kill Americans = they die.
Let us support the resistance movement in the Panjshir province.
One man is keeping all of this from happening. Sadly, the next two in line to succeed him are equally worthless.

One of the marines killed yesterday had just turned 20. Think about that...that means he was born after 9/11. 20 years ago.
Well no. We haven’t hit the 20th anniversary of 9/11 yet. That’s in two weeks. Do he was an infant when it happened

Resisting the urge to dive into some of family's social media posts about this incident and "offering my opinion...with all due respect" has been a true test of my patience..

Marine Nicole Gee identified as one of the U.S. service members killed in Kabul airport blast. (more photos in article)
Link: Marine Nicole Gee identified as Kabul airport attack victim (nypost.com)

Sgt. Nicole Gee, far left, was a 'model Marine,' according to Capt. Karen Holliday:
nicole-gee-5.jpg

The soldier killed was already a SSgt at 23.
Also, a female Sgt was one of the marines killed too.

Well fellas my deferred task of "get divorced before you make 7" has finally been signed off...

Not asking for sympathy, seriously, getting divorced has been the best thing for our relationship (just not our marriage) we haven't been this cool to each other for a long time....comms and understanding have actually been great since we decided over a year ago, shit was final on Thursday...fuck you California for a 6month wait...

Last edited:
Well fellas my deferred task of "get divorced before you make 7" has finally been signed off...

Not asking for sympathy, seriously, getting divorced has been the best thing for our relationship (just not our marriage) we haven't been this cool to each other for a long time....comms and understanding have actually been great since we decided over a year ago, shit was final on Thursday...fuck you California for a 6month wait...
Any kids?

<GinJuice><GinJuice>

I'm glad that things went amicably for you both. I've seen plenty go sideways and get very messy. It's obvious you both cared for each other as you didn't go that route.

Good on you brother.

Last edited:
Last plane carrying Americans from Afghanistan departs as longest U.S. war concludes. Last U.S. troops leave Afghanistan. The final flight capped a bloody and chaotic end to the conflict. The last C-17 took off at 3:29 pm (Eastern Time). Sooner than I had expected. I was expecting a 'bloodbath' on the 31st of August.

Link: Last plane carrying Americans from Afghanistan departs as longest U.S. war concludes (nbcnews.com)
Nothing like a good plan coming together! Hope the SecDef and Chiefs of staff are proud and can hang this in their hat. Good work all around gents.

Obligatory...

"We gotta make the airport on the last plane out. As we taxi down the runway I can hear the people shout. They said "Don't come back here Yankee!" 'cause if I ever do, I'll bring more money, 'cause all she wants to do is dance."

For f--k sakes! Can't these people on the news get it right. This is not an Army CH-47 Chinook helicopter. It is a Marine CH-46 Sea Knight. Much smaller. It is a 'private' helicopter since that is not a military paint job. Who exactly is flying private CH-46 helicopters? I don't think the Taliban will get the helicopters off the ground without the help of the Chinese or Russians. They won't be flying for long since they will need maintenance and spare parts. Not sure about fuel. Same for all the ground vehicles captured. Small arms - how much ammo was captured? They will be running out of 5.56 ammo in a matter of time. So, now it is ok to dress up like the enemy and not wear their traditional (and religious) clothing?
cats_191.jpg

So the General who was in charge of all marines at the Kabul airport made them field day the bathrooms there for the Taliban before they could leave. Gee, I wonder why retention is so low?

Back