Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

They made the Single guy the family readiness officer....... greaaaaat.

Lol. Do you have to deal with dependants at all?

I can just hear the "you don't understand what it's like!!!!" if you do.

Not so much thank God since, we are supporting Battalion and not the regular Battalion support.

Not so much thank God since, we are supporting Battalion and not the regular Battalion support.

Thank heaven for small favors.

When I was an XPO I had a members spouse call and complain anytime he was deployed with females on the crew.

At that 12-14 person, unit females averaged at least 1/3 of the personnel...two had mission critical qualifications and to be efficient with unit funds, I was better bringing 2 so they could share a hotel rather rather than have one get their own room and an odd non-cadre male get a solo room.

It wasn't all the time but it was most of the time, and I had to deal with it everytime.

Oddly enough I'm the only married type in command at my even smaller current unit....so don't have to deal with that bullshit (rather my XPO doesn't)

It was always a civilian (usually retired vet) or an officer.
I've always had a Civilian , but have seen the Company Gunny fill the role , but technically its a E-8 billet if assigned. Its whatever.

Once upon a time I had God Powers on MOL and could sign anyone out on leave . S1 definitely did not mean to give me that.
I had that my last 8-9 months in because I was skating as a clerk in the company office. The only thing I can do now though is lookup dudes.

I had that my last 8-9 months in because I was skating as a clerk in the company office. The only thing I can do now though is lookup dudes.

Have my job right now , since I'm not slaying bodies is fucking look at MOL doing reports. Being a CPL and Sgt was more fun and my peer group at that time was a lot better, kept it real. Now I'm one of the last ones left.

Have my job right now , since I'm not slaying bodies is fucking look at MOL doing reports. Being a CPL and Sgt was more fun and my peer group at that time was a lot better, kept it real. Now I'm one of the last ones left.
It's so weird looking people up who were boots in 06 and 07 and now they're SSgts or Gunnys. I'd be hitting 18 years in June if I had stayed in. My last Plt Sgt is a CWO4 now and a CBRN guy.

It's so weird looking people up who were boots in 06 and 07 and now they're SSgts or Gunnys. I'd be hitting 18 years in June if I had stayed in. My last Plt Sgt is a CWO4 now and a CBRN guy.

I hit 16 in June Myself. One of my best Friends is a CWO2 and he gets nervous when I'm around his family because of all the wreckless shit we did as boots including sneaking out of female Barracks rooms

Back