Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

So, normally I'd go into the Weapons and Tactics subforum of the Standup area for this question but figure guys in here might have more experience with this.

I have an AR10 lower that has an A2 stock. I want to keep said A2 stock (I'm being a fucking weirdo and making an up-caliber clone let me have my fun). What's the best mounting solution for a two point sling on that cocksucker? It has that weird, eyelet thing on the bottom of the stock (so the underside near the back) but I'm just to mounting slings on like the sides of the stocks (Have a B5 and that's where the sling mounts there).

Do I just get one of those weird nylon rigs that goes over the back of the buttstock and run the sling through the eye that comes with that?

One of these:
https://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk3.htm

Or do this?
https://www.thewilderness.com/giles-modular-tactical-slings/modular-sling-a2-type-buttstock-adapter/

I know the most simple solution is probably just buy a new stock but I don't want to deal with swapping out the buffer tube, buffer, and all that shit cause I'm also a lazy ass.
You pretty much know the options. Use one of those weird attachments or buy a new stock. The m110 stock has the flush cup spot for a sling. But none of the new stock options are cheap.

You pretty much know the options. Use one of those weird attachments or buy a new stock. The m110 stock has the flush cup spot for a sling. But none of the new stock options are cheap.
That’s what I figured. I could swap for a PRS but I don’t feel like paying that admittedly.

Thanks.

That’s what I figured. I could swap for a PRS but I don’t feel like paying that admittedly.

Thanks.
I could see if you wanted a clone type of a rifle not having an adjustable stock otherwise, there’s a lot of options that have adjustable cheek welds and length of pull. I think that adjustment is critical to getting a comfortable repeatable sight picture with a high power optic. If you using a low power variable like in the 1-8 range, than then eye relief is going to be very forgiving. But if you are going to run a 3-18 or 5-25 ect. those stock adjustments are a real help.

I could see if you wanted a clone type of a rifle not having an adjustable stock otherwise, there’s a lot of options that have adjustable cheek welds and length of pull. I think that adjustment is critical to getting a comfortable repeatable sight picture with a high power optic. If you using a low power variable like in the 1-8 range, than then eye relief is going to be very forgiving. But if you are going to run a 3-18 or 5-25 ect. those stock adjustments are a real help.
I'm probably going to grab a 5-25 from Vortex so I could see upgrading to a more adjustable stock in the future but to start I kind of want to keep the A2. I grew up on Winchester model 70s so I got used to working around the length of pull on rifles if they weren't perfect for me.

skeletor.jpg

tumblr_msjnmxBvBR1surga9o1_250.gif

tenor.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

How do you guys feel when civilians use "disrespecting the Troops" and "but they were a Veteran!!!" to justify their political shit?

I lean right politically, but damnit if I don't want to slap some of my extended family and friends for assuming they speak on all our behalf... I won't even speak for all of us because I know damn well we're just as fucked up and varied on opinions as the rest of the population on a smaller scale..

Side Bar:
One of my younger cousins just joined the Fleet in the Navy made the mistake of posting "Well in my opinion, that I know is shared by most of the Navy..." on social media....being both a caring older family member and senior enlisted, I advised him to remove the post, without mentioning anything about being either....to which his wife (who I never met and knows nothing about me) and her friends decided to berate me about freedom of speech and how he was "protecting our freedom" and how dare I question...

It annoyed me 10 years ago....today's culture makes it even worse...

rant secured...carry on....

Last edited:
Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Security Forces Airman.

Security Forces Airman, who?

Security Forces Airman who tells much better jokes than this one.

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Security Forces Airman.

As a retired Airman let me just say....

<LikeReally5>

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Security Forces Airman.

Security Forces Airman who quit or washed out of PJ indoc.

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Security Forces Airman.

Do you guys have any shitty CONUS bases? Because every single one I've stepped makes me question my USCG career choice....

...oh and I should clarify: Shitty by Non-AF standards...

Do you guys have any shitty CONUS bases? Because every single one I've stepped makes me question my USCG career choice....

...oh and I should clarify: Shitty by Non-AF standards...
Minot AFB in North Dakota has to suck.

Back