Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

That’s nuts.

When I got to my company they were Mostly Sgts and Ssgts and as long as the Boss was a SSgt my Heavy could be a Sgt , now that I'm going to be a Gunny my Boss has to be a Gunny so I'm going to a Gunny Heavy Company. The Heavy and the Boss are from my DI school they came to the Island as Gunnys to begin with.

When I got to my company they were Mostly Sgts and Ssgts and as long as the Boss was a SSgt my Heavy could be a Sgt , now that I'm going to be a Gunny my Boss has to be a Gunny so I'm going to a Gunny Heavy Company. The Heavy and the Boss are from my DI school they came to the Island as Gunnys to begin with.
So is your series gunny an E8?

No doubt he is screwed, his career is over. I bet his punishment is the same as if he had gotten a DUI.
DUI is a killer for officers? We had an E7 get one and he kept his rank but it forced him to retire at 20 at his current rank instead of 24 as an E8.

I thought Jews were down with jokes. Other people not so much.

Imagine being a brand new, 23 year old 2LT in a solid MOS and destroying your potential career over a joke that wasn't even funny.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/arm...eEFy8ySKr9EyQYfcfvTA4YDAgo91_wOQmu0V-8AViyzrs

@Mike Hagger @San Marino Enough for an unrestricted GOMOR?

bRSjH.gif

DUI is a killer for officers? We had an E7 get one and he kept his rank but it forced him to retire at 20 at his current rank instead of 24 as an E8.
Definitely a killer for Os. An enlisted might be able to handle one, but it’s unlikely you will be promoted. It’s a major shift, “in my day” you couldn’t be a SGM without a DUI and a divorce.

Definitely a killer for Os. An enlisted might be able to handle one, but it’s unlikely you will be promoted. It’s a major shift, “in my day” you couldn’t be a SGM without a DUI and a divorce.

Same here, coming up most of my Chiefs were on their second marriage and had at least one Alcohol Incident.

Imagine being a brand new, 23 year old 2LT in a solid MOS and destroying your potential career over a joke that wasn't even funny.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/arm...eEFy8ySKr9EyQYfcfvTA4YDAgo91_wOQmu0V-8AViyzrs

@Mike Hagger @San Marino Enough for an unrestricted GOMOR?

My dad was a 2nd LT in 1964... back when telling jokes with racial slurs in it was still considered mostly ok...

EVEN THEN, my dad wouldn't have dropped a Holocaust joke and he has some real.... "oh God why am I laughing at this?" racial based jokes from that time period.

My dad was a 2nd LT in 1964... back when telling jokes with racial slurs in it was still considered mostly ok...

EVEN THEN, my dad wouldn't have dropped a Holocaust joke and he has some real.... "oh God why am I laughing at this?" racial based jokes from that time period.
It wasn’t even a funny joke either. Just stupid.

Back