Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Just found out prior service can’t get an option 40 contract.

<26>

<26>
I would call the Special operations recruiting battalion SORB, I bet they can find a work around. I know prior service guys who went 11B and asked to go to RIP in basic and were picked up after Airborne.

Are you planning to join a Ranger Battalion?
"Your prior service no longer makes you ineligible for an Option 40 Contract, but it doesn't mean you're automatically eligible either. If you don't get one, have the guts to sign up anyway and then volunteer for RASP at OSUT/AIT."

Last edited:
I would call the Special operations recruiting battalion SORB, I bet they can find a work around. I know prior service guys who went 11B and asked to go to RIP in basic and were picked up after Airborne.
Yeah that's what I've been told. "Oh just enlist 11B and volunteer during OSUT. No problem!" Which is 22 weeks now and I'd have to start from day 1 since my break in service is way longer than 5 years. And since E4 isn't an NCO in the Army I'd be treated just like a boot all over again.

...and since E4 isn't an NCO in the Army I'd be treated just like a boot all over again.
An E-4 Corporal is an NCO in the U.S. Army, but you will normally only see them in an Infantry unit. Rangers are Infantry. Are you really serious about re-enlisting and going the Ranger route? How old are you? Were you an E-4 in the Marines? Have you done your homework on day-to-day life in a Ranger Battalion. It is a miserable life even after basic, Airborne school, RASP, and Ranger school. High operational tempo. Those 'batboys' train in Alaska during the winter and used to train in Panama during the summer. Shelf life for these guys is usually 2 to 3 years. Many burnout along the way. Shit gets old fast. Hard on a marriage and family. What about the Warrant Officer program? Why not an MOS that can benefit you when you get out?
. Engineers
. Cyber Operations
. Medical
. Military Police
. Military Intelligence
. Finance

* Training aids for Ranger school today are amazing. Nothing like 28 years ago.
** You are welcome for post #4444 and #4437.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I've been told. "Oh just enlist 11B and volunteer during OSUT. No problem!" Which is 22 weeks now and I'd have to start from day 1 since my break in service is way longer than 5 years. And since E4 isn't an NCO in the Army I'd be treated just like a boot all over again.
@San Marino is right dude the path is going to be unpleasant from basic to until you’re a tab. It would not take more than a couple of days before the drills recognize your prior service and treat you differently. It’s crazy but in 2021 there’s actually a chance that the guy teaching privates has never seen combat, and probably didn’t even go to Iraq..

If I went back and did it all over it would suck mentally dealing with a bunch of literally kids but it would easy at the same time, I think your experience would be similar, nothing you do until you reach rasp will compare to your time in the marines and even then you’ll probably be a bit disappointed. It’s a gamble but in the end being a Tabbed spec4 at batt is a pretty good job.

Last edited:
@San Marino is right dude the path is going to be unpleasant from basic to until you’re a tab. It would not take more than a couple of days before the drills recognize your prior service and treat you differently. It’s crazy but in 2021 there’s actually a chance that the guy teaching privates has never seen combat, and probably didn’t even go to Iraq..

If I went back and did it all over it would suck mentally dealing with a bunch of literally kids but it would easy at the same time, I think your experience would be similar, nothing you do until you reach rasp will compare to your time in the marines and even then you’ll probably be a bit disappointed. It’s a gamble but in the end being a Tabbed spec4 at batt is a pretty good job.
I don't wanna go to Ranger School though. So if I did make it through RASP then they'd probably RFS me and I'd end up in the 82nd.

<6>

I don't wanna go to Ranger School though. So if I did make it through RASP then they'd probably RFS me and I'd end up in the 82nd.
?
You are trolling right?
You want to join a Ranger Battalion but don't want to go through Ranger school? Than why go through RASP? You don't get to wear that 'scroll' once you are out. Unless you've been in combat with the Rangers like that 'dirt bag' Lieutenant Rapone. You would probably not end up in the 82nd either, unless you are Airborne qualified. Think of it like this: Your worst day in Marine Corps boot camp would be your best day in Ranger school. o_O

The school sucks, period. It gets incrementally worst with each passing week. Good thing is that today there is training to prepare you for Ranger school and lots of training aids you can use to help you get a passing score on your patrols. But it is still 75% mental and 25% physical. Also, getting a negative DA Form 1059 (Service School Academic Evaluation Report) can damage your military career and options in the U.S. Army. Meaning, if you quit an Army school, you are in trouble. What do you think happens to soldiers in a line Infantry unit who quit Ranger school? God forbid you are an Infantry officer and quit Ranger school.

Last edited:
On Amazon:
"Army Flashcards - Ranger School Instructional Flashcards"
Link: https://www.amazon.com/Army-Flashca...army+ranger+flash+cards&qid=1598125245&sr=8-1

417fhczFk7L._AC_SX425_.jpg

61wr6xUnhvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

"U.S. Army Ranger School Patrol Guide, The Ultimate Guide to Pass Patrols at Ranger School" Created by a U.S. Army Ranger Instructor.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Ranger-Ultim...army+ranger+flash+cards&qid=1598125245&sr=8-6
612gLSKZXIL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

61h3Vr7W-LL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
?
You are trolling right?
You want to join a Ranger Battalion but don't want to go through Ranger school? Than why go through RASP? You don't get to wear that 'scroll' once you are out. Unless you've been in combat with the Rangers like that 'dirt bag' Lieutenant Rapone. You would probably not end up in the 82nd either, unless you are Airborne qualified. Think of it like this: Your worst day in Marine Corps boot camp would be your best day in Ranger school. o_O

The school sucks, period. It gets incrementally worst with each passing week. Good thing is that today there is training to prepare you for Ranger school and lots of training aids you can use to help you get a passing score on your patrols. But it is still 75% mental and 25% physical. Also, getting a negative DA Form 1059 (Service School Academic Evaluation Report) can damage your military career and options in the U.S. Army. Meaning, if you quit an Army school, you are in trouble. What do you think happens to soldiers in a line Infantry unit who quit Ranger school? God forbid you are an Infantry officer and quit Ranger school.
When I used to work for MEPS we had a few recruiter that wore the scroll. Not really sure what it is but it looked like a scroll on their sleeve lol.

?
You are trolling right?

Can't quit Ranger School if I refuse to go.

<seedat>

61h3Vr7W-LL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Yeah, there is a lot of information on that slide. It is a Squad linear ambush.
. Alpha Team in 'blue' (4): Team Leader, Automatic Rifleman, Rifleman, Grenadier
. Bravo Team in 'green' (4): Team Leader, Automatic Rifleman, Rifleman, Grenadier
. 'HQ' in 'yellow' (4): Squad Leader, Radio operator, Machine gunner, Assistant gunner
. I'm reading the 'red' dots as claymore mines. Not on my Ranger Handbook - old edition.
. The circle is the Objective Rally Point (ORP) and how to occupy it.
. Not sure about GL and TF, but I'm taking it to mean Grid Line and Terrain Feature. RIs are big on where you are on a map at all time. You have to point it out to him on your map and you better be right! Don't forget about that 'North' pointing arrow either. Hey @ChoppyChoppyPeePee, are you taking notes? These missions start out at the Squad level and move on up to Platoon level. You need to know your shit on a graded position like Squad Leader and Platoon Leader. All this on 1 hour of sleep and 1 MRE. :eek: ...61 days my friend (hot, cold, wet and hungry). You will be half asleep through most of it, and so will everyone else.

Last edited:
Eight soldiers?
"Here's what we know about eight of the soldiers who have died this year at Fort Hood"
Link: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/25/us/fort-hood-soldier-deaths-trnd/index.html
Two things here: These soldiers are getting attention because that one women went missing and later found out she was murdered. Or this is actually a great number of soldiers that have been killed. Minus the drowning.

I’m not sure. But this shit been in the news all summer.

I think that it’s fucked they kinda included combat deaths and suicide into their count. But that’s CNN.

And 3 Hood soldiers also got charged for leading a child prostitution ring.

<VinceShock>

Back