Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

15 shots from 200 yards (5 sitting, 5 kneeling, 5 standing, 20 minute time limit)
10 shots standing to prone from 200 yards (rapid fire, 60 second time limit)
5 shots from 300 yards (sitting, 5 minute time limit)
10 shots standing to prone from 300 yards (rapid fire, 60 second time limit)
10 shots prone from 500 yards (10 minute time limit)

max of 5 points per shot (in the center ring); possible max score of 250 points
190 points to qual (marksman), 210 for sharpshooter, 220 for expert
done with an M16A4 equipped with an ACOG (used to be irons only until 2011)

They replaced the sitting position recently (which was needed since it's dumb anyhow).

Personally, they should still use irons in boot camp since it's for teaching/learning the fundamentals.
I wonder what shot the dude missed.

15 shots from 200 yards (5 sitting, 5 kneeling, 5 standing, 20 minute time limit)
10 shots standing to prone from 200 yards (rapid fire, 60 second time limit)
5 shots from 300 yards (sitting, 5 minute time limit)
10 shots standing to prone from 300 yards (rapid fire, 60 second time limit)
10 shots prone from 500 yards (10 minute time limit)

max of 5 points per shot (in the center ring); possible max score of 250 points
190 points to qual (marksman), 210 for sharpshooter, 220 for expert
done with an M16A4 equipped with an ACOG (used to be irons only until 2011)

They replaced the sitting position recently (which was needed since it's dumb anyhow).

Personally, they should still use irons in boot camp since it's for teaching/learning the fundamentals.

I never understood the sitting position. It seems you could do the same thing in the kneeling position but also have more opportunity to get up and move when necessary.

Aug 13th 1918 , the Day Women were allowed in the Marine Corps , in other words the worst day in Marine Corps History

Yes I taught the Diddy just like that.

Aug 13th 1918 , the Day Women were allowed in the Marine Corps , in other words the worst day in Marine Corps History

Yes I taught the Diddy just like that.
Uh oh, don't y'all have female platoons in 3rd Bn now? Better not let them hear that.

Good read. Nice to know most things at Ranger school have not changed. Interesting chapter on your peers and instructors (RI). How both can help you or hamper you from graduating from the Army course.
GUEST_15951a4f-3127-41e0-aa8c-d43d2f96a51e

Does anyone practice shooting techniques with a pistol? Right now I am using this video as an example but I am getting in the habit of quick drawing for a double tap to the chest. Anyway pretty simple and other advice is welcome.

Fake certificates for schools and medals are now on sale on eBay - with your name. :(
Certainly not the 'official' certificate or diploma, but very close. Nice for all the 'wannabe'. The signature block is a dead giveaway. The actual medals, patches, and tabs was never an issue, but now you can get the diploma too for your 'Love Me Wall'. U.S. Army and Marine Corps. Here is the list:
. Medals
. Discharges
. Schools: Airborne, Air Assault, Ranger, EIB, Sniper, EFMB, etc...
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Ranger-Course-Diploma-Frame.jpg

Last edited:
Express Military
Link: http://www.expressmilitary.com/

"It is not our intent to propagate fraud, our documents are unofficial artistic renderings and are intended for your personal use. These Certificates may not be entered into your SRB, if you use these documents for official purposes or present for official use any certificate that you did not earn, you are in violation of Federal Laws and therefore subject to prosecution under Title 18 US Code, --- and the Government takes the law vary seriously, I know, in 2012 I found myself on the wrong side of a Federal Courtroom and it cost me 2 years of my time. As a result I had to make some changes to both the web site and all or most of our certificates."

'Shithole Country Service Medal' criteria: Designed for Veterans who served in places around the world that we considered at the time, shitholes.
shithole-country-service-medal_small.png

Last edited:
It's a course open to both sexes and all MOSs. Whereas most Rangers were grunts already before going through jump school and attempting RASP.
Ranger tab =/= Ranger
Ranger scroll = Ranger

Edit: This isn't to say that Ranger school is easy of course.
I was having this discussion with a friend a few days ago. The difference between RASP vs. Ranger school. Not here on Sherdog, but I did come across this old post of yours when doing a quick search here on Sherdog. You are 'technically' correct in what you said, but it is more complicated than that. I didn't serve in a Ranger Battalion, but have a friend who did some years ago. I talked to him. A lot of misconceptions between RASP and Ranger school. 95% of what I saw on YouTube regarding both is wrong and confusing as shit. Actually, the 75th Ranger Regiment makes the whole thing just as confusing.

So, here are my 2 cents on this topic since there are no interesting threads today in either the War Room or the Mayberry Lounge:
. As of 2009, RASP replaced RIP, but the two are not the same. RIP was 3 weeks long and RASP can be between 3 and 8 weeks long depending on your rank. That right there tells me that RASP is easier than Ranger school.
. As of March 2016, RASP is delivered as two distinct courses:
- RASP 1 is for enlisted soldiers and junior non-commissioned officers E-1 through E-5. 8 weeks broken into two phases with the weekends off, unlike Ranger school. The first 4 weeks candidates will be 'smoked' and tested on their mental toughness, physical capabilities, ruck marches, land navigation, leadership and weapons training. The second 4 weeks of training focuses on marksmanship, tactical driver training, breaching, and Ranger history.
- RASP 2 is for senior NCOs, E-6 and above, Warrant Officers and Officers. 3 weeks.

. Ranger school:
It is 8 weeks (61 days) broken down into 3 phases: Benning, Mountain, and Swamp. It was 68 days long when I went through it in 1992 with 4 phases to include the desert phase - 16 days long.

RASP is designed for folks going into a Ranger Battalion. Getting the Ranger 'scroll' at the completion of RASP does put you in the Ranger Battalion and makes you a Ranger, but (and that is a huge 'but') no one in a Ranger Battalion considers you a true Ranger until you complete Ranger school and get the Ranger 'tab'. If you fail Ranger school after RASP, you are out of the Ranger Battalion. So, all E-5 and above assigned to a Ranger Battalion will have completed RASP and Ranger school - period. No leaders without a Ranger tab. So, if you go into a Ranger Battalion as a senior NCO or Officer, RASP is a joke compared to Ranger school.

Links:
U.S. Army Ranger Assessment & Selection Program (RASP)
Link: https://bootcampmilitaryfitnessinst...y-ranger-assessment-selection-programme-rasp/

Here are some of the most frequent questions we answer about serving in the Ranger Regiment
Link: https://www.goarmy.com/ranger/your-questions-about-serving.html#tab

Books:
. Post #4428 (above), Ranger school in 2003.
. Ranger school in 1989 - absolute misery:
51fRsxADYgL.jpg

Videos:
This guy was non-Infantry (Medical Service Corps Officer) when he went through Ranger school and did not recycle. He has 5 great videos on YouTube that cover the 3 phases of Ranger school. These are by far the best videos I have seen on the subject. Check video at 5:37.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back