Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Thai Domi, Jun 16, 2016.

1. San Marino Green Belt Platinum Member

I understand.
    So much secrecy around this woman. I don't think the Army even lets her wear her 'green' beret on or off base.
    I'm pretty sure she was also monitored by female Army officers going through the 'Q' course. Like the two girls who graduated from Ranger school in 2015. I think if 'mystery' woman was going to quit, she would have done it during the SERE portion of the course. Only a few people probably know how close she came to a simulated rape scenario. I'm certain that part of her training was highly scrutinized to keep the realism down. That is not to say that men wouldn't get raped. I believe Michael Durant was raped by his captors after his helicopter was shot down in Somalia in 1993 -- Operation Gothic Serpent.

2. San Marino Green Belt Platinum Member

So, @Mike Hagger, I was thinking about your post from the recent female graduate from the 'Q' course. Something odd struck me. I remember how some SOF operators had their faces 'blocked' in pictures I had seen in the past. Never gave it much thought. I figured it was (and is) to keep their identity private. If their identity were to be made public, there could be negative repercussions (to include family). Let's use this photo as an example. No faces. No names:
    [​IMG]
    ...but in the photo below we have two operators showing their face, name, and unit.
    "This screenshot from a Jan. 30, 2019, U.S. Army video shows Master Sgt. Jole Alvarez (right) of 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) posing for a photo with a fellow Green Beret after Alvarez, 42, completed Ranger School at Fort Benning, Ga., in December 2018." Remember this photo?
    Now, based on their rank, you know both Alvarez and Johnson have been deployed and in theater multiple times. So, where is the security in the photo? Also, you can go to Ft. Bragg any day of the week and see soldiers with their green beret. You can see them off post in Fayetteville. You can see U.S. Navy SEALs wearing their 'trident' in Norfolk, Virginia. Where does the security and secrecy go? How safe are you in uniform and a green beret off post? What are your thoughts on this 'face blocked off in picture' issue?
    [​IMG]

3. Mike Hagger Brown Belt

Funny story I know who those guys are in that first picture. Anyways, it’s not being SOF that makes you want to protect your identity. It’s coupled with the mission. Just being SF in a country is not classified or anything like that. Now for instance, being SF and working with a certain partner force, now your identity ought to be concealed. There’s different levels and requirements mission depending. Consider MACV-SOG, they wore different uniforms, and were very much deniable working in Cambodia and Laos, they were not supposed to discuss anything or share anything about their operations. That first picture is Iraq, and if you know a little about SF there’s a patch there that is a dead giveaway. People aren’t careful enough.

San Marino likes this.
  4. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

An AAV just sank out here with one confirmed and 8 missing.

I see those things in the water when I'm working around Pendleton and they trigger something in me as a Coastie Boat Driver in how they ride in the water.

Prayers for the Marines and Sailor and their families yet to be found.

Born in the USA likes this.
  5. San Marino Green Belt Platinum Member

Ok, so why not release the name and picture of this female who graduated from the 'Q' course? Is it fear of all the media attention or fear from fellow SOF members? She is an NCO. I take it she went from the National Guard to Active Duty and is walking around some Army base with her 'green' beret is she not? Any media person can get on base or track her down when she is off base. Heck, Ft. Bragg has a museum open to civilians. Since when are the names of soldiers who graduate from the 'Q' course classified information? I think the same issue applies to U.S. Navy BUD/S graduates. I think Delta operators are the exception.

6. Mike Hagger Brown Belt

The names of the graduates or the Q Course is FOUO but unclass, it can be on Green but to my knowledge the Army does not release graduates names.

7. ChoppyChoppyPeePee Steel Belt

I had to ride in one of those damn things once. It was on land in training and we only had 13 in the back and it was still miserable.

https://thewarhorse.org/one-marines-narrow-escape-from-a-military-training-death/

@Rex Skywalker

8. ChoppyChoppyPeePee Steel Belt

He just wants to know if she's hot or not.

So do I.

Mike Hagger and San Marino like this.
  9. Rex Skywalker Back away from the younglings Platinum Member

10. Rex Skywalker Back away from the younglings Platinum Member

Unfortunately that happens. My buddy was training some boot at Pendleton some years ago and he nose dived the track and sunk it. Everyone got out except my friend. Took like 12 hours to get his body.

11. ChoppyChoppyPeePee Steel Belt

How do you think this one sunk so fast? I know there's 4 pumps and it was still daylight when it happened and other AAVs were nearby.

Maybe too much water weight damaged the intake plenum?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 1:46 PM
  12. San Marino Green Belt Platinum Member

That too, but mainly her bio (biography). She comes from the National Guard. What state? MOS? Deployments? How old is she? Is she married? Does she have any kids? Has she made it through any other Army schools? What rank is she? Why in the world would you want to be in an SF team as a woman? Nobody wants this woman on their team. She could have had a better military career not being in a team. Chances are she will be out of the Army in less than a year and write a book about her experience.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 7:58 PM
  13. ChoppyChoppyPeePee Steel Belt

14. ChoppyChoppyPeePee Steel Belt

15. Rex Skywalker Back away from the younglings Platinum Member

Pretty sure. I was already out then but my other friend was in their unit and told me while it was happening. I guess it didn’t take that long to get him out. I think he had an air pocket but they couldn’t get him in time.

16. Born in the USA Redacted

Why is this stuff any of your business.

Edit: or anyone else for that matter.

17. San Marino Green Belt Platinum Member

A. This is not classified information.
    B. I'm a taxpayer and my money goes towards her salary since she works for the government.
    C. History in the making. High profile soldier. Weren't the 2 Ranger female graduates big news in the military community?

* Also, why is the President's personal life anyone's business?

18. San Marino Green Belt Platinum Member

C'mon @Mike Hagger, throw me a bone here regarding this female SF soldier. o_O

Is it this one?
    [​IMG]

19. San Marino Green Belt Platinum Member

20. Born in the USA Redacted

Lol that doesn’t mean you need to know the details of her life regarding the stuff I highlighted.

The president is a high profile high powered figure. They reap what they sow. We’re comparing apples to dinosaurs here lol.

San Marino likes this.