Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

The second pic is a soldier who was attached to a Marine unit in Iraq. Not prior service.
Not too familiar with that. Can you expand on that one?
Why would soldiers be attached to Marine units or vice versa?
Is the Marine Corps really getting rid of all its tanks?

Dude gets a perfect ASVAB score and already has a degree and enlists infantry.

QNJFjZS.jpg

SMH.

Last edited:
Associates or bachelors?
A bachelor's degree - BA. Four years.

There was also that time in 2004, or 2005, when some states (Army National Guard) were giving direct commission as 2nd Lieutenants in the Infantry. :( Yeah, the Army was in terrible shape as far as enlistment and retention. Anyone remember the 'stop-loss' policy in 2004?

Too funny. I studied hard for my ASVAB but only got an 85. I was really disappointed. I prepared diligently but probably took bad study advice as the questions seemed awkward to me. It was a different time. The job I wanted didn't require a super high score, it was a matter of pride.

Some kid I went to boot camp with got like a 34 or some shit. Naturally, he was in charge of cleaning the head while we were there.

<seedat>

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter what we all scored on the ASVAB, because we’re all here shit posting on a karate forum lol.

{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}

Actually, I did some "checking in my files" and that head cleaning shipmate scored a 14 on his ASVAB, not 34. So I'm still an asshole but now, a duly corrected one.
How did he get in?
You need a minimum of 35 for the U.S. Navy - today. Must have had a waiver. 14 is not even half of the requirement. Do you know if the guy graduated from high school? What exactly was his MOS in the Navy? Maybe he was a great cook...

Back