Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Train Recruits ? Naw I'm just going to make the weak ones quit.

Imagine having your career ended over something like this.
Is that how Lieutenant Colonels talk in the Marines? That sounds like a speech the First Sergeant should have made. Was the guy really relieved of duty over that incident? How many times did he use the 'F' word?

Is that how Lieutenant Colonels talk in the Marines? That sounds like a speech the First Sergeant should have made. Was the guy really relieved of duty over that incident? How many times did he use the 'F' word?

Looked like they were downrange and things got a tad more...

Serious when it was time to form up.

Yep. LtCol Asad Khan with a light infantry battalion in Afghan.

Yep. LtCol Asad Khan with a light infantry battalion in Afghan.
Good. The guy is an 'asshole'. That is not the way to talk to your troops - ever. Plus, it sounds like NCO business. Why is an O-5 getting involved? I'm guessing someone was killed by accident during the deployment. I've met my share of these idiots in my time in the Army. They were all weak and insecure officers. But this guy really blew me away with this part of his speech. Admiral James G. Stavridis, USSOUTHCOM, Miami, October 2006:

"Civility: Be kind. Share credit. And keep your sense of humor! Above all, please don't lose your temper - it only clouds your judgement and diminishes performance of everyone around you. I will not raise my voice in anger at any point in this tour, and I ask you to take the same approach."

Last edited:
Good. The guy is an 'asshole'. That is not the way to talk to your troops - ever. Plus, it sounds like NCO business. Why is an O-5 getting involved? I'm guessing someone was killed by accident during the deployment. I've met my share of these idiots in my time in the Army. They were all weak and insecure officers. But this guy really blew me away with this part of his speech. Admiral James G. Stavridis, USSOTHCOM, Miami, October 2006:

"Civility: Be kind. Share credit. And keep your sense of humor! Above all, please don't lose your temper - it only clouds your judgement and diminishes performance of everyone around you. I will not raise my voice in anger at any point in this tour, and I ask you to take the same approach."
Weren't you infantry?

Minding my PERSEC..

14 years infantry, British Army.
Currently working security in a kinetic environment.
Quite into Kickboxing.
Welcome aboard.
I spent some years at RAF Lakenheath, 87- 93.
Had a good bit of fun over there and even had a couple of dry nights. We used to some training and joint forces work with you guys and the TA.
But kickboxing? Lol. it’s the pure sweet science for me.
maybe because I’m too old to lift my feet off the floor.

Welcome aboard.
I spent some years at RAF Lakenheath, 87- 93.
Had a good bit of fun over there and even had a couple of dry nights. We used to some training and joint forces work with you guys and the TA.
But kickboxing? Lol. it’s the pure sweet science for me.
maybe because I’m too old to lift my feet off the floor.

Thanks mate.
Only got into Kickboxing recently. Boxing is my first love. Used to box (inter-company level) for my regiment.
I love kicking but my hands are my primary weapon :)

'Redcoat' alert!
Just f---ing with you mate. Welcome. We had another British Army guy here not long ago, but he is gone now...

<NoneOfMy>

Haha yeah man, redcoat all the way. Although I have an ancestor that fought on the American side during the rebellion. And I have family in the States.
Basically, I'm a big fan of America. :)

Boxing is my first love. Used to box (inter-company level) for my regiment.
Hey @sweetviolenturg, here is another boxer to share ring memories with. This one is British.

@monkey-bb, the guy above was amateur and semi-professional in boxing in his younger days. Good member here on Sherdog. @sweetviolenturg, you are invited to join us at the 'Veterans' lounge...

Last edited:
[QUOTE="monkey-bb, post: 160561811, member: 579134] rebellion[/QUOTE]
<WhatIsThis>
??
You mean Revolution?

Lol J/K

Back