Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

my dad was the senior USMC DI for MCRD San Diego in the early 90s. Even had Arnold come visit him specifically on the drill field, they knew each other from Gold's Gym

i'll tell you what, it sure made going to Army boot camp at relaxing Jackson a damn joke haha

You mean a Marine prior service? That is news to me. Came across this:

"For one to wear a Marine patch you had to be in the Army during the authorized period with a memo stating that in your records. In addition, coming from the Marine Corps to the Army with a 'Combat Action Ribbon' does not mean you can wear a CIB as some idiot started that rumor years ago. I know this will also cause heart burn for some soldiers, but the color version of the Big Red One is unauthorized and has been addressed by the uniform board years ago yet it still is being done."

"Soldiers who are authorized to continue wearing a Marine patch as their combat patch include those who served with Marine Corps units during operations that qualify for an Army combat patch, as prescribed in Army Regulation 670-1, and who have written approval from the Army chief of personnel or a delegated representative."

"However, under a policy change that took effect June 11, soldiers in Army units at the company level and higher who are attached to, or under the operational control of, deployed Marine units no longer are eligible for the policy exemption that allows them to wear Marine logo patches as combat patches."

I believe the same reasoning behind not letting Marines wear the Ranger tab who completed the school. I believe the requirement is designed to preserve the heritage of Army units. You can't wear a CIB in a Marine uniform.
people can, it just depends on if they attached as a Soldier in a MEU/MEF (a different patch tough), or actually in the Marines
it's literally why they make these, for instance:
th

s-l1000.jpg

edit: or MADE, as those are ACU not multicam patches

we had multiple former Marines in my Army IN BN that had 1st and 3rd Mar Div patches and were allowed to wear them as combat patches
Edit: unless its changed since I got out in 2013

Last edited:
We had multiple former Marines in my Army IN BN that had 1st and 3rd Mar Div patches and were allowed to wear them as combat patches.
I believe there has been a recent policy change regarding this issue. The requirement was designed to preserve the heritage of Army units. It could also be unauthorized like the color version of the Big Red One. It was addressed by the uniform board years ago and yet it is still being done.
71jiXF2Xr9L._AC_UL320_SR222,320_.jpg

size0.jpg

Pick Up Week Next WEEK Friday the 13th . We've been rehearsing our Walkouts and setting up the House , I've been dreading it and am excited as well.

Pick Up Week Next WEEK Friday the 13th . We've been rehearsing our Walkouts and setting up the House , I've been dreading it and am excited as well.
Not picking up on a Saturday? That’s weird.

Not picking up on a Saturday? That’s weird.
Sometimes it still happens due to holidays affecting MEPS stations. But Parris Island has aimed for Black Fridays because San Diego has been doing it for years.

Another note a lot of second tour hats from San Diego ended up on Parris Island due to the recruit Saddiqui incident in 2016 so they probably added some San Diego vibes to the Island.

DI Chronicles. Practicing walkouts, had no idea how scripted the whole thing Was. Definitely not comfortable, but it rolls on, learn and get better.

Last edited:
Changes to our Rifle qual. IMO all the Corps needs is digital scoring everywhere. (Because of the widespread cheating in scoring) Never been a fan of the career bureaucrats who decide shit like this. Not that every idea is bad.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/ne...ification-coming-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

Kinda glad I'm out *Shrug*

I remember when they tried an experimental new Table 2 and everyone did horrible so they got rid of it. They had to curve the scores so much.

Last edited:
Back