Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Another Entry in my DI adventures. I enjoy messing with the Shitty Recruits but also screaming at the ones that care and want to get better. I'm with these guys another 9 days then I get 1 week off then Go Do Real Forming Day 1 with my Company. It's going to suck but oh well.
If you're stuck in the duty hut hit up Sportsurge for streaming any NFL game that's airing right now.

Is that an avatar and name change?
Yeah, SEALs playing soldier and soldiers playing a SEAL:

I think the army actually has more combat divers than there are SeALs.

I think the army actually has more combat divers than there are SeALs.
. Delta Force: All trained in combat diving.
. U.S. Army Special Forces: It maintains a robust combat diving capability. One Operational Detachment-Alpha (ODA) per Special Forces Company is trained and equipped to conduct open and closed circuit sub-surface maritime infiltration operations.
. USMC: The Combat Diver Course is taught at the Navy Diving and Salvage Training Center. Both of the Marine Air-Ground Task Force reconnaissance assets, FMF Recon and MarDiv Recon, widely use combat diving. Most of the training in combatant diving is done at night.

Another DI Entry

Running up and down different decks just wrecking house making recruits dump sea bags and main packs stacking footlockers to block the back hatch. Just pretty much causing Chaos until the kids were loud enough for the Senior to save them.

Another DI Entry

Running up and down different decks just wrecking house making recruits dump sea bags and main packs stacking footlockers to block the back hatch. Just pretty much causing Chaos until the kids were loud enough for the Senior to save them.
I've said before that we still had ALICE packs in 03. Well we also had the metal frames. Packs would go flying while doing stupid shit like that and someone always got nailed in the face so it would put a stop to the games on that day.
Do they still have the old wooden foot lockers?

I've said before that we still had ALICE packs in 03. Well we also had the metal frames. Packs would go flying while doing stupid shit like that and someone always got nailed in the face so it would put a stop to the games on that day.
Do they still have the old wooden foot lockers?
No they are Plastic ones. You can fit more shit in there too , so they can get heavy . I'm not tall but I know how to set up for Olympic lifts so I snatched a pretty heavy one that belonged to this big DUMB retard and threw it in a corner and his eyes got big. Feet are numb now which is better than Blisters.

Hang in there @heavyarms21 ! It's always good to hear the "Boot Camp Diaries"! :)

Did you do the old reliable "Metal trash can down the center aisle as a wakeup call on the first night" yet? :)

That's always an eye grabber!

I saw it sailing past on that first morning and was like...

"What in the BLUE HE//?!?!?!"

BOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

That may not be allowed anymore! :)

'Metal trash can down the center aisle as a wakeup call.' That may not be allowed anymore!
I don't think that is allowed anymore. Too traumatizing. They may try to commit suicide. :eek:
What happened to 'reveille'? Yeah, I think I remember hearing that in some U.S. Army posts. Definitely at West Point.

They scanned the original film reel in 4k. The thing about film is that it has upwards of 8k resolution. This shit is from 1979 but looks amazing.

@Phr3121

They scanned the original film reel in 4k. The thing about film is that it has upwards of 8k resolution. This shit is from 1979 but looks amazing.

@Phr3121

Apocalypse Now is my Moby Dick of films... I've obsessed over having it in every form that I could find it in.

VHS
Laserdisc
DVD
DVD The Complete Dossier (Came packaged like a personnel file with a wax/velcro seal)
Blu-Ray
Blu-Ray (Redux)
4K The Final Cut.

I just HAD to do it...

It was my Moby Dick.

Thanksgiving on Parris Island

Me: HIGH KNEEEES !!!!!!
Them : "HIGH KNEES AYE SIR !!!! "

@Strychnine
"Charlie didn't get much USO, his idea of great R&R was cold rice and a little rat meat." Nice Playboy Huey...

Last edited:
Thanksgiving on Parris Island.
Is the training integrated? Do you work with female recruits? I hear the girls are smarter and tend to ask more questions. Either way, I'm proud of these 'kids' who have decided to join an all volunteer military. The 'bloodline' of future U.S. military manpower (and women). Quite a challenge and commitment this day and age. Some will be in the same spot you are in now a few years down the line. How many will eventually see combat and die as a result of it?

Is the training integrated? Do you work with female recruits? I hear the girls are smarter and tend to ask more questions. Either way, I'm proud of these 'kids' who have decided to join an all volunteer military. The 'bloodline' of future U.S. military manpower (and women). Quite a challenge and commitment this day and age. Some will be in the same spot you are in now a few years down the line. How many will eventually see combat and die as a result of it?

No integration yet.

It's integrated to a Point . Some Companies have 5 Male Platoons and 1 Female Platoon . But the Female Platoon will still have Female Drill Instructors, they will however do the training schedule alongside the Male Platoons, Obstacle Courses, Confidence Course , MCMAP, PFT, CFT , etc . When it is Hygiene time signs will be put up on every deck so Series Commanders of opposite sexes don't walk in on it.

Back