Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

That's good it's worth it to try to set people up on the way out. I just think of all of the people I knew that got out and their plan stopped at going to college.

That is a great start but when you've got a wife kids and bills, no health care, you better have that narrowed down!

That's terrible. I have to sincerely wonder why? That situation does not make sense.
There have been a few similar cases. Usually soldiers who served together in a deployment. "In the Valley of Elah" (2007), a movie based on actual events that portrays exactly that, although the characters' names and locations have been changed. It portrays a military father's search for his son and, after his body is found, subsequent hunt for his son's killers who turn out to be the son's friends from his unit in Iraq. It is based on the facts of the murder case of Richard Davis of Baker Company, 1-15 IN. Davis was an Iraq War veteran who was murdered soon after his return home in 2003. Young soldiers, PTSD, and alcohol make for a bad mixture.

There have been a few similar cases. Usually soldiers who served together in a deployment. "In the Valley of Elah" (2007), a movie based on actual events that portrays exactly that, although the characters' names and locations have been changed. It portrays a military father's search for his son and, after his body is found, subsequent hunt for his son's killers who turn out to be the son's friends from his unit in Iraq. It is based on the facts of the murder case of Richard Davis of Baker Company, 1-15 IN. Davis was an Iraq War veteran who was murdered soon after his return home in 2003. Young soldiers, PTSD, and alcohol make for a bad mixture.
I think I've seen that one. I see those situations where it's a close knit group and bad things happen. If guessed I would guess that often those involved are younger people 20-30s. What struck me a peculiar in the one heavyarms posted was, if I read right, the suspect is a retired E7 Navy submariner, and the victim was a retired O5 Air Force Doctor. What linked these guys? It's bizarre to me.

What struck me a peculiar in the one heavyarms posted was, if I read right, the suspect is a retired E7 Navy submariner, and the victim was a retired O5 Air Force Doctor. What linked these guys? It's bizarre to me.
Yeah, that is weird. I'm sure it involves a woman.

These younger Cats are coming to us in worse and worse shape.

I had 3 Junior Marines have to re-do their PFTs because they failed the 3 mile run so I ran with them and told then not to go below the pace I set for them and they passed comfortably.

Then one of my buddies on Little Creek was conducting a PFT on the 28th and 18 guys failed the goddamn run.

Don't get me wrong we still get a lot of studs that can get 300s but I've never seen so many people just bomb the PFTs mostly in the last couple of years.

I had 3 Junior Marines have to re-do their PFTs because they failed the 3 mile run so I ran with them and told then not to go below the pace I set for them and they passed comfortably.

Then one of my buddies on Little Creek was conducting a PFT on the 28th and 18 guys failed the goddamn run.

Don't get me wrong we still get a lot of studs that can get 300s but I've never seen so many people just bomb the PFTs mostly in the last couple of years.
That's ridiculous. Is the max still 27:59?

That's ridiculous. Is the max still 27:59?
For guys yes. For Girls it's 30:50. Depending on Age.

It's was 2 18 year old girls and a 19 year old male.

I kept in 830 pace . So don't know how they fuck they failed because they paced when I ran with them. Yeah it's slow but far from failing.

I kept in 830 pace . So don't know how they fuck they failed because they paced when I ran with them. Yeah it's slow but far from failing.
Are they on BCP?

How much will failed PT test fuck with promotion? Can’t imagine it reflecting too well.

When I was given my first team I took a chance on a dude that had failed two prior PT test. His run sucked. He was a skinny dude like I was when I joined but he couldn’t run for shit.
My flight commander gave me a choice of dumping him for someone else before training started or take him and help him pass his run during training. If he failed the whole team would be pulled out and given another start date 6 months later. The timing of us starting training on time and finishing on time (4 1/2 months later) impacted a lot of factors and “boxes” that I and the men under me water to check. Stuff like being THE inspection team for nuclear surety inspections and trying out for competition teams all hinged on the fact that you need to finish training and be qual’d.

Long story a little shorter. He passed his run. They allowed me to pace him lol which I didn’t know was allowed. The dude was smart and super intelligent. Plus you look at the other dudes that might fill his spot and you put all your chip on your guy.

How much will failed PT test fuck with promotion? Can’t imagine it reflecting too well.

When I was given my first team I took a chance on a dude that had failed two prior PT test. His run sucked. He was a skinny dude like I was when I joined but he couldn’t run for shit.
My flight commander gave me a choice of dumping him for someone else before training started or take him and help him pass his run during training. If he failed the whole team would be pulled out and given another start date 6 months later. The timing of us starting training on time and finishing on time (4 1/2 months later) impacted a lot of factors and “boxes” that I and the men under me water to check. Stuff like being THE inspection team for nuclear surety inspections and trying out for competition teams all hinged on the fact that you need to finish training and be qual’d.

Long story a little shorter. He passed his run. They allowed me to pace him lol which I didn’t know was allowed. The dude was smart and super intelligent. Plus you look at the other dudes that might fill his spot and you put all your chip on your guy.

They will pretty much be playing catch up for close to a year. They get bare minimum passing points and also it lowers their proficiency points if you are an E-5 and below with a failed PFT you pretty much kiss your career goodbye in 2019.

They will pretty much be playing catch up for close to a year. They get bare minimum passing points and also it lowers their proficiency points if you are an E-5 and below with a failed PFT you pretty much kiss your career goodbye in 2019.
<6>

I know it’s a cliche that the new generation is weaker than the previous.. but it’s true they’re unable to be trained as hard, they're more emotional, weaker in general, and entitled.

I'm a senior NCO have been for a while and the shit I see people do right in front my own eyes is mind blowing. I'm not joking when we have literally been briefed by a sergeants major to expect less from the "new guys."

It's like wtf!? Why are they passing the "rigorous" selection process??? I don't see "other" units dealing with that shit.

Their Cpls fucking failed them. That shit is a direct reflection of their immediate NCOs. A PFT should be a fucking day off PT wise. That just pisses me off.

Back