Military "disability" - they are freely handing these out

The issue is that they aren't disabled but gaming the system. Its widespread. If you live in a military city you'd realize something was up by the number of DV plates you pass every day or see in front of a golds gym.

Coming out of basic is an automatic 50%. Most veterans go for the 70% rate as that is when you get DV plates.

va-disability-pay-rates-and-charts.jpg
50% lol. No.
Your buddy is very wrong on what it takes to qualify for disability through the VA. There's TONS of veterans out there still fighting for disability. There is no "50% for boot camp" or "20% deployment / PTSD." Your buddy is just flat out wrong or he's trying to bullshit you for a specific reason.

I did 4 tours of duty...first was a MEU "float" which left 9 days after 9/11 happened. We ended up in Pakistan and Afghanistan (I stayed in Pakistan) as part of Operation Enduring Freedom. My next 3 deployments were to Iraq...in 2003 when we ousted that piece of shit Saddam. My next was 2004 when we pushed into Fallujah, and another tour in Fallujah in 2006. I was never injured in combat but did see some pretty heavy stuff... during my 2004 deployment my tank alone shot over 300 main gun rounds...actually so many that it was noteworthy on my personal award citation. LMAO
We got blown up by an anti-tank mine in the 2004 deployment but no injuries, and I hit 3 IED's in the 2006 deployment and no injuries.

In 2008 I fucked up my shoulder while playing with my dog...we were playing tug of war (German Shepherd) and he yanked me tripped me and I fell right into a tree stump. It separated the A/C joint requiring reconstructive surgery...my Medical Officer misdianosed the issue and bascially just called me a pussy for 7 months...until my clavicle traveled over 2" and was sticking up and and making a huge bulge in my skin. Then I finally got the treatment I needed after I suffered through 7 months of severe pain and still had to do my normal day to day stuff. I ended up with 60% disability which includes the fucked up shoulder, PTSD, hearing loss, and they made us take Mefloquine during the "float" as an anti-malaria drug. Come to find out that it has some brutal side effects which can permanently alter thoughts and "perceptions of reality."

From the CDC on Mefloquine side effects :
Mefloquine can cause dizziness, difficulty sleeping, anxiety, vivid dreams, and visual disturbances. In rare instances mefloquine can cause seizures, depression, and psychosis

The PTSD was only in my record because I had a bad drinking problem which was medically diagnosed as PTSD. I had to go to a psychologist, do a 2 week in patient alcohol "rehab" course, and that's the only reason it's even on my record book. They don't just put PTSD in your book because you deployed...doesn't happen.

So I ended up at 60% after all that horseshit...9 years of beating up my body and constantly deploying or being in a pre-deployment tempo where we were busy as fuck. I know tons of guys who did the same tours as me but ended up getting out with 0% disability and had a hard time even getting their hearing loss "service connected." I'm writing all of this just to let you know that it's a complicated and drawn out process...nobody is getting shit just because they made it through Air Force boot camp. Did those fuckers get hurt while riding their bicycle? LMAO

Edit : @Ophydian ...NOBODY is coming out of boot camp with an automatic 50% disability. And what the fuck do you mean "they all go for 70%?" You are so far off that it's not even funny.
<Bottle.gif>

hey-you guys relieved us! i was in jacobobad for a month and a half; we left the ships and started out in pasni, then made our way up to guard the airbase up there.

separation physicals can be done up to 12 months before eaos. most of us got them done early but did a lot of field time before we got out, so any changes afterwards weren't captured. my separation physical noted a 5 decibel difference in one ear compared to my baseline audio exam; military wont do anything unless its a 10 decibel difference. the audio exams that the military did was the push the button when you heard a tone; they didnt do what the VA does, which includes the tone test and a whisper test where you listen to the word and have to say it out.

most of us were young and dumb and didnt check any of the boxes; we wanted to get out and didnt want anything delaying it. nonetheless, i submitted my claims last november; should get something back by march

That's crazy man...nobody I know (outside of my platoon of tankers) has ever heard of PAF Pasni before. haha Our "slogan" for that 3 months of roving duty was "PAF Pasni : Been where, done what?" haha

When it comes to final physicals maybe it was just my units SOP, but they always had us do them in the last 30 days before EAS / retirement. After this you were excluded from unit PT so as not to hurt yourself during those last couple of weeks and need to redo the final physical. We were all the same with the final physical stuff and just wanted to be done with the paperwork so we just checked "NO" on everything. I had a final physical as I was getting out in 2004, but had the chance to extend to go to Fallujah, so I jumped on that..ended up reenlisting while in country after getting super motivated after some pretty intense combat. My next final physical was much different as I'd had my shoulder reconstructed, my lower back was pretty messed up, knees were messed up, hearing was fucked, and my consumption of alcohol had skyrocketed. I got out of the Corps ~35 days after my shoulder surgery and I was still pretty physically screwed up...only had 2 rehab sessions for the surgery before I hit my EAS.

PTSD is for life

no cure in sight

other than that check being dropped off for the rest of your life

Oooooooh you're not allowed to talk about this. You're a terrorist now. Gwantanomo.

anyone know anything about 100% disability for PTSD for MST? i got a tenant who is waiting on this rating

I question the validity of most these claims.

Its obvious most of you are speculating and just pulling shit out of your asses.

You mpther fuckers rely on Web MD to diagnose yourselves and think you get to put a barometer on someone elses level of pain and suffering?

Fuck outta here.

I dont give a fuck how or where they were when they got hurt.

Neither should you.

"Ehh he/she never passed basic and took a header off a confidence ladder"

Bet you'd want some compensation too, hell.
Do you think that’s unique to this thread

The military also "hands out" a lot of stuff like PT next to active jet runways, ibuprofen instead of surgery, etc.

That's strange my buddy had his humvee hit by an IED. He was the only one to live and has a ton of shrapnel in his body that slowly creeps out of his skin. He get $1600 a month

That's strange my buddy had his humvee hit by an IED. He was the only one to live and has a ton of shrapnel in his body that slowly creeps out of his skin. He get $1600 a month
I think you need to check your privilege
This guy talked to somebody once

Yes, I think it's a huge deal that no one will talk about because its veterans. My buddy, retired airforce has a 70% disability, perfectly fine, goes to the gym every day etc etc. Get a nice fat check every month and DV plates. I talked to him about it and he basically told me that coming out of basic is an automatic 50% disability. If you deployed to the ME and came anywhere near conflict you can add on another 20% easy from PTSD or breathing issues that are non-existent. He was SF (security forces) so he never even saw combat just had a few mortars hit close to the base.
This is why I don't support veterans. Cuz they get everything handed to them for free. They all make fun of drug addicts, the biggest criminals, addicts, and fuck ups I've met in life are former military. And they all get free money and everything handed to them for life. And how do so many of these non-deployed vets have so many mental health problems? How does one get ptsd if you weren't even deployed? The dumbest and laziest people I've met were also former military. Yet they will always get a pass because of the measly 4 years they did in uniform. I scored in the 96th percentile on the asvab, and I was an elite athlete in college,.but you know why they wouldn't take me? A fucking dui. I tried to get my free lunch by joining the military, but nope not me. Sounds like they don't even want to win the war, if they're turning down people like me from the military.

This is why I don't support veterans. Cuz they get everything handed to them for free. They all make fun of drug addicts, the biggest criminals, addicts, and fuck ups I've met in life are former military. And they all get free money and everything handed to them for life. And how do so many of these non-deployed vets have so many mental health problems? How does one get ptsd if you weren't even deployed? The dumbest and laziest people I've met were also former military. Yet they will always get a pass because of the measly 4 years they did in uniform. I scored in the 96th percentile on the asvab, and I was an elite athlete in college,.but you know why they wouldn't take me? A fucking dui. I tried to get my free lunch by joining the military, but nope not me. Sounds like they don't even want to win the war, if they're turning down people like me from the military.

they’re better off without you based on your post

they’re better off without you based on your post

If they don't let me in the military, then obviously they don't wanna win wars. They let anybody in too, you know the fat dummies I've met that are former military? Pathetic

If they don't let me in the military, then obviously they don't wanna win wars. They let anybody in too, you know the fat dummies I've met that are former military? Pathetic
Yeah you definitely needed to have weapons

Tldr?

Fuck up is salty about being denied entry.

I wanted a free lunch like they give in the military. They're the ones that are missing out, not my problem

And still so salty about it.

BTW does the idea of working 60 hours a week sound like free lunch?

Back