Military "disability" - they are freely handing these out

I am proud to have taken a small part in this guys self destruction

Has it been revealed what captainearths previous usernames were? Theres no way this was the first

I know a girl that had a seizure the first week of bootcamp gets paid for life and is considered a veteran

Not gonna lie I kinda feel bad for that dude. Sounds like he needs to take an involuntary vacation at his local rubber room

giphy.webp

the VA is in a tough situation; if they deny the wrong person and they hurt themselves or others, then the VA is liable.

the problem with ptsd is that it affects people differently and most people who have it arent even aware of it unless they are treated. most of us do what we are trained to do, which is to suck it up. the problem with that mentality is we are oblivious to the symptoms (since we are used to it) and try to deal with it on our own, or too stubborn/embarrassed to get help. after years of holding it in, eventually the depression gets the best of us.

i dont talk to too many vets about my ptsd except for the few that are close to me. most of us keep that shit to ourselves but when we do bring it up, its usually to joke/make light of it. personally, i would be a skeptic of anyone that talks about it openly.

Tough situation all around. Mental illness is a mfer for everyone. I hope as a society and in the medical community we advance with solutions and get better treating it.

I see 'CaptainEarth' was banned recently.

@usmctanker242, you have been writing some great stuff in this thread. Keep up the good work. Were you an MOS 1812 in an M1A1 tank? 19K in the U.S. Army. You Armored boys were always smart. Those M1A1s were 'beasts' in the desert and urban terrain.

* Laughing at this thread.
Man. I spent 20 years in the military and came away with no disability pay, just my retirement pension. Maybe I should review my medical records for some 'loophole'. Not sure who these 'fucked up' doctors are who are giving away free taxpayer money for medical bullshit. These folks risk loosing their license to practice and face UCMJ action.

Not sure who these 'fucked up' doctors are who are giving away free taxpayer money for medical bullshit. These folks risk loosing their license to practice and face UCMJ action.

When I was at the VA, physicians weren't allowed to make that diagnosis. It had to go through some formal evaluation by a team headed by a psychologist. So it's the psychologists who are diagnosing these people with PTSD. The problem is there is no objective test you can do and definitely diagnose someone with PTSD. Malingered PTSD is pretty prevalent, at least 20 to 30% they say, but probably higher than that. If someone is smart, familiarizes himself with the symptoms, maybe gets some coaching, then there is a fair chance he will be able to fool the evaluator. There are also the people who are not pure malingerers but consciously overstate their existing symptoms and impairment to get benefits. These people are sometimes very difficult to sort out. There are objective tests designed to try to catch malingerers, but I'm not sure how often they are used outside of the forensic setting.

Members of the Murkan military are reknowned for scamming all sorts of taxpayer money TS.

Haven't you heard the story about the Navy billing the government 500$ for one hammer?

Members of the Murkan military are reknowned for scamming all sorts of taxpayer money TS.

Haven't you heard the story about the Navy billing the government 500$ for one hammer?
I know that story but that’s the stupid aspect of the “use it or lose it” budget the military is stuck with and the navy accounting system is a complete cunt. If I remember right it lists stuff in almost overly simple terms

Back