Military Combative Training Thorough?

Modern Army Combatives Program (MACP) is very basic. Your average BJJ blue belt has about 10x the mat time compared to a level 4 certified MACP soldier.

I got my level 1 certification at Intel School at Ft Huachuca in Arizona years ago. I was a few hours from my level 2 cert. At the time I was BJJ whitebelt with a few years of Nogi grappling under my belt. The certification is mostly to give soldiers confidence, warrior drive and aggression.

The new version is much more weapons retention heavy. You don't learn any Dim Mak or neck breaking.

It's very practical, easy to learn stuff. Extremely basic ground skills and striking. I was told the groundwork is to allow you to survive until your buddy with his gun can come up and shoot the dude in the face.

They are indeed very similar. If that is not allowed, please overlook it as I am new to the forum.

The other thread is more asking what specific TMA's are used. I was hoping to find out how thorough training is in this one. Yes, there is indeed a similarity but they are not identical. I'll perhaps should have asked both questions in one thread. Thanks for pointing this out.

So you are registered in 2012.............and now is 2014..................how the hell are you new to the forum?
I'd be surprise if this isn't some thinly veiled troll thread

So you are registered in 2012.............and now is 2014..................how the hell are you new to the forum?

it is. He keeps making them and does a good job stirring the pot.

Like Ive said, he can go to Jacksonville NC or any other place where Marines hang out and test his mettle.

Can MODS combine this and TS' other TMA in the Military Thread?

Check out my number of posts and the timing of them. I have busy schedule with a family and job, I don't have a lot of online time. By "new to the forum" I was simply referring to the fact that I've never spent a lot of time on here and not very familiar with all the rules. 55 Posts over a matter of 2 years may be a lot to you, especially if a person lurks a lot (which I don't have the privilege to do). However, I have posted more now than ever before and really my first time "on here" (spending more than a glancing comment). That is what I mean by "new to the forum". Also, I read some of the required things but that was a while back, but I can see how you would think that as my join date was indeed 2012. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Like Ive said, he can go to Jacksonville NC or any other place where Marines hang out and test his mettle.

DCSpartan,

What do you know about the Military Combatives Training? I'd appreciate any of your personal knowledge (either real or heard). I am not intending to stir the pot but would appreciate your input.

My thread purpose is really simple, I am curious to know if the mystique surrounding military training (such as in the Marines) is worth it. How thorough is it? Maybe I'm not supposed to ask this in the U.S. Perhaps some just assume they are deadly unarmed hand to hand combat killers. This is a legit question and not against any rules. I have an opinion on this and if there is something to contradict it, I want to know. That's not stirring the pot but rather taking advantage of one of the main purposes of a discussion forum. If you've got something to add, please do so friend.

I'm personally not interested in picking fights with Marines. I have great respect for what they do.

If your argument is that you know some tough marines, what in their training makes them technical fighters? I would appreciate you adding this to your argument as it will help the thread stay on topic.

You have your answer... let this and your other thread die.

Back