Military building quarantine zones all over the US. CDC says Coronavirus likely to spread in US

I am not gonna survive the hordes.

I have very little physical capabilities combat wise and no guns..

And like there is a huge slum area in every direction.. Read about the Chinese Riots of Jakarta what happened to Chinese women there is truelly gruesome.
If Sherbros gotta plan a rescue mission to keep you out of a makeshift brothel earning ramen packs on your back send up the bat signal.

If Sherbros gotta plan a rescue mission to keep you out of a makeshift brothel earning ramen packs on your back send up the bat signal.

If get skinny they will fuck me.. If I get too fat.. They will eat me!!!!

If get skinny they will fuck me.. If I get too fat.. They will eat me!!!!
Don't worry Shin. Odds are good you won't get turned into a ramen earning brothel sandwich.

It may peak in China sometime this month and start dying down. It may not spread through the US if we're lucky. So far, so good.

It may peak in China sometime this month and start dying down. It may not spread through the US if we're lucky. So far, so good.

Why would it peak and why wouldn’t it spread here?

Any sources?

I don’t deny that could be true because SARS had 100 plus cases in US and not shit happened

Why would it peak and why wouldn’t it spread here?

Any sources?

I don’t deny that could be true because SARS had 100 plus cases in US and not shit happened

Just based on some computer modeling. Could possibly be dying down later this month, at least in China. But it could be getting footing in other countries with poor health systems and could potentially ravage places like Africa and SE Asia. Time will tell.

It's only been imported here to the US and spread with close household members. It's not spreading through the community. We have taken steps to prevent its spread, like not allowing entry of non-citizens who have traveled through China in the last weeks, closely monitoring US citizens who have passed through China within the last couple weeks, airport screenings, quarantines, etc. Seems the risk for most of us would be pretty low.

Just based on some computer modeling. Could possibly be dying down later this month, at least in China. But it could be getting footing in other countries with poor health systems and could potentially ravage places like Africa and SE Asia. Time will tell.

It's only been imported here to the US and spread with close household members. It's not spreading through the community. We have taken steps to prevent its spread, like not allowing entry of non-citizens who have traveled through China in the last weeks, closely monitoring US citizens who have passed through China within the last couple weeks, airport screenings, quarantines, etc. Seems the risk for most of us would be pretty low.

I fear for the South East Asian sector we are overcrowded and corrupt officials have bankrupt the health system.

And if you have seen the slums here where houses are packed densely it will spread quickly hopefully the hotter weather coming in April will stop the virus.

I really don't know I really don't know.

They'll have a problem getting people into camps in the States. Too many people conditioned and ready to believe these camps are about more than just Corona virus regardless of who says otherwise. Hell, illegals alone might think they'll get deported if they end up in a camp and found out.
American fear, access to firearms , and a broken healthcare system. What could go wrong?

The panic in this thread...holy shit. @VivaRevolution you ok, bro?

I can see being prepared but your acting like this is a guaranteed apocalypse.

The panic in this thread...holy shit. @VivaRevolution you ok, bro?

I can see being prepared but your acting like this is a guaranteed apocalypse.

I really don't think I am panicking.

I think this is likely to end in a global pandemic, but a 3% mortality rate isn't something to really panic about.

The impact in financial markets is probably far more serious than the outbreak itself.

This virus could be like SARS or it could be like the Spanish Flu. Better to treat the situation like it's going to be like the Spanish Flu just in case.

Getting caught with our dick in the wind

That is a bizzare nonsensical saying
It follows in the same analogy vein of pissing into the wind.

It follows in the same analogy vein of pissing into the wind.

Pissing in the wind makes perfect sense as an idiom

Pissing in the wind also refers to doing something futile which will backfire which makes no sense in his reference

Something like getting caught with our pants down is more of a correct term

Dick in the wind is just nonsense in terms of being an idiom and in relation to his post

Military preparing quarantine centers for coronavirus patients in US, Pentagon says

Eleven military bases near major airports in the United States are setting up quarantine centers for possible coronavirus patients, the Department of Defense said.

The Department of Health and Human Services asked the Pentagon for quarantine space in case beds fill up at other coronavirus centers around the country, according to a DOD statement.

The Pentagon already agreed to house up to 1,000 people for quarantine after they returned to the United States from areas with the virus, the Associated Press reports.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article240078853.html

Community spread of new coronavirus in US 'likely': CDC

Top health officials prepped Americans for the prospect of novel coronavirus spreading in communities in the United States during a Wednesday news conference.

"At some point, we we are likely to see community spread in the U.S.," said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/community-spread-of-new-coronavirus-in-us-likely-cdc/ar-BBZUQt1

I don't know what to say here.

I could talk about how I think this is going to wreck Trump's economy, and have a great impact on the 2020 elections.

I could talk about how dangerous this is to a global economy.

But, I don't think that is really the story here.

The story is that we can clearly see this is most likely going to become a global pandemic, and that we will see forced quarantines in the US of massive amounts of the population.

Discuss.......

If this doesn’t turn into a pandemic, will you be more skeptical of predicted ones in the future?

SARS didn't have an R.0. of 4. That's really the problem with this CV thing, it spreads incredibly rapidly, SARS didn't. It will be a miracle if we get this stopped before it infects hundreds of millions and really takes a toll.

I really don't think I am panicking.

I think this is likely to end in a global pandemic, but a 3% mortality rate isn't something to really panic about.

The impact in financial markets is probably far more serious than the outbreak itself.

I'm not convinced of our safety yet, that 3% mortality is a mother fucker bro. I've told people this in the other thread. Spanish Flu infected 500 million people, that was one third the population of Earth at the time. If Corona virus infected one third Earth's population that would that would be 2 billion people. 3% mortality would be 60,000,000 deaths.

GKAM1.gif

What is that from?

Dude looks like he could have been on the Monty Python cast.

Back