Military building quarantine zones all over the US. CDC says Coronavirus likely to spread in US

Not sure what you're getting at here buddy? Are you implying I don't read?

No, I'm implying that you don't know history, or you don't care.

The last major pandemic was 100 years ago. It infected 500 million people which was a third of Earth's population and it killed so many people we have to guess the numbers which range from 20-100 million dead. If a pandemic today infected one third of Earth's population it would be over 2 billion infected. Even if the mortality rate is only 2%, that today would equal 40,000,000 dead. That is the possibility you are looking at with this virus and even if its not this one, there is most certainly one coming that will get the job done.

That isn't fear mongering as you said in post #19, that's simply knowing the truth of it.

Sounds like a good time to be a deplorable living in a fly over state.

Guess the city slickers can keep their viruses all to themselves.

<13>

No, I'm implying that you don't know history, or you don't care.

The last major pandemic was 100 years ago. It infected 500 million people which was a third of Earth's population and it killed so many people we have to guess the numbers which range from 20-100 million dead. If a pandemic today infected one third of Earth's population it would be over 2 billion infected. Even if the mortality rate is only 2%, that today would equal 40,000,000 dead. That is the possibility you are looking at with this virus and even if its not this one, there is most certainly one coming that will get the job done.

That isn't fear mongering as you said in post #19, that's simply knowing the truth of it.
I'm definitely more concerned over this shit right now. But you can't deny the level of fear mongering in the media is ridiculous. Not just for this situation, but every situation, they promote doom and gloom. That's the only point I was making.

I'm definitely more concerned over this shit right now. But you can't deny the level of fear mongering in the media is ridiculous. Not just for this situation, but every situation, they promote doom and gloom. That's the only point I was making.

The media has become addicted to the "if it bleeds it leads" mentality and I think its backfired on them substantially because people are more aware of the propaganda and sometimes out right lies they peddle. It didn't used to be that way in America. There was a time when the media was way better at actually just reporting news but without the stink of hard left and right leaning.

LA is done for. Major tourist destination. That amount people in that space, the homeless population, poor hygiene and warm weather. Hopefully they'll come up with a vaccine sooner than later.

Cant say I have. Had something similar happen though.

760 isnt bad for there. I think I paid 700 there 5 years ago.
Sorry to hear that man. I mean the history, not the rent.

Yeah I can't complain, the only thing that sucks is the commute because I work in south, south Lakeland, almost Bartow and 98 is the worst road that was ever constructed, worse than 275.

But next beer is on me mate

They'll have a problem getting people into camps in the States. Too many people conditioned and ready to believe these camps are about more than just Corona virus regardless of who says otherwise. Hell, illegals alone might think they'll get deported if they end up in a camp and found out.

LA is done for. Major tourist destination. That amount people in that space, the homeless population, poor hygiene and warm weather. Hopefully they'll come up with a vaccine sooner than later.
So is Miami. Goddamn petri dish. My only saving grace is that it's highly unlikely that they would come to Lakeland, much more likely they'd head to Tampa or Orlando in the event of an outbreak. Still it's not much of a comfort. And given that we don't have any idea what the incubation period is I can't in good conscience go up to TN where my parents are because I don't want to risk infecting them.

Honestly that last part may be the thing that does everyone in. Most people are so self-centered that once they know they're infected, they just don't care about who else gets it.

So is Miami. Goddamn petri dish. My only saving grace is that it's highly unlikely that they would come to Lakeland, much more likely they'd head to Tampa or Orlando in the event of an outbreak. Still it's not much of a comfort. And given that we don't have any idea what the incubation period is I can't in good conscience go up to TN where my parents are because I don't want to risk infecting them.

Honestly that last part may be the thing that does everyone in. Most people are so self-centered that once they know they're infected, they just don't care about who else gets it.

I think the incubation period is now figured to be 24 days. Best thing is to have the same attitude towards it as you would the flu. Just good hand hygiene is the best prevention. I wouldn't purchase an underground shelter just yet :) The reason I mentioned LA is mainly because of the homeless population so it's going to run through that place like wildfire and I don't think local health officials will be able to cope.

I think the incubation period is now figured to be 24 days. Best thing is to have the same attitude towards it as you would the flu. Just good hand hygiene is the best prevention. I wouldn't purchase an underground shelter just yet :) The reason I mentioned LA is mainly because of the homeless population so it's going to run through that place like wildfire and I don't think local health officials will be able to cope.
California is done. Imagine the smell

Have no fear we are assembling a group of Florida Sherdoggers to send this illegal virus back to where it came from.

Join @AlexDB9, @Wadtucket and myself in filling the peninsula with uppercuts.

so in Florida, If anyone saw 3 people in the middle of a field doing this,
latest

They may wonder what the fuck. Most of the nation would be like “ah Floridamen”, while we would be like “ah Sherdoggers”

latest

They may wonder what the fuck. Most of the nation would be like “ah Floridamen”, while we would be like “ah Sherdoggers”
I'll stream it

latest

Corona Punch!

latest

Now you need nifty Corona Defense Force League shirts so it's official.

I'll stream it

Corona Punch!
I need to get a Kickstarter going so we can turn this into a movie.

Of course not.

But like I have been saying for a while now, this is likely the biggest story of our life times, the media just hasn't told you this yet.

oooooooooooook, then. there goes all hope of ever taking you seriously.

exactly right.

have at least a month supply of food. and be well armed. as I mentioned in the other thread, desperate people do desperate things.

I am not gonna survive the hordes.

I have very little physical capabilities combat wise and no guns..

And like there is a huge slum area in every direction.. Read about the Chinese Riots of Jakarta what happened to Chinese women there is truelly gruesome.

Back