Military building quarantine zones all over the US. CDC says Coronavirus likely to spread in US

I just don't buy it. These things never turn out to be the big one.

We could make a bet if you want. Our current bet is basically settled at this point.

Hey, you could be right. I don't have any smoking gun here.

The information that is available, leads me to believe this is very serious.

Did you see the Chinese numbers spike today, because they changed the diagnoses criteria?

It used to be that the only way you could be diagnosed, was if you tested positive with a testing kit, which they ran out of.

They changed it to flu symptoms plus
pneumonia, and the cases spiked.

I think containment has been lost in China, and if the R Naught is indeed 4, this will become a global pandemic.

Ok? So.... no quarantine for orlando then. Or tampa. Jacksonville.

Gonna have a real hard time quarantining people with that.

First steps man. As others have pointed out, they also have these massive FEMA camps that can be activated.

Did you see the Chinese numbers spike today, because they changed the diagnoses criteria?

It used to be that the only way you could be diagnosed, was if you tested positive with a testing kit, which they ran out of.

I think containment has been lost in China, and if the R Naught is indeed 4, this will become a global pandemic.
It also was a 2 day incubation period. Then it turned into 2-7. Then it mixed with HIV and was 2 - 14. Then it was 24 days. I'm not sure if they upped it from that point but I'm expecting it's now a 6 month thing and carries syphilis.

We have like 8 billion people on earth, its not like we a going to notice losing a few thousand. Hell, even a few million will barely make a difference. I still hope we can contain the virus to affect as few people as possible.

First steps man. As others have pointed out, they also have these massive FEMA camps that can be activated.

FEMA? they cant get supplies after a hurricane, let alone become the largest human movement in american history.

There are no massive FEMA concentration camps. I wish I could believe the government was competent enough to pull that off.

Anyone here can do something to protect themselves. The worst it could happen is needing it and not having it so please be wise and prepare as best as you can. This won't be the apocalypse but maybe we'll have to stay in for a while. Who knows? Just be smart and get ready.

Contagion is a good movie.

Anyone here can do something to protect themselves. The worst it could happen is needing it and not having it so please be wise and prepare as best as you can. This won't be the apocalypse but maybe we'll have to stay in for a while. Who knows? Just be smart and get ready.

That is very sound advise.

exactly right.

have at least a month supply of food. and be well armed. as I mentioned in the other thread, desperate people do desperate things.

GKAM1.gif

It's going to be a lot worse here than in China. The military can't go around locking people up inside their houses

Have no fear we are assembling a group of Florida Sherdoggers to send this illegal virus back to where it came from.

Join @AlexDB9, @Wadtucket and myself in filling the peninsula with uppercuts.

Sorry, as a leftist I cant do that. I am somehow both for open borders for plague refugees, while at the same time setting up FEMA concentration camps for them.

I always wonder how people justify these kind of polar opposite conspiracies in their head

exactly right.

have at least a month supply of food. and be well armed. as I mentioned in the other thread, desperate people do desperate things.

That's just kinda good advice in a general. Natural disasters happen

That's just kinda good advice in a general. Natural disasters happen

it is.

I was just doing an inventory of our pantry. as I mentioned in another thread it would only last us a month ...and that's if we rationed carefully. we only have one case of water. Thankfully it rains a lot in Seattle.

Back