Social Mild mood disorder?

It's cause. Taking painkillers and drinking will not make you bipolar. But mentally ill people will try to self-medicate.
“Bipolar” is simply a grouping of certain symptoms with a specific course…

“According to the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition (DSM-5) and the American Psychological Association, bipolar spectrum disorders, formerly called manic-depressive illness, represents a group of disorders that cause extreme fluctuation in a person’s mood, energy, and ability to function, in which symptoms of mania and depression alternate.”

Alcohol and opiates can most certainly cause these types of symptoms, and you can’t actually diagnose a person with “bipolar” of any kind if they’re using or have used in the recent past (it’s actually in the DSM that drug use MUST be ruled out first).

Unfortunately, that doesn’t stop medical doctors from diagnosing bipolar conditions so that they can then medicate with mood stabilizers (ie medical straight jacket).

I think feeling up and down is normal of the human condition. It only becomes an issue when it's too long and it happens too frequently. Nobody is free of feeling down.

“Bipolar” is simply a grouping of certain symptoms with a specific course…

“According to the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition (DSM-5) and the American Psychological Association, bipolar spectrum disorders, formerly called manic-depressive illness, represents a group of disorders that cause extreme fluctuation in a person’s mood, energy, and ability to function, in which symptoms of mania and depression alternate.”

Alcohol and opiates can most certainly cause these types of symptoms, and you can’t actually diagnose a person with “bipolar” of any kind if they’re using or have used in the recent past (it’s actually in the DSM that drug use MUST be ruled out first).

Unfortunately, that doesn’t stop medical doctors from diagnosing bipolar conditions so that they can then medicate with mood stabilizers (ie medical straight jacket).
Everything is always a conspiracy.

Little you say is true or makes sense. The world must be a scary place for you.
Nothing I wrote is inaccurate, I’m guessing that’s why you’re not actually trying to refute it, but rather resorting to ad-hominem BS… par for the course with you.

Alcohol and opiates...you can’t actually diagnose a person with “bipolar” of any kind if they’re using or have used in the recent past

Not true.

What incentive would someone have for medicating someone who doesn't need medication? What makes a medication a "medical straight jacket"?

Not true.
Straight from the DSM-5: “The episode is not attributable to the physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication, or other treatment) or to another medical condition.”

The effects of substance abuse can persist for months after abstinence in some cases, and so sustained sobriety is critical in order to properly diagnose a mood disorder.

What incentive would someone have for medicating someone who doesn't need medication? What makes a medication a "medical straight jacket"?

What incentive would a medical doctor have for prescribing a medication? Seriously? What else are they going to do when a disturbed person comes in?

Regarding my straight jacket comment, this is a well known method of controlling patients’ mood and behavior.

“Atypical antipsychotic drugs are relatively new type of chemical restraints and have a better side effect profile than benzodiazepines and typical antipsychotics. Studies indicate that atypical antipsychotic drugs are effective in controlling acute psychosis in patients with a known psychiatric disorder such as:
Some clinical trials have demonstrated better efficacy in achieving rapid sedation with a combination therapy of one benzodiazepineand one typical antipsychotic drug.”

https://www.medicinenet.com/what_is_an_example_of_chemical_restraint/article.htm

Unfortunately, medicating children inappropriately is also a concerning trend.

Drugging detained children is like using a chemical straitjacket

https://theconversation.com/amp/dru...-is-like-using-a-chemical-straitjacket-102394

‘Chemical straightjackets’: Missouri sued for overmedicating foster kids

https://fromthetrenchesworldreport....ssouri-sued-overmedicating-foster-kids/200758

Last edited:
Straight from the DSM-5: “The episode is not attributable to the physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication, or other treatment) or to another medical condition.”

The effects of substance abuse can persist for months after abstinence in some cases, and so sustained sobriety is critical in order to properly diagnose a mood disorder.

You don't have to be sober from opioids or alcohol for months before diagnosing someone with bipolar disorder.

What incentive would a medical doctor have for prescribing a medication? Seriously? What else are they going to do when a disturbed person comes in?
If their condition doesn't warrant medication, then you tell them they don't require medication.

Regarding my straight jacket comment, this is a well known method of controlling patients’ mood and behavior.
Atypical antipsychotic
You said mood stabilizers were chemical straight jackets that doctors like to prescribe to control people when they aren't indicated. That sounds like quite a claim, but I would expect nothing less from you.

Well this often happen: as you get older, you slowly stop getting happy without a reason. Meaning you dont get happy without something big happening.

What is something big? Getting laid, winning something, eating a amazing meal, someone giving you good feedback, ect.

The longer you go back, young 20s, teenager, kids, toddler, the more happy you are with "nothing".. or just the small things in life.

Now this dont happen to everybody. And if you experience going down that road, you can indeed fight it.

Thats the good news.

Big disagree lol. I was miserable all the time as a kid, teenager, and in my 20s. I was much more moody and prone to being bummed out about this or that. Basically I was much more dramatic at that time. The older I get, the happier and especially more content I am, like with small stuff

Back