Mikey Garcia vs Sándor Martin DAZN Oct.16th

Martin is the best opponent they could come up with? I mean, he's not awful at 38-2 but with only 13 KOs to his credit, he certainly can't crack an egg. So, I doubt if he'll be able to keep Garcia off of him. Therefore we're likely looking at a late-round stoppage by Mikey or a one-sided decision win.

Martin is the best opponent they could come up with? I mean, he's not awful at 38-2 but with only 13 KOs to his credit, he certainly can't crack an egg. So, I doubt if he'll be able to keep Garcia off of him. Therefore we're likely looking at a late-round stoppage by Mikey or a one-sided decision win.
Matchroom USA has left a lot to be desired this year …. Bad matchmaking

is this at 140?

i would love to see mikey stay there and fight taylor eventually.

or tank! my god, what a great fight that would be.

I just checked out a few highlights of Sandor Martin on YouTube, he looks like he could be a pretty worthy opponent for Mikey Garcia. I’m interested. Loved Garcia’s last fight vs. Vargas

oh for fuck's sake. a 10 round, 147lbs fight.

why in the fuck is he still fighting at welterweight?

He sees something in the Welterweight division.
What that is nobody knows but he sees it
So weird how he is making these bad decisions, didn’t he take a break to reassess his life and the potential consequences from boxing?

He sees something in the Welterweight division.
What that is nobody knows but he sees it
I agree that he shouldn't be at 147 but he is there for the same reason that other fighters have been in weight classes they are too small for. Which is the money.

I agree that he shouldn't be at 147 but he is there for the same reason that other fighters have been in weight classes they are too small for. Which is the money.
you think sandor martin is a bigger fight than say, josh taylor or gervonta davis? or teofimo lopez or lomachenko?

mikey is a big enough name to only fight the big fights from now on. his campaigning at 147 is dumb.

you think sandor martin is a bigger fight than say, josh taylor or gervonta davis? or teofimo lopez or lomachenko?

mikey is a big enough name to only fight the big fights from now on. his campaigning at 147 is dumb.
Obviously it's not a bigger fight than against any of those fighter's that you have mentioned.

Obviously it's not a bigger fight than against any of those fighter's that you have mentioned.
what i meant to say is, he could get the biggest money fights available to him if he moved out of 147. he had his spence fight at WW, he beat vargas impressively, but it's not like every champ at 147 is hoping to fight him... and this fight proves it.

him staying at 147 makes no sense from any perspective, to be honest.

Back