Mikey Garcia vs Lomachenko

Crccr

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
mikey looked fantastic before his temporary retirement and completely outclassed Salido, how do you guys think a fight with lomachenko would've went?

Garcia would have stopped him then, now, it's close and I lean towards Garcia

Quitting on his stool is "completely outclassing" Salido?

2 year layoff in your prime is going to put a lot of rust on you. Need to see how he looks again

Mikey Garcia beat the shit out of Salido. Salido panicked and head butted Mikey in the nose.

79-70, 79-69 and 79-69.

Start at 3:00. Robert Garcia actually predicts a dirty headbutt in the corner right before it happens. Salido is kind of a dirty piece of shit.

Last edited:
He didn't quit. Doctor forced it to stop.
He didn't even sit on the stool.
Mikey could have beaten Solido even after the headbutt broke his nose, with one hand behind his back. That's how outclassed he was.

He didn't quit. Doctor forced it to stop.
He didn't even sit on the stool.
Mikey could have beaten Solido even after the headbutt broke his nose, with one hand behind his back. That's how outclassed he was.
What fight gets stopped for a broken nose? Complete bullshit doctors stoppage. Quitting is losing, in my book.

Gotta believe that he took that time off for some kind of reason... I think he found his limit and didn't like that feeling..Im a Garcia fan, but I think Loma beats the mess out of him

What fight gets stopped for a broken nose? Complete bullshit doctors stoppage. Quitting is losing, in my book.
quitting can lead to an official win? damn, Why don't more fighters do that?
I'll go sign pro right now, and beat Floyd's streak this year!

Ill hold my breath on fights on that level happening in that weight range

It would be great tho

quitting can lead to an official win? damn, Why don't more fighters do that?!
Usually not, but it did for Garcia. It did work for Hopkins against Dawson though. How many fights have you seen stopped for a broken nose? Why not stop fights for broken hands? Maybe Haye's loss to Wlad should be overturned because he hurt his toe!

They saw that Garcia was starting to fade and they played that doctor and unbelievably that doctor actually took the bait. Still can't believe it.

Usually not, but it did for Garcia. It did work for Hopkins against Dawson though. How many fights have you seen stopped for a broken nose? Why not stop fights for broken hands? Maybe Haye's loss to Wlad should be overturned because he hurt his toe!

They saw that Garcia was starting to fade and they played that doctor and unbelievably that doctor actually took the bait. Still can't believe it.

If Mikey was fading, then why did Salido feel the need to headbutt him? You would think, if he had any hope of winning, he would try to beat him fairly.

If Mikey was fading, then why did Salido feel the need to headbutt him? You would think, if he had any hope of winning, he would try to beat him fairly.
I guess you've never seen Salido fight? Asking why Salido headbutts is like asking why Hopkins falls on the floor grasping some body part looking for a DQ win. Its what he does.

I guess you've never seen Salido fight? Asking why Salido headbutts is like asking why Hopkins falls on the floor grasping some body part looking for a DQ win. Its what he does.

Sounds like Salido got his ass beat for 7 rounds, was down by 10 points going into the 8th, so he intentionally headbutted Garcia in the nose in a desperate attempt to cause injury. He did cause injury, and lost the fight.

Sounds like Salido got his ass beat for 7 rounds, was down by 10 points going into the 8th, so he intentionally headbutted Garcia in the nose in a desperate attempt to cause injury. He did cause injury, and lost the fight.
Yeah, its not rare for Salido to be down on points and fight rough and dirty and pull out a win. ITs a lot less rare than fights being stopped for broken noses.

Yeah, its not rare for Salido to be down on points and fight rough and dirty and pull out a win. ITs a lot less rare than fights being stopped for broken noses.

Let's hear an example of a time Salido was down by, let's cut it in half and say five points, and came back to win.

Let's hear an example of a time Salido was down by, let's cut it in half and say five points, and came back to win.

Thats pretty specific. I can think of several fights where he was behind, dropped etc and came back to win. Its also not rare for fighters to be way behind and win by KO late in the fight.
I'm still waiting on your examples of fights getting stopped for a broken nose.

Let's see how he does in his performance on Saturday against Rojas. He's been out for a very long time.

Back