Mikey Garcia vs Dejan Zlaticanin on 10/15

Probably a Showtime card. I hope Danny/Berto is the main event.

Meh. Not really sure what Garcia has done to deserve a shot at a title already but whatever.

Seeing Garcia fight for a title before the end of 2016 would have seemed somewhat unlikely only a short time ago.

Does Garcia have a promoter?

apparently the deal isn't finalized, but they're shooting for it

Zlaticanin is a good fighter. Mikey should school him, but Dejan is solid

apparently the deal isn't finalized, but they're shooting for it

Zlaticanin is a good fighter. Mikey should school him, but Dejan is solid
Garcia apparently is targeting Flanagan, as Verdejo is sidelined for awhile, although he would also be open to Zlaticanin as well.

Zlaticanin was supposed to fight Terry, but the fight fell through. I thought he was now gonna fight the guy that beat Jamal Herring

I feel kinda bad for Zlaticanin, he's been on a good run and was supposed to fight Linares, then Linares pulled out, now Terry won't fight him and Mikey's possibly looking elsewhere.

If what B says is true, Shafikov is decent.

I thought I recall reading that they were trying to line up a fight between Verdejo and Terry but once he got injured in a motorcycle accident that wouldn't be possible in the near future at least and Juan Diaz was looking to fill Verdejo's spot. Could still be a decent scrap.

A lot of interesting matchups possible in the lightweight division. Two undefeated Ring rated fighters, Commey and Easter, sqaure off in early September too.

Back