Mikey Berimbolo System

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by yetanother, Nov 5, 2020.

1. yetanother Black Belt

Are you watching it too?

Have been watching it and drilling it recently and I like it a lot.
    A fuckton of details for everything, it's well organised and it has a lot of stuff I haven't seen as a bjj nerd who has watched everything berimbolo related.

2. Solidus Snake Purple Belt

I haven't watched the dvd, but it impressed me he said under a Bjj fanatics clip he posted on the same fb group, that it's ok to "invert" going towards the leg, in a way that would put a lot less pressure if any on the back.

It used to be a big no no years ago when discussed here.

cugnao likes this.
  3. Chandler sama Green Belt

I'm thinking of picking this up when it's on sale. Mikey is an expert of this technique and seems to have put a lot of work into explaining the details of it. He said he's coming out with more on the same system that involves crab rides and leg entanglement reversals.

cugnao likes this.
  4. yetanother Black Belt

You mean inverting "over your face" aka the facebolo? Seen that shown by the Mendes bros as a collar grip counter years ago.

dimmyfinster likes this.
  5. yetanother Black Belt

There is ton of details for sure. There is a lot to learn OTOH vs using a few moves and scrambling more.

6. Solidus Snake Purple Belt

I guess so? I must have missed it cause I can't remember Rafa showing it. I personally used to compare it (I mean just the rolling movement portion) with the classic back take from top slx (the one Buchecha did to Rodolfo years ago).

Iirc the same movement from the berimbolo was kinda frowned upon when I talked about it years ago on F12, but maybe I'm just amplifiying my perception from a couple comments.

7. rmongler Black Belt

8. BJJ Coffee Drinker Amateur Fighter

I remember Rafa teaching it years ago in one of the videos on their online website years ago

dimmyfinster likes this.
  9. dimmyfinster Blue Belt

I think it's super detailed, but almost in the wrong order.

Meaning the hardest part about Berimbolo is getting them down. And before that, the fight when they push down your DLR or push away your far leg.

I would rather have that DVD first, since it comes up more often.

Don't get me wrong I really like this stuff and can't wait to try it.

10. nefti Silver Belt

This. Its all about getting their but on the mat

11. Chandler sama Green Belt

I think he said that is coming, but he said he wanted to show this as the 1st part of the system and then do stuff like the crab ride and the knock downs later. I imagine he'll need to put all of it on separate volumes if he has this much info on just the inversion and the backtake.

12. yetanother Black Belt

Depends, I find getting people on their butts easy.
    You need to off balance them by pulling them in the direction they are not basing.
    You can off balance left/right/forward. When you off balance left and they are rebasing right you need to off balance forward. Was putting the local pan ams black belt medalist at will with this before he learned to just go down on his knee if his out of balance.

RyanR likes this.
  13. RyanR Black Belt

this has been my experience as well. My bolo game is pretty bad but I find that getting someone onto the ground is relatively easy in the gi.

14. yetanother Black Belt

What's more difficult for me is to get a clean berimbolo entry. Starting from a fucked up berimbolo makes all later on stuff much more difficult.

15. GordoBarraBJJ Titanium Belt

He has 2 Berimbolo dvds and they're now 50% off (bjj fantics black friday sale)

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections...ystem-part-1-the-foundation-by-mikey-musumeci

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections/all/products/the-berimbolo-system-by-mikey-musumeci

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections/all/products/the-berimbolo-system-part-2-by-mikey-musumeci

If you're ever going to pull the gun on buying bjj fanatics overpriced and under quality stuff now is the time.

dimmyfinster likes this.
  16. yetanother Black Belt

The quality of the set is good. Their website is utter shit but they offer a download option.

17. GordoBarraBJJ Titanium Belt

I'm going to get at least oneof the striking instructional's (probably Alex Periera) but I was really disappointed after purchasing the Marcelo Guillotine instructional only to find out that it was just clips put together from his website.

I did notice that the clip from his berimbolo dvd looked pretty decent (compared to some of their other stuff which is really lacking in the production value department.)

18. yetanother Black Belt

The visual quality of the berimbolo DVD is good enough to the point I do not notice it.

19. HunterAcosta Brown Belt

If you’re gonna get a striking instructional on dynamic striking get Jean Charles Skarbowsky beginner and intermediate . 50% off now . GSPs Muay Thai coach . They’re fire .

20. GordoBarraBJJ Titanium Belt

I have both - bought them last time they did a 50% off sale. The quality is good.

HunterAcosta likes this.