Mikey Berimbolo System

yetanother

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Are you watching it too?

Have been watching it and drilling it recently and I like it a lot.
A fuckton of details for everything, it's well organised and it has a lot of stuff I haven't seen as a bjj nerd who has watched everything berimbolo related.

I haven't watched the dvd, but it impressed me he said under a Bjj fanatics clip he posted on the same fb group, that it's ok to "invert" going towards the leg, in a way that would put a lot less pressure if any on the back.

It used to be a big no no years ago when discussed here.

I'm thinking of picking this up when it's on sale. Mikey is an expert of this technique and seems to have put a lot of work into explaining the details of it. He said he's coming out with more on the same system that involves crab rides and leg entanglement reversals.

I haven't watched the dvd, but it impressed me he said under a Bjj fanatics clip he posted on the same fb group, that it's ok to "invert" going towards the leg, in a way that would put a lot less pressure if any on the back.

It used to be a big no no years ago when discussed here.
You mean inverting "over your face" aka the facebolo? Seen that shown by the Mendes bros as a collar grip counter years ago.

I'm thinking of picking this up when it's on sale. Mikey is an expert of this technique and seems to have put a lot of work into explaining the details of it. He said he's coming out with more on the same system that involves crab rides and leg entanglement reversals.
There is ton of details for sure. There is a lot to learn OTOH vs using a few moves and scrambling more.

You mean inverting "over your face" aka the facebolo? Seen that shown by the Mendes bros as a collar grip counter years ago.

I guess so? I must have missed it cause I can't remember Rafa showing it. I personally used to compare it (I mean just the rolling movement portion) with the classic back take from top slx (the one Buchecha did to Rodolfo years ago).

Iirc the same movement from the berimbolo was kinda frowned upon when I talked about it years ago on F12, but maybe I'm just amplifiying my perception from a couple comments.

I guess so? I must have missed it cause I can't remember Rafa showing it. I personally used to compare it (I mean just the rolling movement portion) with the classic back take from top slx (the one Buchecha did to Rodolfo years ago).

Iirc the same movement from the berimbolo was kinda frowned upon when I talked about it years ago on F12, but maybe I'm just amplifiying my perception from a couple comments.

I remember Rafa teaching it years ago in one of the videos on their online website years ago

I think it's super detailed, but almost in the wrong order.

Meaning the hardest part about Berimbolo is getting them down. And before that, the fight when they push down your DLR or push away your far leg.

I would rather have that DVD first, since it comes up more often.

Don't get me wrong I really like this stuff and can't wait to try it.

Meaning the hardest part about Berimbolo is getting them down. And before that, the fight when they push down your DLR or push away your far leg.

This. Its all about getting their but on the mat

I think he said that is coming, but he said he wanted to show this as the 1st part of the system and then do stuff like the crab ride and the knock downs later. I imagine he'll need to put all of it on separate volumes if he has this much info on just the inversion and the backtake.

This. Its all about getting their but on the mat
Depends, I find getting people on their butts easy.
You need to off balance them by pulling them in the direction they are not basing.
You can off balance left/right/forward. When you off balance left and they are rebasing right you need to off balance forward. Was putting the local pan ams black belt medalist at will with this before he learned to just go down on his knee if his out of balance.

Depends, I find getting people on their butts easy.
You need to off balance them by pulling them in the direction they are not basing.
You can off balance left/right/forward. When you off balance left and they are rebasing right you need to off balance forward. Was putting the local pan ams black belt medalist at will with this before he learned to just go down on his knee if his out of balance.

this has been my experience as well. My bolo game is pretty bad but I find that getting someone onto the ground is relatively easy in the gi.

this has been my experience as well. My bolo game is pretty bad but I find that getting someone onto the ground is relatively easy in the gi.
What's more difficult for me is to get a clean berimbolo entry. Starting from a fucked up berimbolo makes all later on stuff much more difficult.

He has 2 Berimbolo dvds and they're now 50% off (bjj fantics black friday sale)

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections...ystem-part-1-the-foundation-by-mikey-musumeci

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections/all/products/the-berimbolo-system-by-mikey-musumeci

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections/all/products/the-berimbolo-system-part-2-by-mikey-musumeci

If you're ever going to pull the gun on buying bjj fanatics overpriced and under quality stuff now is the time.

If you're ever going to pull the gun on buying bjj fanatics overpriced and under quality stuff now is the time.
The quality of the set is good. Their website is utter shit but they offer a download option.

The quality of the set is good. Their website is utter shit but they offer a download option.
I'm going to get at least oneof the striking instructional's (probably Alex Periera) but I was really disappointed after purchasing the Marcelo Guillotine instructional only to find out that it was just clips put together from his website.

I did notice that the clip from his berimbolo dvd looked pretty decent (compared to some of their other stuff which is really lacking in the production value department.)

I'm going to get at least oneof the striking instructional's (probably Alex Periera) but I was really disappointed after purchasing the Marcelo Guillotine instructional only to find out that it was just clips put together from his website.

I did notice that the clip from his berimbolo dvd looked pretty decent (compared to some of their other stuff which is really lacking in the production value department.)
The visual quality of the berimbolo DVD is good enough to the point I do not notice it.

If you’re gonna get a striking instructional on dynamic striking get Jean Charles Skarbowsky beginner and intermediate . 50% off now . GSPs Muay Thai coach . They’re fire .

If you’re gonna get a striking instructional on dynamic striking get Jean Charles Skarbowsky beginner and intermediate . 50% off now . GSPs Muay Thai coach . They’re fire .
I have both - bought them last time they did a 50% off sale. The quality is good.

Back