Mike Zambidis will defend his Superkombat middleweight title at Iron Challenge - 17.1

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Broadcast, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

Zambidis vs. Kina II in Athens, Greece on January 17th. Superkombat middleweight championship on the line. The promotion is new I think.

The first bout between them took place in Bucharest, Romania at a Superkombat event.

[YT]LZKYdB1bPvg[/YT]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  2. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

Zambidis is old as fuck he should probably start to think about retirement actually he should ahve already some time ago but I'm sure he could make money without fighting himself like opening a gym if he hasn't already but he is really old, has a lot of wear and tear and on top of that doesn't have the kind of style that ages well

3. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  4. Shadess

Shadess ...

Old as fuck?

5. effin

effin Purple Belt

Old as fuck at 34? wow ...

6. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

There are years and then there are fighting years. he has been competing forever and in his context he is old as fuck.
    His style has through all combat sports always aged really badly and while I haven't seen everyone of his fights tbh in the ones i did see I saw a noticable dropoff in performance in recent years.
    The first listed pro fight of his on Wikipedia was 2000 that was 15 years ago alone on Wikipedia there are 175 listed fights he had.
    That is insane.
    10 years is a long or at least seasoned career but 15 years is clearly in any combat sport a pretty long career even for boxers with maybe 50 fights and he has more than 3 times that amount of fights.
    Yes he's old as fuck in fighting years 175 fights is a number that boxers 70 years ago had and most of them were done at 30.

7. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

A bellator title at 205 isn't worth much. Rampage has also had some really bad performances in his last fights in the UFC and has shown his age and notiable declined. And that while having less than 50 fights zambidis has more than 3 times the number of fights rampage has.
    Also in hgiher weight classes people tend to have longer careers the higher the weight class the more success older fighters have it's true in every combat sport.

Zambidis has still something left but why should he there's simply no way he has much time left and it would be refreshing if for once a fighter retires before he is completely shot and gets knocked out in every other fight

8. DastardlyMass

DastardlyMass Brown Belt

isn't the same opponent i berated in the tread for the original fight? This guy had either 7 or 17 fights when he first lost to zambidis ( i can't remember but i bet rude lb does). How in the hell did he get a rematch?

9. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

10. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

What an entrance!

[YT]5hZehV8YIwo[/YT]

[YT]dNa3ArnKoSE#t=15[/YT]

11. Heikki Mustola

Heikki Mustola Slightly Psychotic

Damn, he DOES look old in that pic. Or maybe just bit drained, but I dont know... I have seen same thing with some UFC fighters recently. Like they had aged 5-10 years in the looks departments just overnight (or in the last 1-2 years)

12. Aikidoka

Aikidoka Chief Troublemaker Double Yellow Card

I guess he should consider retirement.

13. animalfan10

animalfan10 Brown Belt

He's only 34, but with his style (taking damage in every fight etc) his mental/physical state is probably more like a 40 year old fighter...

He should just retire....No point loosing to guys he could have whooped easily a few years ago...

14. Axx

Axx Orange Belt

harun kina is not even journeyman worthy, how is he fighting against zambidis? how many pro kickboksing matches does kina have? from what i know hes an mma fighter with a shitty record. this match up makes no sense.

15. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

This doesn"t mean he can"t be a solid kickboxer. He was pretty solid. It makes big sense because he"s Turkish. :) So big war.

It"s a solid opponent if he resisted 7 rounds and a half and Iron Mike needed to bounce back. Probably he will get a better opponent in Superkombat, it was an interview on Greek television with Eduard Irimia now.

By the way, many good fighters don"t have anymore Wikipedia pages. I"m not talking about Kina but about K-1 and Glory kickboxers. They need to be ranked top 10 or so if I"m not wrong to hold articles.

16. Shadess

Shadess ...

Don't remember the requirements exactly but basically ranked in a top tier promotion or a champion of lesser one. Plus someone who cares enough to make a page. There's a bunch of pages that meet the requirements but nobody has made the page.

For a good while I thought about starting a wiki for adding basically any pro fighters, keep their records etc. there but it's just way too much work unless you have a big active community. Mediawiki is also pretty crappy. Ended up a lot smaller scale.

ps. anyone want to make some pages from scratch, maintain a calendar of events or anything else really pm:)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015