Mike Tyson's Punch Out

'Rocky'

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Any fellow classic video game fans beat Tyson?

I used to beat him regularly as a kid. Revisiting the game now it's a lot tougher and I have to retry a few times, but I can still do it.

tysonpunchout.jpg

Of course..

Last time I played it was a few years ago on my PC with an emulator. Took a bit of time but I beat him in a decision.

In College we lived right next to campus, and we had a nice multi-TV setup with different consoles hooked up, so friends would stop by between classes and play different games. My roommates cousin would stop by probably 3 times a week, and beat Mike Tyson's Punch Out from start to finish without getting hit. He had the game down to a science... but every once in awhile he would still get dropped by Tyson. We used to mess around and try to distract him when he got to Tyson.

When I was about ten I beat Tyson in the 1st round and never did it again.

I used to beat him regularly as a kid. Revisiting the game now it's a lot tougher and I have to retry a few times, but I can still do it.

yeah, I beat him back in the day. but it is hard to repeat now after 30 years.

007-373-5963

Yeah, first time I beat him was by decision. Took a lot of failed attempts.

BTW, in that game, some people are impossible to beat by decision. I think Soda Popinsky was one of them.

Yeah, I beat him back in the day.

The new one was pretty great too, but the bosses were pretty lame compared to Tyson. Beating Donkey Kong was a bitch, but nowhere near as insane as Tyson. I found the hardest guy in the new game to be Soda Popinski.

I beat him once when I was like 10 and was probably more shocked than Buster Douglas was when he actually beat the human Tyson.

The thing with that fight was as you got closer to victory you started getting anxious and then you'd screw up.

I beat him once when I was like 10 and was probably more shocked than Buster Douglas was when he actually beat the human Tyson.

The thing with that fight was as you got closer to victory you started getting anxious and then you'd screw up.

Hahaha.. You made me remember how it really felt to fight Mike Tyson back in the day. You'd briefly glance at that clock as it ticks off in the 3rd round and you're praying you can survive till the end. It wasn't a fight to beat Tyson. More like a fight to survive.

Games seemed a lot harder back in the days.

This is exactly what happened to me....every....single....time. lol. I would get anxious as the fight got closer to the end and would always find a way to screw it up. Usually by dodging way too early.

Loved that game. I used to be able to run through the whole thing pretty easy. Played it about 10 years ago and even though I remembered the patterns my timing was all messed up.

lol @ beating Tyson. That shit was super easy.

Yall pussies let me know when you can beat Nick Bruiser in Super Punch Out

lol... super punch out was a bunch of softballs in comparison.

I don't think anybody out there beat Sandman, Super Macho, and certainly not Mike the first times they fought them.

I've hung on to my Nintendo after all of these years and I usually bust it out once a year or so. Something happened where I started having trouble with this game about 5 years ago.
I got stuck on Soda Pop and ended up not being able to beat Super Macho Man.

I typed in the code for Tyson and was not able to beat him. I think either my reflexes have diminished or the XBOX 360 generation ruined my NES skills.

A friend of mine made this video when he was deployed to Iraq in 2004. We were hanging out when he was on leave and I had my NES hooked up to One of those old ass projection big Screens in my living room.

When he went back to the War one of his goals was to beat Tyson. He was able to do it with an emulator using the key pad as a controller. He put together this little piece using Windows Movie Maker and music from the Rocky IV soundtrack.

That game had some slightly unresponsive controls though. Not nearly as polished as MTs KO. There's no excuses with Mike. You either got it, or you don't.

I've hung on to my Nintendo after all of these years and I usually bust it out once a year or so. Something happened where I started having trouble with this game about 5 years ago.
I got stuck on Soda Pop and ended up not being able to beat Super Macho Man.

I typed in the code for Tyson and was not able to beat him. I think either my reflexes have diminished or the XBOX 360 generation ruined my NES skills.
Are you playing on a CRT?

Back