Mike Tyson will face Roy Jones Jr in exhibition

Who wins it?

• Total voters
Roy trains a lot more, has had more recent matches and is younger than Tyson with less wear and tear on his body over the course of his career.

Not sure why anyone would favor Tyson. Roy will school him in this exhibition.
they both have taken some ko's, but roy has more than double the rounds than tyson. now granted he wasn't touched alot in his prime but not sure why wear and tear is in his favor.

and the age is pretty close.

and roy was more likely on ped's in his prime of the 2.......(i think)

One of the saddest tale of the taps I've ever seen. People keep your expectations in check. You are watching a couple of old men in above average shape punching each other....

2a63ef231a6549d2ba0265d4d6ce9b69_md.jpg

Not sure I even want to see this.
It’s the equivalent of watching Nicole Aniston when she’s 84yrs old.
As much as I love Mike, I have to agree. They both had amazing careers but its over, I dont want to see either guy take more damage.

Roy trains a lot more, has had more recent matches and is younger than Tyson with less wear and tear on his body over the course of his career.

Not sure why anyone would favor Tyson. Roy will school him in this exhibition.

Jones had a way longer career than Tyson with way more rounds and wear and tear. Not sure where you get your information from.

Probably?

JollySophisticatedAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

{<hhh]
Yup, I watched him growing up. There's a gif somewhere, I don't remember who he was fighting, where h his opponent began a punch and before it got halfway to RJJ, RJJ fucked the guy with like 3-4 punches.

Was my favorite boxer as a kid, he was just a rising star when I started High School so I saw almost all his televised fights. From a and speed/power combo maybe the best ever. If you take out the DQ in the first Griffin fight (that he was going to win by KO) he had a 49-0 record at age 35.

Yup, I watched him growing up. There's a gif somewhere, I don't remember who he was fighting, where h his opponent began a punch and before it got halfway to RJJ, RJJ fucked the guy with like 3-4 punches.

Was my favorite boxer as a kid, he was just a rising star when I started High School so I saw almost all his televised fights. From a and speed/power combo maybe the best ever. If you take out the DQ in the first Griffin fight (that he was going to win by KO) he had a 49-0 record at age 35.

And he wasn't even that technical. Tyson was obviously explosive, and quick for a heavyweight. But to say the quickness and hand speed was comparable in prime is ludicrous.

It's an exhibition. No big deal.

And he wasn't even that technical. Tyson was obviously explosive, and quick for a heavyweight. But to say the quickness and hand speed was comparable in prime is ludicrous.
Yeah, not even close. I mean, Tyson was very quick for a heavyweight but not like some matrix shit RJJ was doing.

So apparently they'll be wearing no headgear and 12 oz. gloves, but they won't be trying to take each other's heads off, according to the promotion. That would show some incredible restraint on Tyson's part. I think a light jab at this point might concuss Roy.

What chance either guy goes all Floyd in this ‘exhibition’ and starts putting some hurt on?

I dont hate it... interesting.
Looks likes Tyson has been committed to real training and staying in fight shape.
Roy is a big question mark. He has looked out of shape and not dedicated since the end of his real career for decades.
We all know that neither guy will be anywhere close to their hall of fame primes or even at the level of current contenders. Even if they get into the best shapes of their lives.
I am interested to see if this motivates RJJ to go all out though.

Better than Canelo or Crawford fighting guys I've barely heard of. Better than champions avoiding eachother.

Wow when I first saw the headline I thought it was Jones as in Jon JONES and that would have been exciting

an exhibition vs a 20 years past his prime RJJ does nothing. not even worth watching really

I'm not much for boxing, that is freakishly impressive.

In his prime I believe RJJ had some of the best genetics for fighting the world has ever seen. His combination of speed, reflexes, accuracy and power was otherworldly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back