Mike Tyson When He Was In Prison

He was already boxing when he met bobby Stewart, I know he introduced him to cus. You don't recognise someone's boxing talent if they're doing triple jump.
no he wasn't, i don't know where you're getting your facts but he was a street fighter, not a boxer at that time. street fighter yes, boxer no. Bobby Stewart was his first teacher, introduced him to cus, teddy Atlas did the bulk of the hands on training with cus fine tuning and Rooney took over after the blowout.

he was in protective custody for his own good
he wasn't in real jail at all. he would have meeting with his "shrink" and it would actually be an excort.
he was eating lobsters and streaks. read his book it explains it all.

he seems to say his time in indiana wasn't that bad. I don't think he's being completely honest though. He's expressed so much bitterness over the whole situation. But I do believe he got away with stuff the other prisoners didn't because he was Mike Tyson.

As to the question, Larry King asked if anyone tried him, Tyson said that one guy did and that he took the guy for a little private conversation and whispered in his ear. he didn't say what he said. Comedian Ariel Spears said he felt a cold chill go up his spine when he said that as he wondered "what the fuck did he tell him" then did an imitation of the guy waking up to mike tyson fucking him up the ass and laughing.

also, there were some street legends who learned prison boxing, 52 blocks or the same style by different names. the style had a variety of moves associated to it. It's flashy, it looks really wasteful, supposedly has grappling techniques. A practitioner did say Tyson did it in the ring at times, and it looked to be true. The way he came out of his corner, he'd kick backwards, a 52 block move, where you kick off of a wall to push forward. He also did some in the Bonecrusher smith fight, the guy said Mike did it when he'd get frustrated, which I believe, because, we all go back to where we started when we're in trouble, just human.

B-Hop, Hagler both started seriously training/boxing while in the slam, right?

I think on Tyson, he meant JDC (Juvenile Detention Center aka "Gladiator School"), Sunfish. Mike liked to sucker-punch elderly women who came out from cashing their pension/social security checks when he was young (11/12) and that's where Cus found him, if memory serves.

Hagler did not start out in jail, Hagler was a pretty good kid as boxers go. I've never, ever heard anything about him being involved in anything illegal as a kid. Later on, he had problems with his wife but that was when he was in his 30's and retired. Hagler started when he lost a streetlight, he went into a local boxing gym, met the Petronelli brothers and went from there. I think B-hop was an ammie before he got in trouble too but i don't know as much about him. Most likely he was.

I couldn't see tyson and cus meeting after he kayoed an old lady and took her money but it's a pretty funny image.

Taking into account his current age and the fact that he's been out of the spotlight for many years, would any of you fight him now?

I'd fight him, no clue how it would go either way. I'm probably in better condition than him, i still work out several hours at a time but i'm a lot fatter than when i was young. Of course, i know on here everyone would think he'd kill me but they know nothing about me. Believe it or not, there are some really good fighters who don't really seek the limelight, and I'm speaking of people other than myself who I've known who've actually taken top ufc fighters.

I'd fight him, no clue how it would go either way. I'm probably in better condition than him, i still work out several hours at a time but i'm a lot fatter than when i was young. Of course, i know on here everyone would think he'd kill me but they know nothing about me. Believe it or not, there are some really good fighters who don't really seek the limelight, and I'm speaking of people other than myself who I've known who've actually taken top ufc fighters.
I'd back you up moz, and by that I'd stand 20 feet away filming on my phone shouting worldstar.

Tyson would whip my ass if he was on a Zimmer frame.

no clue how it would go either way.

Everything points to mozfonky by knockout.

It's just Mike Tyson, not Kubrat Pulev.

15ww3o.png

i don't know, i didn't say i'd win, i have no clue and enough humility to realize he could kayo me with a single punch. Fighters are not supposed to worry about that though. One thing i can tell you, in his one man show, he sure did breath hard after the scenes where he would reenact his fights. At any rate, I love Mike, he was one of my heroes. Just too bad he let so many of us down.

i'll tell you another interesting story, i was training in the same gym that bob sapp was at the time that they were trying to put together a Tyson fight with him. I spoke with one of the trainers who i knew well, he actually thought sapp had a good shot. I told him that Sapp wouldn't last a round and if he did, he'd be exhausted. Tyson would have killed him. This was right at the time when sapp was a big name in japan and was beating people he shouldn't have been so, it being mma, those idiots actually thought he could do that to tyson. I was disgusted with Sapps being able to get those kinds of breaks and tried to tell the guy. We never spoke about Sapp again but i'm trying to get in touch with him, if I do i'll ask him just to see him laugh. Tyson recognized it too "he's a total beginner". Oddly, in his bio, Mike says he wasn't in shape to fight at that time. I couldn't picture him losing to Sapp, I happen to think his bio wasn't really written by him.

i don't know, i didn't say i'd win, i have no clue and enough humility to realize he could kayo me with a single punch. Fighters are not supposed to worry about that though. One thing i can tell you, in his one man show, he sure did breath hard after the scenes where he would reenact his fights. At any rate, I love Mike, he was one of my heroes. Just too bad he let so many of us down.

Seriously, for your own sake: You'd be well advised to bend over and pick up the soap if Iron Mike told you so.

Hagler did not start out in jail, Hagler was a pretty good kid as boxers go. I've never, ever heard anything about him being involved in anything illegal as a kid. Later on, he had problems with his wife but that was when he was in his 30's and retired. Hagler started when he lost a streetlight, he went into a local boxing gym, met the Petronelli brothers and went from there. I think B-hop was an ammie before he got in trouble too but i don't know as much about him. Most likely he was.

I couldn't see tyson and cus meeting after he kayoed an old lady and took her money but it's a pretty funny image.

I thought Hagler did a stint for something, but I think a lot of things.
On Mike, that wasn't one time. That was his regular routine and why he landed in JDC. Back before direct deposit. You had to cash checks and he would wait outside the bank and sucker-punch 80 year-old women and steal their envelopes first week of the month. I don't remember where that gem was printed or who told me, but he got steered towards Cus about the same time. 11 or 12 years old himself at the time. Mike. Just what I heard/remember.

i'll tell you another interesting story, i was training in the same gym that bob sapp was at the time that they were trying to put together a Tyson fight with him. I spoke with one of the trainers who i knew well, he actually thought sapp had a good shot. I told him that Sapp wouldn't last a round and if he did, he'd be exhausted. Tyson would have killed him. This was right at the time when sapp was a big name in japan and was beating people he shouldn't have been so, it being mma, those idiots actually thought he could do that to tyson. I was disgusted with Sapps being able to get those kinds of breaks and tried to tell the guy. We never spoke about Sapp again but i'm trying to get in touch with him, if I do i'll ask him just to see him laugh. Tyson recognized it too "he's a total beginner". Oddly, in his bio, Mike says he wasn't in shape to fight at that time. I couldn't picture him losing to Sapp, I happen to think his bio wasn't really written by him.

Yeah. Tyson was specifically cally trained by dmatato to beat larger opponents.

People who dont know boxing act like tyson was a wild slugger. But he was perhaps one of the most technically tight boxers who ever lived. In order to beat tyson you have to match him technically and wrap him up on the inside. Sapp simply doesnt have the skills and fundys to give tyson any problems.

Listen, hoost is a legend. But tysons boxing is way ahead of anything weve seen from kickboxing.

Sapps only shot is to catch Tyson with a perfectly timed lucky shot. Something nobody was able to do to Tyson even in his older years.

If it went down, sapp is getting hit within the first round and he is not getting up.

B-Hop, Hagler both started seriously training/boxing while in the slam, right?

I think on Tyson, he meant JDC (Juvenile Detention Center aka "Gladiator School"), Sunfish. Mike liked to sucker-punch elderly women who came out from cashing their pension/social security checks when he was young (11/12) and that's where Cus found him, if memory serves.

Yes Hopkins got his start in the PA prison system

Seriously, for your own sake: You'd be well advised to bend over and pick up the soap if Iron Mike told you so.
no, i'd get to his ears before he got to mine.

Back