Mike Tyson vs. Wesley Snipes

Pretty random, but a neat story none the less. I would be scared shitless if i was Snipes in that situation. Tyson is extremely intimidating.

Funny cause Tyson at that time could have taken Snipes, Pitt and Rogan out all at once.

Must say that is funny as shit i don't understand what he was thinking when he was with Mike's girl.

lolll

fuck that... if I knew she was Tyson's friend I'd keep my distance before I say something that would offend her

It would make a GREAT editorial-style cartoon. Picture it:

"Mike Tyson eats Wesley Snipes' @$$hole alive, that b!t<h !"

Brad Pitt on the other hand is prettier than a lot of women.

"Now, Mike, now, Mike, we can do this together."

By "this" was Snipes referring to Hope?

I tried to find a comment from Wesley Snipes on this story and I got lucky. He addresses it in a Howard Stern interview in 1998. Snipes says it is a total lie.

[YT]1EcT24DdjIk[/YT]

Starts at 24:29.

Any interviews with Tyson that confirm this?

I looked around and found a comment by Mike Tyson on Wesley Snipes.

Here's an excerpt from his book Undisputed Truth:

I spent a lot of time in L.A. in the late '80s. I had an apartment in Century City off Wilshire. A friend of mine was christening is boat and he had a party where I met this beautiful girl named Hope. She was with a girlfriend of hers and they arrived near the end of the party when the food had run out. I was sitting at a table with a big plate of food in front of me, so Hope walked up to me out of the blue and went in to a great Andrew Dice imitation. "Look, my friend will blow you if you buy dinner. Me and my friend are starving." I thought she was hilarious. I invited them to pull up a seat and I shared my food with them. I didn't get any feeling that she wanted to be intimate with me so we just became running dogs. She had a lot of girlfriends and I would say, "Hope, I really like that girl a lot." So she hooked me up. I became a big brother to her. She was always having problems with men. I would take one look at a guy and tell her, "Hope that guy's gay," or, "This guy will never care about you." I was really good at seeing through people's bullshit. Except for the women in my life.

We became close. Hope was going to college then and she didn't have much money, so I let her stay in the spare bedroom in my apartment. But we were just platonic friends. No one could believe it because Hope was so hot. "Mike, you're fucking her. I know you are," all of my friends would say. "I saw you fuck that ugly fat bitch, you got to be fucking this one." I became super protective of Hope. One of our favorite places to go was this club called RnB live. That was where Hope bumped in to Wesley Snipes. She started dating him while I was out of town. When I got back to L.A., she came to me crying. Wesley had broken her heart; he didn't want her anymore. "See, Hope, this is what happens when you mess with those kinds of men in your life. You need a straight guy," I told her. But Hope she didn't want to hear that. She wanted to hear "Why are you crying, Hope? I'm going to kick his ass."

Hope didn't get what she wanted from me, so she said to me, "Oh, and Wesley didn't get why I was, with you. He said, 'What are you doing with a guy like Tyson?' to me."

I knew that was bullshit.

A few days later I made plans to meet Hope at RnB. I sat next to her and asked her how school was, when we saw Wesley Snipes walk in. I excused myself and walked over to him. Wesley looked up, saw me, and panicked.

"Mike, please don't hit me in my face, that's how I make a living," he said.

"Man, don't worry about that thing with Hope. She's just hurt."

We both laughed about it.

So according to Mike Tyson himself Hope was actually a close female friend, not a girlfriend. She dated Wesley Snipes. Snipes dumped her. She confided in Tyson and tried to get Tyson angry with Snipes but he didn't buy in to it. There was a confrontation but it didn't lead to a violent altercation.

So according to both Snipes and Tyson there was no fight.

I bumped this thread because I didn't feel this warranted a new thread as it's such an old story. Man, you can't believe anything people say these days.

Strange. You think Snipes could sue the person who wrote that book.

yea wtf i wouldnt think shit like this would just happen...two big names at the time fighting each other surely wouldve made the news.

Strange. You think Snipes could sue the person who wrote that book.

Yeah he could sue him for defamation but I don't think he considers it to be that serious. All he has to do is deny it when it comes up.

yea wtf i wouldnt think shit like this would just happen...two big names at the time fighting each other surely wouldve made the news.

Good point.

Tyson's street fight with Mitch Green made big news. If word got out that he KO'd Snipes in a restaurant it would surely have made news. Also Snipes could sue him for assault.

some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate up hill.

that guy, rudy gonzalez is a lowlife, I didn't really believe anything he wrote. He was also a "friend" of Hector Camacho, one who would berate him on his facebook when he was alive. so no, I don't like the dude.

At the top of the forum. Someone bumped it.

Back